Our support....

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

Hope everyone in the SWU that went when they scored their 4th can’t get a ticket for the playoffs    I won’t apologise for saying something like it at the time ..

Why? What impact did them leaving have on you? 

I stayed until the end, maybe because I had to wait until the bus, so no point leaving, but really, is life so bad that you begrudge people leaving a game early ?   

26 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

The most influential factor was Leeds being first to the ball for virtually the entire match. It made was look like we couldn't be bothered. That isn't the case, and most put a lot of effort in, but it was effort in the wrong areas. What happened to the high-pressing, in-your-faces attitude which was so fruitful in the Southampton and Wolves matches? Several times under previous managers we have tried this approach and prove it to be successful, only to put it back on the shelf for the next match (and even during the same match on occasions). I was really excited pres-season because I thought that it was part of the package which Frank and Jody had brought with them, but it seems we left it in the luggage hold of the team coach on the way to Reading, because we didn't see sight nor sound of it at the Madjeski Stadium, and it certainly wasn't seen today, I thought the lacklustre, can't-be-arsed attitude had been consigned to the rubbish bin, but it was there for all to see, hence Leeds being first to virtually every ball today.

I know what you mean there...

I thought that is exactly what we were going to see....virtually a mac1 type scenario...shipping a few goals in but making up for it with plenty of our own.

It certainly looked to be that way pre season...but has disappeared in the league games....at the moment it's neither Mac or shithouse...I can't see what it is at the moment.

I've got faith that lamps will sort it out tho and this is just a blip on the way to our flowing football nirvana.

1 minute ago, AdamRam said:

Why? What impact did them leaving have on you? 

I stayed until the end, maybe because I had to wait until the bus, so no point leaving, but really, is life so bad that you begrudge people leaving a game early ?   

Just a bit ? mate. Support the club. 

3 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can be summed up in one word - EMBARRASSING. 

Ground was empty 10mims before time. 

The rams always showed effort... the fans were pathetic. 

What a sweeping statement (load of balls ). I left 20 minutes before the end . Only the second time I have in 38 years. I left because  the play was pathetic bar 5 minutes in the first half and 10 in the second .

1 hour ago, enachops said:

I have to say I thought the gate was quite poor today. 27,000 against Leeds after all this optimism was a bit disappointing. 

As a few pointed out, still summer holidays and live on tv. 

Still, it was a lower crowd than expected. 

From a personal point of view, I ditched my season ticket after Rowattball and was going to pay on the gate today. My seat from last season was going to cost me £37 and I couldnt get to Derby via train. 

My other choice was £7.99 on now tv.

I guess a lot of others had the same issue. 

3 minutes ago, AdamRam said:

Fair enough, however aren’t they supporting more than the ones that don’t go, even if they leave early? 

Not really. 

I personally don’t leave early - try and teach my 10 year old son perseverance!!!

And games can swing from one team to the other...regarding who’s on top...so you never know what’s going to happen - that’s the joy of football 

regarding those that leave - let them walk and hope the game delivers something to keep them in their seats in future matches!!!

6 minutes ago, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

If it was 4-1 before they left, what were people expecting to happen if they'd stayed?

Nothing really but we were on telly all the build up all the excitement all the expectation and  a bit of a bad result and they’re walking.  Ffs.  Seriously   It’s the second game. Leeds did this last season.  They ended up 10th.  People need to chill. 

2 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

Nothing really but we were on telly all the build up all the excitement all the expectation and  a bit of a bad result and they’re walking.  Ffs.  Seriously   It’s the second game. Leeds did this last season.  They ended up 10th.  People need to chill. 

I think it would have happened at any other club in the country. I've never left early, just can't grasp why it's a big issue if others choose to.

Just now, ViewsFromTheMiddle said:

I think it would have happened at any other club in the country. I've never left early, just can't grasp why it's a big issue if others choose to.

Not bothered about any other club. Our “fans” left. Left the match that they had paid to watch   And support. 

I left bang on the final whistle, didn't want to see the dirties come over to the corner applauding their fans. One thing i noticed,  no booing from our fans, no clapping either,  but that's by the by.

Work in progress.

Losing 4-1 at home is a bit gutting

When it became clear as their 3rd went in that there was no way back I can understand people not feeling like applauding the team and watching/hearing Leeds celebrate. 

I think people should stay to applaud a good performance and certainly don't understand leaving when the game is close. 

But today I don't see the big deal. It was a day for Leeds to enjoy. 

8 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

Not bothered about any other club. Our “fans” left. Left the match that they had paid to watch   And support. 

I've been all over the country watching this team for a long time.  Some of the football has been good and  some poo . Same with the players .  Sometimes people stay to the end - sometimes they don't .  As you posted they have ' PAID ' to watch .  It's entertainment same as anything else .  If you go to the pictures and a film is crap would you stop to the end regardless .  If you PAY you have the option to stay or go .  Because I elected to leave early today I Still turn up to support the  team.  I still got the bus into Derby. I still walked 20 minutes to the ground .  I still cheered the team till it was 4-1 and then walked back into Derby , had an hours journey back on the bus and got pretty wet doing it .  I Wouldn't criticise someone for staying to the end of this game .  Leaving a foregone conclusion with 20 minutes to go and avoiding spending 40 minutes in Derby waiting for a later bus does not make me a poor supporter . Do you know what I've been to Plymouth in the middle of winter getting up at 4 in the morning to do it , Sunderland twice watching us lose in injury time both times and Newcastle when were averaging about 2 points every 8 games amongst others . Maybe i'm a better fan than you ....

If people want to leave early wtf has it got to do with anybody else ! 

No support in the world today would have improved things on the pitch !

the main point is people paid money to be there in the first place to support their club, if they want to leave then leave, if you want to stay until the end then stay.

seriously it has no effect on the players what so ever !

they went 1-4 down in front of 28,000 how much worse could it be in front of 23,000 ?

grow up !

16 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I've been all over the country watching this team for a long time.  Some of the football has been good and  some poo . Same with the players .  Sometimes people stay to the end - sometimes they don't .  As you posted they have ' PAID ' to watch .  It's entertainment same as anything else .  If you go to the pictures and a film is crap would you stop to the end regardless .  If you PAY you have the option to stay or go .  Because I elected to leave early today I Still turn up to support the  team.  I still got the bus into Derby. I still walked 20 minutes to the ground .  I still cheered the team till it was 4-1 and then walked back into Derby , had an hours journey back on the bus and got pretty wet doing it .  I Wouldn't criticise someone for staying to the end of this game .  Leaving a foregone conclusion with 20 minutes to go and avoiding spending 40 minutes in Derby waiting for a later bus does not make me a poor supporter . Do you know what I've been to Plymouth in the middle of winter getting up at 4 in the morning to do it , Sunderland twice watching us lose in injury time both times and Newcastle when were averaging about 2 points every 8 games amongst others . Maybe i'm a better fan than you ....

Jesus - seriously. I just want some fans to support the team.  I’m not going to top trump you on how big a fan you are. Don’t want your ducking life story. Mine is probably up there. Two games in with a new manager.  Ffs. We gave Gary more than this. Don’t be sucked in by the media.  

1 hour ago, MrsRam said:

It seriously has nothing to do with you what people do. You're the one with the issue here, fans can leave earlier if they want, doesn't make them any less of a fan. Get a life.

5 hours ago, McLovin said:

I suspect that you’ve made this to get easy likes but the fans weren’t to blame, they were much better than usual. If you want to blame anything, blame our defence.

No. Its just so no. Nothing protecting them. You are so wrong. 

Archived