Our support....

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, enachops said:

I have to say I thought the gate was quite poor today. 27,000 against Leeds after all this optimism was a bit disappointing. 

Main holiday weeks ,no trains and at least two routes front the west with road works .I went but it wasn't easy getting there .

32 minutes ago, New Gold Dream said:

I left 5 minutes early to go and watch the T20 Derbyshire v Leicestershire match. Unfortunately, I only watched 2 overs before the match he rain started and the game was called off.

Does that make me a disloyal supporter? I care passionately about both my local football and cricket clubs and I have a season ticket at both. The idiots at Sky decided to schedule both matches on the same day and around the same time. Most loyal supporters will support the club through good times and bad and the decision to leave early is a personal choice if you are not happy about a performance or just need to leave early for transport reasons.

It is not a sign of disloyalty. Switching your support to another football club because they are a better team is.

It does mean that you won’t get your “I stayed until the end” badge being issued by some supporters.

Having been to Reading and staying to the end yesterday (only because I had no option), I’m awaiting my badge to arrive in the post, your more than welcome to have mine if you wish.

15 minutes ago, Newleaf said:

We were all over the place 

Wilson was hopeless  I’d rather have Thomas  

He didn't play very well but the over reaction is incredible. I've read 9 out of the 11 players getting slagged off. 

Leeds were exceptional, and we have some young players who are learning the game.

wish everyone would just grow up a bit tbh.

12 minutes ago, RamNut said:

He didn't play very well but the over reaction is incredible. I've read 9 out of the 11 players getting slagged off. 

Leeds were exceptional, and we have some young players who are learning the game.

wish everyone would just grow up a bit tbh.

I suppose I’m biased i couldn’t care less now Rowett has gone to be honest. 

3 hours ago, angieram said:

You wouldn't have got so wet if you'd waited until the end as it stopped raining for a while after full time! 

I don't mind what time people leave but I sit near an aisle and I do get a bit pissed off when I can't see the game I paid money to watch because folks are clogging the stairs. 

I would because I would have been waiting for a bus for 40 minutes longer .  You get this at the start of the game , before half time , after half time and near the end .  Maybe we can stop people having a wee. Hopefully you won't get a mass exodus again but that depends on what the team shows on the pitch . 

Early leavers club advance planning for efficient exit 

1. Sit at or near the end of a row

2. Choose a suitable break in play

3.Take the lead of fellow early leavers and follow those departing your row

4. Descend stairs as quickly as safely possible not looking at the pitch and at a pace to discourage other early leavers from lower rows from entering the stairway in front of you 

5. If play restarts before your exit from the stand is complete In no circumstances start watching the game again from the final steps leading down to the concourse as this is likely to lead to verbal abuse from supporters in the first few rows 

6. If the game is on concourse television this is a major assist to members of the early leavers club as the last few minutes can be viewed adjacent to the exit gate before you give a final 'boo' or cheer depending on the result or your frame of mind. However even if this facility exists Members yesterday couldn't get away quickly enough and didn't even glance at the screens to see if the pitiful fare was still available to view

7. Once outside the stadium walk quickly with head down giving way to no one and if at all possible against the flow of pedestrian traffic when 'late' early leavers merge with 'prompt ' leavers - this situation is a nightmare secenario for club members negating the benefit of being an early leaver and meaning your own timing has been less than ideal

8. Remember you have PAID and the call is yours and yours alone

20 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Can be summed up in one word - EMBARRASSING. 

Ground was empty 10mims before time. 

The rams always showed effort... the fans were pathetic. 

I think quite a few left because they couldn't stand the Leeds fans goading and giving it the large one, as if they are going to win the League.

Tin hat time, I know, but I stayed till the end to applaud the Leeds team, because buried deep under the disgusting appearance of their dirty, cheating tactics they are a really good side. Its been that way since the days of Don Revie (pardon the language). All right, their tactics frightened Lawrence of of the game, but when you are capable of playing the opposition off the park, why is there a need to kick lumps out of them and cheat at every opportunity?

5 hours ago, plymouthram said:

I think quite a few left because they couldn't stand the Leeds fans goading and giving it the large one, as if they are going to win the League.

You could be right.. Never ever seen the South Stand so empty with 10 minutes to go.

On ‎11‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 22:06, Topram said:

Support is woeful, atmosphere always dies, southstand is nothing like what some make it out to be, we are the same away from home, they came today and never stopped singing

This needed saying & I don't buy the excuse that its up to the players to motivate the fans. Wrong way round.

