Bryson

Warren Hobhead

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Shuff264 said:

Watching highlights, what is Bryson doing for there second? Completely misreading and failing to control ball

Dont think he suits being deepest man, need a strong passer like Huddlestone or Evans in that role.

Yes, really looking forward to good things from Evans. He will hopefully have a decent passing game and be able to get round the field better than Huddlestone. Bryson now a decent player for the bench imo.

6 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Can I just suggest that lampards cuts his the learning curve down by reviewing the 2013,14 seasons online and observing precisely where our most successful and prolific players were positioned back then.  It will save him and us an awful lot of heartache.

I am sure Lampard would find this pearl of wisdom equally as amusing as l have. 

I know I’ll get rinsed for this but I’ve been thinking it for a while. I think Johnson could really excell this season in the role Bryson currently occupies. He has the engine and mobility to play box to box and he has a bit of flaire too. Hudds and Mount can do the eye catching passes and touches but I think Johnson has the ability to win the ball back and just pass to a player who can play + we all know he has ability to play a 40 yard ball through to a striker or test the keeper from outside the box 

In conclusion I just think this year he brings something different to our midfield, more physical and I feel Bryson and Mount can be too similar.  

11 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

I don't think there would be much of a problem if we had Bryson on the bench being subbed on for Mount as an impact sub.

Or vice versa. If Bryso had been playing where Mount was I think he'd have scored a couple of goals and had a similar effect on our play. Mount is by no means the finished article, there's a long way between the Dutch league style and the Championship I think.

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or vice versa. If Bryso had been playing where Mount was I think he'd have scored a couple of goals and had a similar effect on our play. Mount is by no means the finished article, there's a long way between the Dutch league style and the Championship I think.

Very true, either way I don't want to see Bryson struggling in this system. 

18 hours ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Bryson is out of position.

Can I just suggest that lampards cuts his the learning curve down by reviewing the 2013,14 seasons online and observing precisely where our most successful and prolific players were positioned back then.

It will save him and us an awful lot of heartache.

Yawn! 

Why stop at 2013/14? We had a good team back in 1997/98, he could get some of them out of retirement. 

As much as I enjoyed that period we are down to 3 or 4 players left and the manager wants to go in a different direction. 

Just let it go.

2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

As much as I enjoyed that period we are down to 3 or 4 players left and the manager wants to go in a different direction.

Does he? 

Rotating midfield and pressing aside it’s very similar… the former of which isn’t working anyway…

I just don’t think the mount, Bryson, Johnson combo works which is making them all look worse than they are.

theres not a controller of the game in either of those 3 hence we don’t control a game. No DM either so they are all disjointed in midfield.

20 hours ago, DcfcJB said:

I know I’ll get rinsed for this but I’ve been thinking it for a while. I think Johnson could really excell this season in the role Bryson currently occupies. He has the engine and mobility to play box to box and he has a bit of flaire too. Hudds and Mount can do the eye catching passes and touches but I think Johnson has the ability to win the ball back and just pass to a player who can play + we all know he has ability to play a 40 yard ball through to a striker or test the keeper from outside the box 

In conclusion I just think this year he brings something different to our midfield, more physical and I feel Bryson and Mount can be too similar.  

You get a like for using the word rinsed!

Vastly under used word.

Good player is Bryson, but he's playing in a position that doesn't suit him at all. Him and Mount should be battling it out for a slot.

Sadly the complete lack of balance in our midfield options means FL is trying to accommodate both and it doesn't work. 

In my mind for this formation you'd ideally have a defensive midfielder (Thorne of the 2014 vintage/or an experienced battler like Eustace), a linking midfielder who is good at both attacking and defending (which we don't have unless Evans can do it or Ledley can sort himself out) and a box to box (Mount/Bryson).

I really like Hudds but I struggle to see him in this fluid formation, he has the technique but his style doesn't really suit the defensive midfield or linking midfielder slots. 

6 hours ago, cannable said:

Does he? 

Rotating midfield and pressing aside it’s very similar… the former of which isn’t working anyway…

Mac 1 team got the ball forward quickly and played their football in the opposition half.

Lampard wants to play out from the back.

Mac 1 team was all centred around Chris Martin.

Other than formation I don't see any comparison between the 2 teams...as of yet.

I'm in the camp that thinks bryson and mount need to fight for one spot as the attacking midfielder. Mounts probably mmore skilled, but brysons motor is exceptional.

The real problem, like has been said, the balance iis wrong and its hampering all of them.

Plus, its always been the case it takes.bryson a while in the side to really get sharp and be his best, but hes not really hhad that run for years now because of injuries, managers, and coming in but not being in firm and being dropped again.

33 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Mac 1 team got the ball forward quickly and played their football in the opposition half.

We played out from the back under McClaren as well, the centre-halves splitting and the #6 dropping in. 

The difference then was that we had a player who could move the ball effectively through the thirds whereas now we have Bryson playing the way he’s facing.

Archived