Please dont judge on this leeds performance

nfb

I hate to say it as a 40 year weeds hater, but they look like the league winners already, if we had played like they did today we would be buzzing, they passed us off the park and were better all over the park....

But, we know that this is a rebuilding job by Frank, it was obvious it was a transition season for any seasoned fan. To look beyond the scoreline is the intelligent thing to do, and there were plenty of positives, but mainly the loans... and negatives, if i criticise anyone person it would be unfair, if i can see it Frank can, and i believe he will change it if he can THIS season, but we may have to be patient, rome wasnt built in a day.

We will meet very few teams as good as weeds this season fortunately, so plaes dont judge on this game !

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nfb said:

I hate to say it as a 40 year weeds hater, but they look like the league winners already, if we had played like they did today we would be buzzing, they passed us off the park and were better all over the park....

But, we know that this is a rebuilding job by Frank, it was obvious it was a transition season for any seasoned fan. To look beyond the scoreline is the intelligent thing to do, and there were plenty of positives, but mainly the loans... and negatives, if i criticise anyone person it would be unfair, if i can see it Frank can, and i believe he will change it if he can THIS season, but we may have to be patient, rome wasnt built in a day.

We will meet very few teams as good as weeds this season fortunately, so plaes dont judge on this game !

Yet we still had good chances. They look good but it’s the start of the season, wait until other teams are as ‘match fit’ as them. Then we’ll see.

1 minute ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Leeds were very good, but our defence and midfield were pathetic regardless of the opposition we need to be set up in a much more organised manner and I hope Keogh never plays for us again.

Pathetic. 

First half they constantly had a spare man down the sides as they constantly had a 3v2. This meant that either they did us down the wings or a player went wide to help out, leaving either Saiz to do damage or Phillips to pick passes. It need changing after ten minutes.

Fine, fair enough, that was just Leeds’ system outdoing ours, Bielsa outthinking Lampard. 

On the ball though, real issues. We NEED pivots, George, Huddlestone or Evans HAVE to start, Bryson and Mount HAVE to play just in front the space between CB and FB and Waghorn HAS to be a focal point. Otherwise it just won’t work.

The wingers drifting inside and acting as both the forward pass and the hold-up man worked in pre-season but it clearly doesn’t work in competitive football. Too easy to be outfought.

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

Pathetic. 

We were equally poo against Reading but they are relegation candidates so we managed to scrape a win, I think we ll be ok and finish around 8th but there is no denying our performance was a shambles so I don't know why you think what I said was pathetic, am I not allowed to express a realistic opinion or do I have to pretend everything was bright and rosy?

1 minute ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

We were equally poo against Reading but they are relegation candidates so we managed to scrape a win, I think we ll be ok and finish around 8th but there is no denying our performance was a shambles so I don't know why you think what I said was pathetic, am I not allowed to express a realistic opinion or do I have to pretend everything was bright and rosy?

Blaming Keogh is tedious.

3 minutes ago, cannable said:

First half they constantly had a spare man down the sides as they constantly had a 3v2. This meant that either they did us down the wings or a player went wide to help out, leaving either Saiz to do damage or Phillips to pick passes. It need changing after ten minutes.

Fine, fair enough, that was just Leeds’ system outdoing ours, Bielsa outthinking Lampard. 

On the ball though, real issues. We NEED pivots, George, Huddlestone or Evans HAVE to start, Bryson and Mount HAVE to play just in front the space between CB and FB and Waghorn HAS to be a focal point. Otherwise it just won’t work.

The wingers drifting inside and acting as both the forward pass and the hold-up man worked in pre-season but it clearly doesn’t work in competitive football. Too easy to be outfought.

What the hell as gt done in the last 2 years to deserve a start?  

8 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Leeds were very good, but our defence and midfield were pathetic regardless of the opposition we need to be set up in a much more organised manner and I hope Keogh never plays for us again.

Keogh wasn't good ....but either was the rest of the defence... I personally thought man for man Leeds were better today.

I hate Leeds like you wouldn't believe but the last time we played a team that good was wolves last year.

3 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

You cant criticize Keogh, i found that out last week...

7 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

Hope you don’t goto games, you entitled to your opinion but to single out one player is as previously called out pathetic. 

Just now, AdamRam said:

Hope you don’t goto games, you entitled to your opinion but to single out one player is as previously called out pathetic. 

He has been like a league 2 player in the last 2 games, I think I have the right to single him out when he is the biggest liability in the team effort and passion doesn't count for anything as a centre back who panics and makes loads of mistakes.

The two key issues that did for us today:

1 Bielsa > Lampard - we got done on the tactics, pure and simple. Frank will learn, today was a brutal expose of tactical inexperience

2 Lowe - inexperience again - couldn't cope, which led to Ledley constantly being dragged out of position, which in turn left the heart of the defence exposed and outgunned.

Its a bitter pill to swallow, but we just got nailed by a (much) better side, playing to a (much) better game plan.

I'd be surprised if Lowe starts ahead of Malone in the next league game, and I'll be surprised if we start with the same midfield three too.

2 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

He has been like a league 2 player in the last 2 games, I think I have the right to single him out when he is the biggest liability in the team effort and passion doesn't count for anything as a centre back who panics and makes loads of mistakes.

Mount and Waghorn not showing for the ball twice all game between them is more of an issue than any mistake. Bryson having to drop deep because Ledley can’t handle the ball is worse than any mistake. 

You start calling out issues for individual mistakes when the rest of the team functions. We didn’t function, Keogh is far down the list of concerns. Most of the time he was in trouble is because he had nobody to pass forward to. It’s an indictment on the system and not Keogh that most of his successful forward passes were long rather than short or between the lines.

4 minutes ago, WAGHORNY RAM99 said:

I tried to warn u... Here's a spade, keep digging..

Derby weren’t great today but Leeds were outstanding. Arguably better than wolves when they beat us at the start of last season. Take it in the chin, analyse the performance and move on.

Issues

Lowe isn’t ready - Malone should solve this issue

defensive midfield - Ledley poor, Johnson not much better. Evans? Tom?

We need more time to get used to each other and certain players need to get match fit 

Positives

Tomori looks talented

Jozefzoon offered a good option off the bench

We are creating chances 

Who cares if Leeds are good? We should judge ourselves exactly on this kind of opposition, who cares if you look good beating some dross at the other end of the table? If we want to compete at the top end, we have to be more competitive than we were today. 

Archived