Please dont judge on this leeds performance

nfb

Yesterday compounded all of my worst fears. 

Wasnt thrilled about the appointment of Lampard and still very unsure. Thought he did a good job in revitalising the squad, it was a revamp that should have been done last season.

Tactically though we look extremely poor, got away with it against reading but certainly got what we deserved yesterday. The rotational midfield has got to stop, please I beg you Frank, let a CDM do their job, hold the fort move the ball on, simple. If not we’re going to smashed week in week out.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Curtains ....i hate to tell you this but Leeds stuffed Rowetts stoke last week even with their £36m of new signings; their tactical genius; and a penalty gift from the ref. 

As a Derby fan you shouldn’t let actual facts get in the way of emotion/drunken ramblings/fishing for likes

1 minute ago, Newleaf said:

I know away from home.

Mate I’m not getting into the Rowett vs Lampard debate as it pointless 

I just think we were all over the place yesterday but time will tell how good Lampard is .

The fans are on the Lampard bandwagon as is MM but where are the academy players going to get a chance from in the first team now after 9 signings right or wrong !

This comment is rather hypocritical, given that you were the one all of last season saying that the academy players weren't good enough for Rowett's Derby! 

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

This comment is rather hypocritical, given that you were the one all of last season saying that the academy players weren't good enough for Rowett's Derby! 

Correct as Lowe proved yesterday. 

I’m on about the hypocrisy 

Its early days I agree. 

Onwards and upwards. 

Up the Rams. 

12 minutes ago, Pearson said:

There is an element of support thst believe we can just turn each week and play sweet, open and expansive football. Dillusional.

No credence given to the quality and abilty of the players at our disposal. 

Lampard has introduced nine players into a side that was tantalisingly close in reaching our goal.

We currently look a shambles.

My initial instinct, observation and experiance lead me to conclude that Lampard does not have the abilty or capability to be a susseful manager.

Sorry 

So it's "Lampard out" already is it? How can you possible come to the conclusion that Frank doesn't have the ability or capability to be a successful manager after only two competitive games? 

19 minutes ago, MikeS said:

I would worry if Waghorn is to be the focal point, based on what I saw yesterday and have seen in previous seasons. Still puzzled by the signing with what else we have on the staff. I support the rest of the sensible comments 

Oh absolutely. I’m fully expecting Martin to end up in the side at some stage. 

53 minutes ago, Pearson said:

Yep. There really are people out there who do not comprehend or understand the fundementals in formulating team structure, balance, motivation, developing a winning mentality, and the importance of man management and vision.

Yep, there are people out there who have already forgotton that we were one goal away from a Wmbley apperance and the posssbilty of Premiership football.

Reap what you sow and wish for.

You really do think the sun shines out of your own arse and that you’re some sort of footballing guru, don’t you mate?

You think Jackson Irvine’s better than Will Hughes. 

11 hours ago, Alpha said:

It's funny. 

Everyone knew we were going into the season as a work in progress. Lots of change. Now when we win, like at Reading, everyone is cool with that. Because they want to believe that we are on the home straight and even on a bad day we are still good.

But come off a defeat where we have been exposed for exactly what we are and what we have and look at the response!! 

Of course we aren't good enough. We have a rookie manager trying to change the philosophy and almost the entire playing staff and it's the second game of the season!!!

Seriously, is there so little respect for other teams or just a massive overrating of where we are at?

Bielsa is good coach and the team he inherited was more suited to the style he wants to go than what Lampard, a rookie, wants to do here.

People are pointing at Leeds saying they weren't world beaters last season. Newsflash! Neither were Derby. 

We are 2 games in. Lampard, as I said in another thread, will be naive. The team will be naive. Did you really expect Derby to transform into this super slick side under Lampard inside 2 games? Why? Because we loaned 3 top flight youngsters and bought Peterborough's top scorer. C'mon, the rest of the league hasn't stood still. We are in the same tight, grafting division as last year and there's no magic wand here.

Its alright sitting there saying you are prepared to see the team develop without expecting miracles but when you have to take your medicine then you can't actually stomach it. 

This is perfect Alpha. But it's just hard to swallow when the hammering comes against Leeds. Urghhhh. 

I thought Tomori looks a real prospect and Mount needs more intelligent runs made around him. I like him a lot getting on the front foot fast when in possession. Wilson ( I'm reliably informed) takes a few games to get going but then is fantastic. This whole team and Frank philosophy will take time to work out. Please be patient... 

