Our support....

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can be summed up in one word - EMBARRASSING. 

Ground was empty 10mims before time. 

The rams always showed effort... the fans were pathetic. 

I thought the fans stuck with them to be honest especially when the back four played like they’ve never met each other before.

Wasn’t at the game but it seemed like the fans didn’t get on the players’ backs as much as they have done in the past. Think that in previous seasons there would have been a lot of booing and all sorts of abuse at players. It’s not something I could ever personally do but I suppose a lot left early out of frustration. Didn’t think the support was awful. Think most realise this team needs time.

23 minutes ago, SIWY said:

Wasn’t at the game but it seemed like the fans didn’t get on the players’ backs as much as they have done in the past. Think that in previous seasons there would have been a lot of booing and all sorts of abuse at players. It’s not something I could ever personally do but I suppose a lot left early out of frustration. Didn’t think the support was awful. Think most realise this team needs time.

There wasn't any anger towards the players or Frank obviously....just a sense of disappointment I thought.

The most influential factor was Leeds being first to the ball for virtually the entire match. It made was look like we couldn't be bothered. That isn't the case, and most put a lot of effort in, but it was effort in the wrong areas. What happened to the high-pressing, in-your-faces attitude which was so fruitful in the Southampton and Wolves matches? Several times under previous managers we have tried this approach and prove it to be successful, only to put it back on the shelf for the next match (and even during the same match on occasions). I was really excited pres-season because I thought that it was part of the package which Frank and Jody had brought with them, but it seems we left it in the luggage hold of the team coach on the way to Reading, because we didn't see sight nor sound of it at the Madjeski Stadium, and it certainly wasn't seen today, I thought the lacklustre, can't-be-arsed attitude had been consigned to the rubbish bin, but it was there for all to see, hence Leeds being first to virtually every ball today.

PistoldPete2
3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can be summed up in one word - EMBARRASSING. 

Ground was empty 10mims before time. 

The rams always showed effort... the fans were pathetic. 

Still plenty there at 94 minutes, queuing for ages to get out. 

Hope everyone in the SWU that went when they scored their 4th can’t get a ticket for the playoffs    I won’t apologise for saying something like it at the time ..

Archived