Our support....

Ghost of Clough

2 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

Jesus - seriously. I just want some fans to support the team.  I’m not going to top trump you on how big a fan you are. Don’t want your ducking life story. Mine is probably up there. Two games in with a new manager.  Ffs. We gave Gary more than this. Don’t be sucked in by the media.  

I' m no bigger fan than anyone, I just go to games like they do . just making a point against your very generic post that fans who leave at 4-1 down aren't really fans . nothing to do with giving lampard more time or being sucked in by the media whatever that means . You certainly didn't get a life story, just a short story on how your not a poo fan if you leave on the rare occasion  . I can't really imagine anyone turning up today thinking we would be 4-1 down and leaving with 20 minutes to go .

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, MrsRam said:

just making a point against your very generic post that fans who leave at 4-1 down aren't really fans . 

?

Sho me?

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Losing 4-1 at home is a bit gutting

When it became clear as their 3rd went in that there was no way back I can understand people not feeling like applauding the team and watching/hearing Leeds celebrate. 

I think people should stay to applaud a good performance and certainly don't understand leaving when the game is close. 

But today I don't see the big deal. It was a day for Leeds to enjoy. 

nobody said anything about staying and applauding?

Just them that walked down the stairs like it meant something - It didn't  

Our “fans” left. Left the match that they had paid to watch   And support. 

just making a point against your very generic post that fans who leave at 4-1 down aren't really fans

You have indicated in you initial post by highlighting the word "fans" that you believe those who left a bit earlier are not fans,  hence my reply defending these fans .    Not sure why the question mark or the meaning of the phrase sho me .  Is it slang for clutching at straws.

13 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Our “fans” left. Left the match that they had paid to watch   And support. 

just making a point against your very generic post that fans who leave at 4-1 down aren't really fans

You have indicated in you initial post by highlighting the word "fans" that you believe those who left a bit earlier are not fans,  hence my reply defending these fans .    Not sure why the question mark or the meaning of the phrase sho me .  Is it slang for clutching at straws.

Hehe course I did - by putting ' and ' makes you think whatever you want.  And good for you for defending said fans.  

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

I've been all over the country watching this team for a long time.  Some of the football has been good and  some poo . Same with the players .  Sometimes people stay to the end - sometimes they don't .  As you posted they have ' PAID ' to watch .  It's entertainment same as anything else .  If you go to the pictures and a film is crap would you stop to the end regardless .  If you PAY you have the option to stay or go .  Because I elected to leave early today I Still turn up to support the  team.  I still got the bus into Derby. I still walked 20 minutes to the ground .  I still cheered the team till it was 4-1 and then walked back into Derby , had an hours journey back on the bus and got pretty wet doing it .  I Wouldn't criticise someone for staying to the end of this game .  Leaving a foregone conclusion with 20 minutes to go and avoiding spending 40 minutes in Derby waiting for a later bus does not make me a poor supporter . Do you know what I've been to Plymouth in the middle of winter getting up at 4 in the morning to do it , Sunderland twice watching us lose in injury time both times and Newcastle when were averaging about 2 points every 8 games amongst others . Maybe i'm a better fan than you ....

You wouldn't have got so wet if you'd waited until the end as it stopped raining for a while after full time! 

I don't mind what time people leave but I sit near an aisle and I do get a bit pissed off when I can't see the game I paid money to watch because folks are clogging the stairs. 

Why do people care what other fans do? We were 4-1 down and could barely put two passes together. Plus worked out beautifully for me only had to wait to mins after the final whistle to stroll down a congestion free stairway. O the perks of a heavy home defeat ?

12 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Christ this is so old hat - Derbys fans have been leaving games early ever since I can remember. Even when games are finely balanced - so what. We still won the League.

It’s just a bugbear of mine I think. I was as disappointed as everyone else at the performance. We all learned a big lesson yesterday.  It was our first home game of the season.  Patience. 

I left 5 minutes early to go and watch the T20 Derbyshire v Leicestershire match. Unfortunately, I only watched 2 overs before the match he rain started and the game was called off.

Does that make me a disloyal supporter? I care passionately about both my local football and cricket clubs and I have a season ticket at both. The idiots at Sky decided to schedule both matches on the same day and around the same time. Most loyal supporters will support the club through good times and bad and the decision to leave early is a personal choice if you are not happy about a performance or just need to leave early for transport reasons.

It is not a sign of disloyalty. Switching your support to another football club because they are a better team is.

I stayed to clap them off. 

Enjoyed the game even though we lost. The best team won. The scoreline didn't really matter that much.

1 minute ago, Newleaf said:

Enjoyed the game are you mad. 

I must be.

I thought it was a great match until they got the third.

Archived