Nick Blackman - Joined Sporting de Gijon on loan

SuperDerbySuperRams

1 minute ago, TigerTedd said:

I’m sure he’s lively, but it pisses me off that he seemed to show no effort during pre season, despite having a decent, confidence boosting season last season. 

Moving to derby was probably the biggest regret he’ll ever have. It’s not gone wel for anyone. I’m not shedding any tears. He’ll fade from my memory quicker than last night’s tea.

But I’ll never forget that one penalty he scored.  

Ffs I’m normally very supportive and think booking is bad and all that but in this case ‘see ya Nick, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.’

Somebody help Tedd out.

He needs a new scapetiger.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, at £20k a well he's eaten up 1,000 season tickets of revenue (even if we assume he only cost us one year of salary). I wish him well but he walks away from the experience £1m in pocket so I'm not feeling too dewy eyed on his behalf.

5 minutes ago, The Key Club King said:

I can agree that he was a very poor signing but to suggest that he wasn't arsed is blatantly untrue. On the few times he got on the pitch it looked to me as if he was trying too hard and could not play his natural game. He is also willing to get off his behind and move to Israel and Spain to get a game. 

Good luck to him. 

I’ll give him credit for that. There’s not many players these days willing to broaden their horizons. I didn’t see him play often enough to see him working hard, but you would’ve thought he’d at least not be completely poo in preseason. It’s like he’s cursed in a rams shirt. 

I bear him no ill will. But I have no strong feelings for him either way. 

He played well in his only game in Spain last Season, for Maccabi Tel Aviv against Villareal 
in the Europa League. Scored an absolute peach of a goal - see the clip below, where you'll
also catch sight of Steve McClaren on the Tel Aviv bench :-

http://www.footballhighlights247.com/villarreal-maccabi-tel-aviv-match-highlights.m107215.html

Sporting Gijon player Jean-Sylvain Babin was on loan at Maccabi Tel Aviv alongside Blackman last 
Season, so he knows at least one of his new Teammates.

I wish him well at his new Club.

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Gijon is in northern Spain not Portugal 

Correctomundo. Couldn't understand where the Portugal references came from. People must have been confused with the Sporting name.

And Gijon is pronounced "hee-haw".

Like the noise a donkey makes.

I am not making any inferences whatsoever. .....?

Wish him well personally. At least he isn't just content with collecting wages like the other wasters at the club at the moment. He's moved to Israel & now the 2nd division in Spain just to get gametime.

I can't say I'll ever have been happier to see a Derby player leave. I don't imagine he's a bad lad, just an appalling footballer on what he's shown us.

Please be true. Good luck and, basically, duck off.

Good news to come back to this. A lovely bloke by all accounts, but by god I’ve no idea how he’s a professional footballer. He’s the one player remaining in our squad that I really can’t see any ability In based on his time at derby. Maybe hell show something elsewhere, but the only positive I’ve seen of his is he’s reasonably powerful so can take a good pen. That’s it. We paid 3 million for that. Level with Conor sammon on our worst signings list imo, simply for the sheer ludicrousy of the fee. God knows what sporting gijon will think of him, he’s non league quality based on his time here. I’ve weve got anything for him, whoever negotiated the deal deserves the freedom of the city!

5 hours ago, Ambitious said:

All the best to him. He came in, had a couple of alright games then hit a dip in form, he just never got back to that level.

I hope he does well in Spain. Best move for all parties, which goes without saying as he probably wouldn't get a game for our U23 side at the moment. 

just read his tweets what a real good guy wish him all the best in his endevours he deserves it

the fans made his life difficult with the silly chants " if blackman scores we're on the pitch".

you could see the confidence drain out of him, and he looked terrified to make a mistake.

I'm pleased for him that his nightmare is over.

this is a great move for him.

29 minutes ago, RamNut said:

the fans made his life difficult with the silly chants " if blackman scores we're on the pitch".

you could see the confidence drain out of him, and he looked terrified to make a mistake.

I'm pleased for him that his nightmare is over.

this is a great move for him.

Yeah a bit like that forest player who blamed the fans for ruining his career because they kept shouting ‘he’s got a pineapple on his head’.

A thoroughly good lad who just crumbled under the pressure here st Derby. He's certainly not as poor a player a many make out and some of the abuse both at games and on here has been embarrassing. Safe to say he's handled his exit with a deal more dignity than some so-called fans. I wish him luck anyway. Hopefully he can resurrect his career in Spain.

3 minutes ago, Rample said:

Second. Gifton Noel Williams, Burnley to Real Murcia in January 2007, and he also played there for Elche the following season.

And also Vinny Samways who was most likely the first one with Las Palmas even earlier.

Good luck to the lad, not his fault he wanted to come to us,and probably under different circumstance things could have been different. Just become an unwanted cost to ourselves and that has to be the fault of those instigating his signing not the player.

8 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Correctomundo. Couldn't understand where the Portugal references came from. People must have been confused with the Sporting name.

And Gijon is pronounced "hee-haw".

Like the noise a donkey makes.

I am not making any inferences whatsoever. .....?

I thought it was pronounced '"heehon'. Not an expert, though. 

It was a weird signing at the time. No one was saying he was who/what we needed. 

Was it established exactly who wanted him and to play what role?

Criminally negligent really....not really his fault. Should never have signed him. 

Good luck; best thing to be said is that he hasn't just sat and seen out his contract. 

Im sorry but putting nick blackman who hasn't really played that much esp in his best position as worst derby player , clearly has not seen the likes of  Steve Cross and Nick pickering play for us I would also add steve McLaren ( yes our former manager ) into that list as well he was useless as a number 10 running round with his socks round his ankles I remember it well .

Archived