Our support....

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Very little support from the fans when the players needed it most

I know what you’re saying, or trying to say. This project will take time, and it’s all well and good people saying they know and will support FL and the team, but that means even after being outplayed by a much better team.

People leave with 10 mins to go when we’re 2-0 up and cruising, when it’s 0-0 and tense, or the game is lost. As others have said, I suppose it’s better than booing

How can you blame the ducking fans for our players not turning up? For the size of Derby, we get ducking huge attendances and people want to be entertained and to enjoy it, our players didn't turn up. We're no different to any other fans in the fact that we will obviously be louder when it's going well. It's absolutely pathetic to blame the supporters for the players being poo.

4 minutes ago, Andicis said:

How can you blame the ducking fans for our players not turning up? For the size of Derby, we get ducking huge attendances and people want to be entertained and to enjoy it, our players didn't turn up. We're no different to any other fans in the fact that we will obviously be louder when it's going well. It's absolutely pathetic to blame the supporters for the players being poo.

Like I said; when the players needed us we weren’t there

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

Like I said; when the players needed us we weren’t there

When we needed the players, they weren't there either. Fans react to players. If the players are poo, so will the fans be. You're a joke if you think the supporters are to blame.

35 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can be summed up in one word - EMBARRASSING. 

Ground was empty 10mims before time. 

The rams always showed effort... the fans were pathetic. 

That's balls.

These majority of us stayed throughout and like many I stayed to clap the players off despite the result.

I can't blame some leaving with ten to go when we were 4-1 down and clearly had no hope of scoring again....it's a Saturday night and people have family's to get back to.

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:

When we needed the players, they weren't there either. Fans react to players. If the players are poo, so will the fans be. You're a joke if you think the supporters are to blame.

And players react to fans. 

Its niaive of everyone to expect instant results. We’re experiencing a drastic change of style from last season, with a massive overhaul of playing staff. This will take time, and the players need us to stick by them when things aren’t quite so rosy. 

10 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

And players react to fans. 

Its niaive of everyone to expect instant results. We’re experiencing a drastic change of style from last season, with a massive overhaul of playing staff. This will take time, and the players need us to stick by them when things aren’t quite so rosy. 

We did put the effort in. After the 1st goal goes in we were singing before the ball was even at the centre spot. We were behind the team until we went 4-1 down. We tried to lift the players, but sometimes we need something from the players to kick start us back up, whether that's a thunderous tackle, a piece of skill, a nice pass, a good effort at goal, whatever, but we didn't really have anything to bounce off 2nd half. That's not a criticism of the team, it was a difficult match and one that will go down as a lesson learned (as long as we learn from it) and we need to move on to the next game. 

I watched all of the match and I think it's an exaggeration to say that the players didn't turn up. I can see potential in the side and have every faith that Lampard will be able to bring out the best in these players. What puzzles me is the word supporters. I always thought the word meant to encourage, help and generally behave in a caring manner. However it seems that some fans turn on the manager and players at the slightest thing. Reading some of these posts I wonder if I was watching the same match. Yes we lost 4-1 but the football was entertaining and so much better than last season. I didn't fall asleep!

Archived