Please dont judge on this leeds performance

nfb

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Alpha said:

It's funny. 

Everyone knew we were going into the season as a work in progress. Lots of change. Now when we win, like at Reading, everyone is cool with that. Because they want to believe that we are on the home straight and even on a bad day we are still good.

But come off a defeat where we have been exposed for exactly what we are and what we have and look at the response!! 

Of course we aren't good enough. We have a rookie manager trying to change the philosophy and almost the entire playing staff and it's the second game of the season!!!

Seriously, is there so little respect for other teams or just a massive overrating of where we are at?

Bielsa is good coach and the team he inherited was more suited to the style he wants to go than what Lampard, a rookie, wants to do here.

People are pointing at Leeds saying they weren't world beaters last season. Newsflash! Neither were Derby. 

We are 2 games in. Lampard, as I said in another thread, will be naive. The team will be naive. Did you really expect Derby to transform into this super slick side under Lampard inside 2 games? Why? Because we loaned 3 top flight youngsters and bought Peterborough's top scorer. C'mon, the rest of the league hasn't stood still. We are in the same tight, grafting division as last year and there's no magic wand here.

Its alright sitting there saying you are prepared to see the team develop without expecting miracles but when you have to take your medicine then you can't actually stomach it. 

Dear lord, don't speak sense @Alpha

Lets be honest the back five (Ledley not Carson) were poor. I felt that Lowe and Wisdom were exposed by the lack of tracking back from Lawrence and Wilson, Keogh was poor and we massively missed Davis. 

I know people like to make Keogh the scapegoat and the amount of praise for Tomori has baffled me slightly, I don't think he was the worst player today, but he was at fault for the second goal, and made a poor mistake before making the block after Carson's fantastic save in the second half, yet no one seems to mention that.

By all means people can berate players, but lets be fair. 

Leeds were excellent, like has been said, they remind me of Wolves last year and they may very well romp the league this year, 

Give it time, we are a work in progress, the reaction from some our our fans is ridiculous. As for @Bris Vegas wanting five more new players, as @HariboWest said. Give your head a wobble. 

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

It's funny. 

Everyone knew we were going into the season as a work in progress. Lots of change. Now when we win, like at Reading, everyone is cool with that. Because they want to believe that we are on the home straight and even on a bad day we are still good.

But come off a defeat where we have been exposed for exactly what we are and what we have and look at the response!! 

Of course we aren't good enough. We have a rookie manager trying to change the philosophy and almost the entire playing staff and it's the second game of the season!!!

Seriously, is there so little respect for other teams or just a massive overrating of where we are at?

Bielsa is good coach and the team he inherited was more suited to the style he wants to go than what Lampard, a rookie, wants to do here.

People are pointing at Leeds saying they weren't world beaters last season. Newsflash! Neither were Derby. 

We are 2 games in. Lampard, as I said in another thread, will be naive. The team will be naive. Did you really expect Derby to transform into this super slick side under Lampard inside 2 games? Why? Because we loaned 3 top flight youngsters and bought Peterborough's top scorer. C'mon, the rest of the league hasn't stood still. We are in the same tight, grafting division as last year and there's no magic wand here.

Its alright sitting there saying you are prepared to see the team develop without expecting miracles but when you have to take your medicine then you can't actually stomach it. 

Nailed it, as you sometimes do.

Doesn't make heavy defeats easier to take, but we do need to take a minute, deep breath, understand that this team is a work in progress. 

I know we hear that every season but this isn't just a change of style, we have 9 new players at the club, 2 of which  in the team yesterday have been here less than a week, and a manger that is now 2 competitive games into his career.

Mistakes, naivety, will happen throughout the season and that's something we will have to understand, be a little patient with.

Leeds were irritatingly good yesterday, whilst they are also under a transformation with Bielsa, only one new face was in the starting 11 yesterday. Bielsa was appointed a full month and started pre season training 2 weeks before we made our first signings with Mount and Wilson.

Not excuses, facts. 

Our signings have come in late, probably later than anyone at the club would have liked, but that just means we have to work harder now to get things rolling. End of the season is in May not August. 

Full strength team needed Tuesday, get minutes into the team that Frank wants to put out in the league. 

5 minutes ago, David said:

Full strength team needed Tuesday, get minutes into the team that Frank wants to put out in the league. 

Agreed, doubt it will happen tho, unfortunately. 

17 minutes ago, David said:

Doesn't make heavy defeats easier to take, but we do need to take a minute, deep breath, understand that this team is a work in progress. 

I know we hear that every season but this isn't just a change of style, we have 9 new players at the club, 2 of which  in the team yesterday have been here less than a week, and a manger that is now 2 competitive games into his career.

Mistakes, naivety, will happen throughout the season and that's something we will have to understand, be a little patient with.

Leeds were irritatingly good yesterday, whilst they are also under a transformation with Bielsa, they only one new face was in the starting 11 yesterday. Bielsa was appointed a full month and started pre season training 2 weeks before we made our first signings with Mount and Wilson.

Not excuses, facts. 

Our signings have come in late, probably later than anyone at the club would have liked, but that just means we have to work harder now to get things rolling. End of the season is in May not August. 

I think also since Garry Monk, or maybe even before, haven't Leeds been trying to play and recruit the sort of players that are more suited to where they are now?

10 hours ago, HariboWest said:

Imagine writing off Waghorn after one game, you absolute weapon. He joined about four days ago. Give him a break and then give your head a wobble. It’s not that deep. They’re a good side. We got beat. We will lose games this season, it’s how we come back that matters. 