Oh...and while we are trying to think positive then take a bow the slightly drunk lady who called into Talksport last night and said " give Frank a break, we will still be above the red dogs and Leeds and top of the Champions League by end of season"!! 

Oh how we laughed... 

1 hour ago, Pearson said:

Yep. There really are people out there who do not comprehend or understand the fundementals in formulating team structure, balance, motivation, developing a winning mentality, and the importance of man management and vision.

Yep, there are people out there who have already forgotton that we were one goal away from a Wmbley apperance and the posssbilty of Premiership football.

Reap what you sow and wish for.

I'd rather this than rowettball any day of the week....

Rowett nearly put me off attending  games at all...his philosophy was the antipathy of what I want football to be.

So if that means patience is required whilst Frank learns his trade then so be it.....the end result will be worth it if we never travel back to rowett and Pearson's ways...ever.

So, early season big idea from FL exposed as unworkable with championship players and the pace and toughness of competitive games totally ddifferent to friendlies.

So, its now on lampard to get it sorted out. Will he stick to his idea and get the team good enough at it to hold its own, or be more pragmatic?

We started pretty rubbish under rowett last season as the team learned to play rowettball.

We've ggot plenty of good enough players, so now is the time lampards talents at this are going to start to show.

21 hours ago, nfb said:

I hate to say it as a 40 year weeds hater, but they look like the league winners already, if we had played like they did today we would be buzzing, they passed us off the park and were better all over the park....

But, we know that this is a rebuilding job by Frank, it was obvious it was a transition season for any seasoned fan. To look beyond the scoreline is the intelligent thing to do, and there were plenty of positives, but mainly the loans... and negatives, if i criticise anyone person it would be unfair, if i can see it Frank can, and i believe he will change it if he can THIS season, but we may have to be patient, rome wasnt built in a day.

We will meet very few teams as good as weeds this season fortunately, so plaes dont judge on this game !

Sorry can not agree with your comment that Leeds look the league winners. Wind the clock back to last season when Leeds won 5 of their first 7 matches, topped the table with a plus 12 goal difference then ran out of steam. There is 44 games to go, if they can play like that in every match, they would win the league. But no team can keep up that high intense, pressing attacking football all season.

Leeds were effective, no doubt. I suspect, however, that this had more to do with the fact that their squad has changed little since last season than their actual quality. Their new manager has had all summer and pre season to relentlessly hammer home his tactics and game plan into them. They were well drilled, knew their roles and had displayed a great level of anticipation one to another. 

Not saying they won't be there or there abouts come the end of the season but to my mind they are a long way short of Wolves and Fulham of last season or say the Leicester side that went up with Burnley.

We looked like a side still getting used to each other and adapting to a new coaching staff and their game plan. Clearly the performance was pretty poor but I believe we'll come good after another five or six games...

6 hours ago, Pearson said:

There is an element of support thst believe we can just turn each week and play sweet, open and expansive football. Dillusional.

No credence given to the quality and abilty of the players at our disposal. 

Lampard has introduced nine players into a side that was tantalisingly close in reaching our goal.

We currently look a shambles.

My initial instinct, observation and experiance lead me to conclude that Lampard does not have the abilty or capability to be a susseful manager.

Sorry 

A couple of points. You applaud us for going 1 goal away from Wembley. 

Ok, in that case we were 1 goal away from the PL in 2014. Playing what kind of football.

The team we lost to yesterday have played what style in their opening 2 games? And who did they beat in the first game? 

You assume you know what other people think. Do you think people are thick?

On 11/08/2018 at 19:35, nfb said:

I hate to say it as a 40 year weeds hater, but they look like the league winners already, if we had played like they did today we would be buzzing, they passed us off the park and were better all over the park....

But, we know that this is a rebuilding job by Frank, it was obvious it was a transition season for any seasoned fan. To look beyond the scoreline is the intelligent thing to do, and there were plenty of positives, but mainly the loans... and negatives, if i criticise anyone person it would be unfair, if i can see it Frank can, and i believe he will change it if he can THIS season, but we may have to be patient, rome wasnt built in a day.

We will meet very few teams as good as weeds this season fortunately, so plaes dont judge on this game !

Fair enough, but we played pretty rubbish for the majority of the Reading game. They look like relegation certs already...

12 hours ago, europia said:

Fair enough, but we played pretty rubbish for the majority of the Reading game. They look like relegation certs already...

Agreed, Reading do look like they are relegation certs ?

Archived