Mason Bennett

robglosta

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Not sure how you’ve come to that conclusion. I’m struggling to think of a bad performance for us I’ve the last 2 seasons (admittedly he hasn’t featured much)

Just my general opinion of him in the limited periods we've seen of him. Probably not fair to compare him to Will Hughes but you could instantly see Will was technically very good from a young age. Masons attributes are more about pace and power which aren't always enough unless you use them intelligently. As someone as already mentioned he came across as a bit of a headless chicken initially but now he seems to have learnt to use his strong points to be more effective. Probably would have got more game time last season if he hadn't got injured. His industry makes him an ideal Rowettball player. FL obviously rates him so that's good enough for me. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Unpopular opinion but don’t think he’s good enough at this level. Haven’t seen anything that says he will be, thought he was poor again today, struggles to beat a man and has little composure. As I said it’ll be unpopular as he’s a Derby lad, but let’s not get blinkered by that.

good pass in the build up for the goal however 

I take it then you were, as your username suggests, in Texas as opposed to Derby for today's game then...? ?

Admittedly not the complete package yet but seems to be showing more and more each game, today was his most complete performance for us yet, unlucky not to score barring some good keeping and links play well. Plenty of positives in my book

3 minutes ago, YorkshireRam said:

I take it then you were, as your username suggests, in Texas as opposed to Derby for today's game then...? ?

Admittedly not the complete package yet but seems to be showing more and more each game, today was his most complete performance for us yet, unlucky not to score barring some good keeping and links play well. Plenty of positives in my book

No, I was there today as I am every home game. I know we are longing for a home grown hero, but unfortunately I don’t (imo) think Mason is good enough. He’ll struggle to get back in the squad if he’s injured (again may I add) as we now have more competition for those places. 

1 hour ago, PrivateDerby said:

Was so proud for him when he got clapped off, was great to see. 

Up an' at 'em Bennett ?

Surprising to see that there are people (ok 1 person) on here who think that the 20,000 chanting his name were idiots and that it's much more supportive to demean someone who bleeds black and white.

Man of the match today and deservedly so. Can't understand why folk are always looking for reasons to nitpick. If he'd constantly taken on his man, some on here wouldn't be happy about that either. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. How about we just say good performance lad and move on. He'll develop further if he gets a run of games and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being instrumental in a decent season for the club. 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

Wow people really think that, wow ! 

Not everybody....I think he had a decent game but and I do not say this often Keogh was the best player on show today.You are right that people are desperate for a homegrown player and right now Bogle looks like he could be the best for awhile.

Mason has always been about pace and power he tried the power bit once in the first half and lost out against another opponent it may work.He has improved his all round game in the last year but I agree if he looses his place he will struggle to regain it but that equally applies to a number of other positions.The only one's I cannot see it applying too is Mount and Carson with possibly Lawrence also.

16 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Surprising to see that there are people (ok 1 person) on here who think that the 20,000 chanting his name were idiots and that it's much more supportive to demean someone who bleeds black and white.

I don’t think you’re  idiots by any stretch, but I think some are clinging onto the fact just because he’s a Derby lad we must lord it evrytime he has a 6/10 performance. In my opinion for us to progress then a player with his ability shouldn’t be in the starting 11. Again I’ll stress it’s my opinion and generally means very little (apart from I was right about Clement, Rowett, Blackman, Anya, Butterfield and Bent) 

2 minutes ago, TexasRam said:

I don’t think your idiots by any stretch, but I think some are clinging onto the fact just because he’s a Derby lad we must lord it evrytime he has a 6/10 performance. In my opinion for us to progress then a player with his ability shouldn’t be in the starting 11. Again I’ll stress it’s my opinion and generally means very little (apart from I was right about Clement, Rowett, Blackman, Anya, Butterfield and Bent) 

Unless you were right about Leon Best too it doesn't count. 

Just now, Will Hughes Hair said:

Unless you were right about Leon Best too it doesn't count. 

I wasn’t I thought he would be the next Dean Saunders, so nothing I say matters

1 hour ago, TexasRam said:

Unpopular opinion but don’t think he’s good enough at this level. Haven’t seen anything that says he will be, thought he was poor again today, struggles to beat a man and has little composure. As I said it’ll be unpopular as he’s a Derby lad, but let’s not get blinkered by that.

good pass in the build up for the goal however 

If so you're completely clueless. We've had a lot worse players for us at this level than Mason, Mason plays well and people still slag him off... shameful to be honest....

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

If so you're completely clueless. We've had a lot worse players for us at this level than Mason, Mason plays well and people still slag him off... shameful to be honest....

Oh god the “you can’t say anything against a player brigade” I’m not slagging him off, I just don’t think he’s good enough to take us forward.

Archived