Please dont judge on this leeds performance

nfb

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Mount and Waghorn not showing for the ball twice all game between them is more of an issue than any mistake. Bryson having to drop deep because Ledley can’t handle the ball is worse than any mistake. 

You start calling out issues for individual mistakes when the rest of the team functions. We didn’t function, Keogh is far down the list of concerns. Most of the time he was in trouble is because he had nobody to pass forward to. It’s an indictment on the system and not Keogh that most of his successful forward passes were long rather than short or between the lines.

Most of the team was poor It's not just Keogh, but Its not even just Keogh's passing that was poor for roofes 2nd  goal the defending was tragic as he didn't cover his teammate properly as he was to close to him  and not at the right angle and then he dived in stupidly and missed the ball when a decent defender would have either forced roofe away from goal or blocked the shot. He consistently makes massive errors , I think once davies is fit Keogh will never start barring injuries or suspensions.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Spanish said:

What the hell as gt done in the last 2 years to deserve a start?  

And in fact, you can add Butterfield to that list, he’d have had far more of s controlling influence if deployed specifically as a #6 as opposed to that nonsense that is Ledley and Bryson rotating.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Who cares if Leeds are good? We should judge ourselves exactly on this kind of opposition, who cares if you look good beating some dross at the other end of the table? If we want to compete at the top end, we have to be more competitive than we were today. 

I agree, not a prayer you can even scrape 6th without any defensive organisation , I dont even think mount has made a tackle in the first two games not a dig at him as hes an attacking player but I think we are going to have to revert to a 4231 or possibly a 442 with mount on the left and Waghorn and marriot upfront.

4 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Most of the team was poor It's not just Keogh, but Its not even just Keogh's passing that was poor for roofes 2nd  goal the defending was tragic as he didn't cover his teammate properly as he was to close to him  and not at the right angle and then he dived in stupidly and missed the ball when a decent defender would have either forced roofe away from goal or blocked the shot. He consistently makes massive errors , I think once davies is fit Keogh will never start barring injuries or suspensions.

Keogh doesn’t tuck inside their and Roofe slips it into the guy left of Tamori.

Also, with Wisdom's inability to do anything positive going forward and Wilson being very left-footed (ie. he can't use his right foot) then we have no threat going down that side.

The personnel is all wrong.

Bryson and Mount being like a clone. Means Bryson drops deep, which he isn't good at. DM is a real issue.

Lowe is really poor. Lawrence loses the ball far too often, either via poor touch or greedyness. Waghorn I feel can't play the role we're requiring of him. Works better in a two.

We need:

GK: Carson

LB: New 

CB: Davies

CB: keogh

RB: New

DM: New

Linkmid: New

Attmid: Mount/Bryson

LW: Wilson

RW: New/Jozefzoon

ST: New hold-up striker/Marriott

12 minutes ago, McLovin said:

But you’d have to ask yourself WHY Leeds were so good, it’s not like they were outstanding last season.

They hired a coach held in good repute, and with a decent record ( recent French stint aside)

We hired a managerial novice, that was thrust straight into the championship as a PR stunt and gamble by MM.  

1 minute ago, Viper2 said:

They hired a coach held in good repute, and with a decent record ( recent French stint aside)

We hired a managerial novice, that was thrust straight into the championship as a PR stunt and gamble by MM.  

What if they’ve got the French stint coach, it’s still very early days!

Ok Leeds played much better and with an intensity.  We have a virtual new team that will take time to gel.

Leeds also have a relatively small squad so it remains to see if they can keep this up beyond Christmas. 

Stop panicking and getting all gloomy over one performance 

13 minutes ago, Viper2 said:

One game and here we go again. Doom mongers should watch tiddly winks. Less pressure on your heart

I’m not a basher of Keogh but do think Tomori showed enough to be potentially starting next to Davies.

Leeds were excellent, but as has been said in the press the squad there is very small. It’s a long season.

Personally, I’d rather we got tonked in the second game and given a reality check so that we all remember that this side is young and a work in progress. 

What they do need is positive support. 

49 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Who cares if Leeds are good? We should judge ourselves exactly on this kind of opposition, who cares if you look good beating some dross at the other end of the table? If we want to compete at the top end, we have to be more competitive than we were today. 

Leeds emphasised problems that were evident against Reading.

IF and it’s a big IF Leeds can keep that level up, they’ll win the league. Right now the best team in the league.

Derby very much in transition. I was expecting to lose today, hoping for a draw, didn’t expect 4-1. Our shortcomings were crudely exposed, big issue is we don’t control the game in midfield, that’s the main area we need to rectify.

I wouldn’t be surprised if halfway through the season our record is won 12 lost 11. I also think we may concede 4 again at home this season. People didn’t want Rowett shithouse football. This is the alternative, it will hopefully be better in the long run but it will take time and fans patience is needed.

Positives - Tomori - what a player. Mount Wilson Lawrence Waghorn all shown glimpses of what they can do for us this season, FloJo had a positive impact off the bench

Another positive/negative - Ledley cannot play the 4-3-3. Badly exposed but Lamps knows that now.

Archived