All the best for the rest of the year. Hopefully you learn some patience and rationality. 

"...you absolute weapon." "...give your head a wobble."

Lolz. Top bantz. Good night at Revs last night with your 'squad', your Kieran Trippier haircut and sleeve tattoo?

He's not writing Waghorn off, he's just saying that he's not a player who plays up front on his own very well.

13 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

People didn’t want Rowett shithouse football. 

Yep. There really are people out there who do not comprehend or understand the fundementals in formulating team structure, balance, motivation, developing a winning mentality, and the importance of man management and vision.

Yep, there are people out there who have already forgotton that we were one goal away from a Wmbley apperance and the posssbilty of Premiership football.

Reap what you sow and wish for.

Just now, Pearson said:

Yep. There really are people out there who do not comprehend or understand the fundementals in formulating team structure, balance, motivation, developing a winning mentality, and the importance of man management and vision.

Yep, there are people out there who have already forgotton that we were one goal away from a Wmbley apperance and the posssbilty of Premiership football.

Reap what you sow and wish for.

They won’t see it mate they hate Rowett 

13 hours ago, cannable said:

Leeds emphasised problems that were evident against Reading.

Yes exactly. The set up isn’t right. I asked FL a question at the Fans’ Forum as to what he’d learned from Reading and how he’d ensure it didn’t happen against Leeds and he said the side has a lot of character and that was it. Leeds were very good yesterday and I actually think it’s a blessing we played them now...we need a proper midfield I’m afraid Ledley is not right for us now. We’ve got Hudd to come back but perhaps youth and energy is the key. They will take a while to click so we need to be patient. 

Being a rams fan, I shouldn't be surprised that the boo-boys have come out after two games, yet here I am. Gobsmacked.

The issues are clear and Frank and Jody will see that. The performance against Reading wasn't great but we still walked away with 3 points and we could have played a flawless game and still lost to Leeds, they really were that good.

At the end of the day,we're bringing in a new entertaining system with, primarily, youth. This will take time and I still feel very good about what the management team are trying to bring to the club and, even where we do lose, at least we are entertaining in doing it unlike last season.

10 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

They won’t see it mate they hate Rowett 

There is an element of support thst believe we can just turn each week and play sweet, open and expansive football. Dillusional.

No credence given to the quality and abilty of the players at our disposal. 

Lampard has introduced nine players into a side that was tantalisingly close in reaching our goal.

We currently look a shambles.

My initial instinct, observation and experiance lead me to conclude that Lampard does not have the abilty or capability to be a susseful manager.

Sorry 

15 hours ago, cannable said:

First half they constantly had a spare man down the sides as they constantly had a 3v2. This meant that either they did us down the wings or a player went wide to help out, leaving either Saiz to do damage or Phillips to pick passes. It need changing after ten minutes.

Fine, fair enough, that was just Leeds’ system outdoing ours, Bielsa outthinking Lampard. 

On the ball though, real issues. We NEED pivots, George, Huddlestone or Evans HAVE to start, Bryson and Mount HAVE to play just in front the space between CB and FB and Waghorn HAS to be a focal point. Otherwise it just won’t work.

The wingers drifting inside and acting as both the forward pass and the hold-up man worked in pre-season but it clearly doesn’t work in competitive football. Too easy to be outfought.

I would worry if Waghorn is to be the focal point, based on what I saw yesterday and have seen in previous seasons. Still puzzled by the signing with what else we have on the staff. I support the rest of the sensible comments 

Well even the players have said they didn’t deliver the game plan yesterday so is it the tactics that FL wanted to enact or the players?

the only error on Franks part was playing Ledley again in a rotational midfield. If it happens again I will start to worry. If you play Ledley he needs to sit in front of the back 4 and protect them. If the midfield is to rotate, someone else needs to take his place, or drill the other 2 that 1 needs to drop in and cover and the fullbacks need better discipline. 

If alk 3 midfielders are ahead of the ball, and so are the fullbacks we are in trouble, like what happened yesterday.

10 minutes ago, Pearson said:

There is an element of support thst believe we can just turn each week and play sweet, open and expansive football. Dillusional.

No credence given to the quality and abilty of the players at our disposal. 

Lampard has introduced nine players into a side that was tantalisingly close in reaching our goal.

We currently look a shambles.

My initial instinct, observation and experiance lead me to conclude that Lampard does not have the abilty or capability to be a susseful manager.

Sorry 

I agree but we will see. 

Best go now  as it’s hard being a Rowett fan after what’s happened.

Derby County is my love really but I’m finding it difficult at the moment. 

3 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

I agree but we will see. 

Best go now  as it’s hard being a Rowett fan after what’s happened.

Derby County is my love really but I’m finding it difficult at the moment. 

Curtains ....i hate to tell you this but Leeds stuffed Rowetts stoke last week even with their £36m of new signings; their tactical genius; and a penalty gift from the ref. 

Just now, RamNut said:

Curtains ....i hate to tell you this but Leeds stuffed Rowetts stoke last week even with their £36m of new signings; their tactical genius; and a penalty gift from the ref. 

I know away from home.

Mate I’m not getting into the Rowett vs Lampard debate as it pointless 

I just think we were all over the place yesterday but time will tell how good Lampard is .

The fans are on the Lampard bandwagon as is MM but where are the academy players going to get a chance from in the first team now after 9 signings right or wrong !

Archived