Our support....

Ghost of Clough

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Some very tall horses that people are riding on in this thread. 

‘Oooh I’ll settle for watching dogmess I’m a proper fan’ - grow up.

Multitude of reasons people leave early for and if one of those is that we’re being embarrassed by a big rival then whatever. You pay your money. They pay their money. You’re not a bigger fan for staying until the end, you just set your bar much lower.

The majority of us were there for the Jewell season, the John Gregory season, the Phil Brown season... we’ve seen worse than this granted but that doesn’t mean we have to watch a non competition just dribble to a close.  

The crowd were silent from the third goal onwards, it’s not like the people who left, left behind a crowd that was right behind the players. 

Dress it up and make as many excuses as you want, but the abuse of our own players from 5 mins of our first home game of the season, our lack of support when going behind, and the ground emptying after 70 mins was extremely embarrassing. 

Saturday was probably the most embarrassed I've felt about our support in 50 years of going to games.

4 minutes ago, curb said:

Dress it up and make as many excuses as you want, but the abuse of our own players from 5 mins of our first home game of the season, our lack of support when going behind, and the ground emptying after 70 mins was extremely embarrassing. 

Saturday was probably the most embarrassed I've felt about our support in 50 years of going to games.

Totally agree I predicted a defeat for various reasons but stopped to the end, for that many people to leave so early live on sky for Franks first home game was shocking. Even though  I predicted a defeat it never entered my mind to abuse players during a game what good does it ever do? 

Not bothered who stays or leaves early but... the continued season on season abuse (and the booing will recommence no doubt - we’re not at a panto) of our own players is utterly disingenuous and thick. Who benefits? Our players or theirs? Listen to what players write and say. When the oppo players are abused, it helps our team. When our players are abused / boo’d, it helps the oppo. 

On 11/08/2018 at 21:44, enachops said:

I have to say I thought the gate was quite poor today. 27,000 against Leeds after all this optimism was a bit disappointing. 

Sky tv game....530 kickoff....didn't help.

Leaving early has been getting worse season after season. Used to be five minutes before the end or so, now people leave, causing others to have to stand up blocking people's view behind, with 10 or more minutes to go. I noticed this happening at Norwich and Ipswich (my nearest FL clubs) games 3 or 4 seasons ago, people leaving with a good part of the second half left. Why bother to come? 

Let's all calm down, second game of the season we lose, and play poorly, but please give Frank time, it could take this whole season to get rid of the dead wood, and to be the team Frank wants us to be, just hope he is given the time he needs by the fans, radio Derby, and Mel, we really do need some consistancy, at some point, back the team, we need it at the moment. 

Why do we believe we are any different to any other supporters up and down the land.

Fearlessly loyal when  someone else has go at 'our' club.

Yet we will  tear strips off of players and management for the slightest of mistakes. 

It is difficult for anyone to stay enthusiastic after a bad defeat but we must keep the faith.

Our time in the the sun is coming.

15 hours ago, curb said:

Hold on, wind it in. I’ve not made excuses for any abuse. I’ve argued that leaving before the final whistle in a game that’s clearly dwindling to a halt doesn’t make you a worse fan. 

We got behind them both times they conceded in the first half, after half time and when they conceded number 3. The support disappeared when Max Lowe gave up on the ball and our centre backs switched off allowing their smallest player to score a header for us to go 4-1 down. 

Also it’s easy for our support to look so shocking against such a good away support. 

If saturdaywas was the most embarrassed you’ve been then you must have very selective memory. Much more embaressing are our fans singing ‘if sammon scores, were on the pitch’ or any time they sing the collymore song...

Archived