Any casual fan can sing & jump up and down when their team are winning. The real test of support is getting behind your team when they need picking up. All too often, I heard loud groans when a move broke down or a pass was misplaced - who actually thinks that kind of thing helps? At most other times, it was silent apart from attempts to start the ultimate tinpot anthem 'Dale Cavese' - League Two stuff frankly.

Its also pretty telling how often away fans are coming to PP & drowning us out, not just yesterday. Leeds have a very effective way of stopping this - their South Stand start singing the same song from minute one for at least 15/20 mins (usually 'We all love Leeds') & it kills any away crowd momentum. It also lays a marker that its their home & they're up for the battle. Really not difficult to replicate this - doesn't need to be a complicated song/chant, just something tribal that the South Stand (in particular) can repeat ad nauseum. Something like the  'effing love Derby' tune that we occasionally sing would work great.

No doubting our numbers - we get respect from many neutrals for how many come to watch us at home but the atmosphere often isn't what it should be. Leeds is probably our second biggest home game in this division - to be as craven as we were yesterday was definitely the worse bit of the day.

5 minutes ago, LeedsCityRam said:

This needed saying & I don't buy the excuse that its up to the players to motivate the fans. Wrong way round.

Any casual fan can sing & jump up and down when their team are winning. The real test of support is getting behind your team when they need picking up. All too often, I heard loud groans when a move broke down or a pass was misplaced - who actually thinks that kind of thing helps? At most other times, it was silent apart from attempts to start the ultimate tinpot anthem 'Dale Cavese' - League Two stuff frankly.

Its also pretty telling how often away fans are coming to PP & drowning us out, not just yesterday. Leeds have a very effective way of stopping this - their South Stand start singing the same song from minute one for at least 15/20 mins (usually 'We all love Leeds') & it kills any away crowd momentum. It also lays a marker that its their home & they're up for the battle. Really not difficult to replicate this - doesn't need to be a complicated song/chant, just something tribal that the South Stand (in particular) can repeat ad nauseum. Something like the  'effing love Derby' tune that we occasionally sing would work great.

No doubting our numbers - we get respect from many neutrals for how many come to watch us at home but the atmosphere often isn't what it should be. Leeds is probably our second biggest home game in this division - to be as craven as we were yesterday was definitely the worse bit of the day.

Agree with this.

I'm all for the 12th Ram but just wondering if where they are is fragmenting the singing into two groups maybe starting different chants? This often happens at away games if we are spread across a wide area.

I don't know if this did occur yesterday because I couldn't really hear the South Stand at all yesterday. Leeds are LOUD but there were only 2,000 of them. 

The way the game unfolded didn't help so I hope it will improve over the next few games. I  think that all the fan initiatives are great but they need us all to back them and join in.

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Agree with this.

I'm all for the 12th Ram but just wondering if where they are is fragmenting the singing into two groups maybe starting different chants? This often happens at away games if we are spread across a wide area.

I don't know if this did occur yesterday because I couldn't really hear the South Stand at all yesterday. Leeds are LOUD but there were only 2,000 of them. 

The way the game unfolded didn't help so I hope it will improve over the next few games. I  think that all the fan initiatives are great but they need us all to back them and join in.

I don't remember any of this at the old place, it was also considered one of the best atmospheres around. yes, sometimes you can hear a pin drop at pride park but I think this is a consequence of modern stadia, there built for comfort not noise.  A very impressive ground was Bayern Munichs.  I went on some organised tour there and the roof of the stadium has so weird acoustic styrophome in it so when you sing or shout it carries  right round the stadium and amplifies.  Basically, if someone farts it echoes right round the roof and comes back at you like a jet engine .  Maybe we can fit some of this stuff .

@angieram Take your point but I actually quite like the idea of 2 groups singing - particularly if there's an element of competition. Seen it at various grounds (from West Ham all the way down to FC United) & it just adds to the home din. Of course the main aim is to silence the away fans so a 'co-ordinated strategy' for that would be ideal. As you rightly say though, there wasn't much coming from the South Stand at all yesterday & its not the first time I've seen them 'beaten' by a noisy set of away fans.

Of course yesterday's performance was depressing but didn't feel there was any defiance about us at all & against a team many of us profess to hate, I find that odd. We can't control what happens on the pitch but the stands are ours & any attempts to improve it must come from the fans (feel the club have tried to help as much as possible on this)

4 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

Like many, you overstate the potential contribution of the fans to the result of the game. We were comprehensively outplayed all around the pitch and the outcome was clear before the hour.

When we are involved in a competitive game the fans can make a difference, not when it is so one-sided.

Like many of our players, fans knew the game was up and choosing to leave early was inevitable.

Archived