Mason Bennett

robglosta

I'll be honest I never thought he'd break through and assumed he'd go the Callum Ball route rather than the Will Hughes.  I'm chuffed for him, and he's a player we can all really get behind especially with his work rate.  I'd imagine Jody Morris is working hard on him, a perfect role for him to nurture.  

Early days, but keep it up Mase! 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im happy for him... i was beging to think he’d never make it ... in past seasons he’s looked decent in spells & not so good in others... thought it was make or break & he’d be out. Was beging tp think he was overrated like Hanson because he was one of our own... glad to see him do well. Hope he can keep it up & push on. He looks dangerous when he’s on it 

Thing is he's always been chucked in and felt like he had something to prove. His performances were quite frustrating as he tried to impress rather than make the best decisions for the team. 

I think he'll look better the more settled he is. When he feels like he's in and around the starting line up I think he'll be  calmer and better decision maker. 

Do you remember when one manager sent him out on loan not long after he'd done an interview specifically saying he wants to play here and not on loan? Can't remember who it was. Sent him to Chesterfield or summat? 

It must be hard when you feel like anything less than a spectacular performance will see you back in the U23's. 

To be fair with Mason Bennett, since he burst on the scene at 15 we all thought we had a gem on our books. But a lot of injury in the nearly 7 years we have had him, have pushed him back a bit. Lets hope he spends the rest of his career with no major injuries and continues to grow under Jody Morris and company.

12 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Thing is he's always been chucked in and felt like he had something to prove. His performances were quite frustrating as he tried to impress rather than make the best decisions for the team. 

I think he'll look better the more settled he is. When he feels like he's in and around the starting line up I think he'll be  calmer and better decision maker. 

Do you remember when one manager sent him out on loan not long after he'd done an interview specifically saying he wants to play here and not on loan? Can't remember who it was. Sent him to Chesterfield or summat? 

It must be hard when you feel like anything less than a spectacular performance will see you back in the U23's. 

You are right most of his appearances were coming on and he then ran around like a headless chicken trying to prove he was capable of playing in a men’s league. He could do it at school boy level but the step up is hard. 

The running around like a headless chicken got him injured. This season FL has bumped up his confidence and given him a chance. He has taken that chance and now needs to show some maturity and he will come on.

14 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

I'm happy to be proved wrong. I didn't think he'd ever make it with us. The loans spells seem to have matured him as a player. I'm chuffed to bits for him. Keep on proving me wrong Mason. What do I know? Sweet FA it would appear.

Not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion. I’m struggling to think of a bad performance for us I’ve the last 2 seasons (admittedly he hasn’t featured much)

I’m happy he’s in the first team and doing well, I do wish he would take his man on a bit more though.

He played well today, but I think he can be more of a threat if he just believed in himself a bit more.

just my stupid opinion.

1 minute ago, Boycie said:

I’m happy he’s in the first team and doing well, I do wish he would take his man on a bit more though.

He played well today, but I think he can be more of a threat if he just believed in himself a bit more.

just my stupid opinion.

Yes confidence is a huge factor with him.

Unpopular opinion but don’t think he’s good enough at this level. Haven’t seen anything that says he will be, thought he was poor again today, struggles to beat a man and has little composure. As I said it’ll be unpopular as he’s a Derby lad, but let’s not get blinkered by that.

good pass in the build up for the goal however 

14 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Unpopular opinion but don’t think he’s good enough at this level. Haven’t seen anything that says he will be, thought he was poor again today, struggles to beat a man and has little composure. As I said it’ll be unpopular as he’s a Derby lad, but let’s not get blinkered by that.

good pass in the build up for the goal however 

He was awarded man of the match...

Archived