Nick Blackman - Joined Sporting de Gijon on loan

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Pretty irrelevant as he's out of contract next summer. We'll likely receive a similar figure whichever way the deal is structured.

Correct! I’m happy we’re saving on his wages.Say 20k a week for 40 weeks until his contract expired next June,that’s about 800k saving.That’ll do nicely thanks ?

46 minutes ago, superzak said:

You must be quite young then...because i have seen far worse in a Derby shirt....most of the players in the 1980`s were far worse lol

I’ve seen more than enough garbage at this club in Beck, Earnshaw, John, Graham,  Holdsworth, Best and Sammon ?

Blackman should be at his peak now (28), other than a three month patch at Reading, I honestly can’t understand how he’s made it at this level. 

Should have returned from Israel with confidence, hoping to impress the new management here. Yet still looked horrific against Notts County and the U23 games. Doesn’t seem arsed whatsoever, that or he is just totally poo.

Worst signing ever for the money involved without question, Atleast Mikkel Beck was a mere 500k and was a success in Germany and at Boro prior to joining, what’s Blackman got other than the 3month bit of form at Reading

All the best to him. He came in, had a couple of alright games then hit a dip in form, he just never got back to that level.

I hope he does well in Spain. Best move for all parties, which goes without saying as he probably wouldn't get a game for our U23 side at the moment. 

Always think it's ungracious putting down a player who leaves us after it hasn't worked out.  It wasn't Nick's fault that we overpaid for him while having no idea how to use him (remind me of the name of the manager who's watch that happened on).

Sometimes it just doesn't work, at least he seized the opportunity in Israel and 1 in 3 suggests he has something.  So for me I'm going to wish him all the best.  And remember Nick a lot of Derby fans know nothing....

Gijon is in northern Spain not Portugal ?

10 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Always think it's ungracious putting down a player who leaves us after it hasn't worked out.  It wasn't Nick's fault that we overpaid for him while having no idea how to use him (remind me of the name of the manager who's watch that happened on).

Sometimes it just doesn't work, at least he seized the opportunity in Israel and 1 in 3 suggests he has something.  So for me I'm going to wish him all the best.  And remember Nick a lot of Derby fans know nothing....

Gijon is in northern Spain not Portugal ?

Totally agree. WHH. Well posted. Players are asked to join a club, a fee and wages are agreed. Why blame a player who is  clearly a nice guy and has been written off by many without being played in his best position and given decent service? Whatever level of skill he has, he cannot be blamed for taking the wages at Derby. I would have done the same. All the best in Spain, Nick. Enjoy. 

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Totally agree. WHH. Well posted. Players are asked to join a club, a fee and wages are agreed. Why blame a player who is  clearly a nice guy and has been written off by many without being played in his best position and given decent service? Whatever level of skill he has, he cannot be blamed for taking the wages at Derby. I would have done the same. All the best in Spain, Nick. Enjoy. 

You ok Rampage? You seem to have come over quite normal. 

5 minutes ago, Rampage said:

And he does seem like a genuinely nice guy. He does a lot of charity work too. It's a shame it didn't work out for him. His confidence would have taking a ridiculous knock since joining us. Imagine going from champ top goal scorer at christmas...to rotting in the ressies. And for those who will say 'ahhh well he's on a lot of money'...he seems like the kind of guy who would much rather just be playing football than having a nice wage packet going in every week. 

Just now, i-Ram said:

You ok Rampage? You seem to have come over quite normal. 

Always been an avid football fan but I am not as informed as many on here  I enjoy a bit of fun with the English language. I am an author, but I am yet to see criticism improve a person. I am normal but unique and my humour can be zany because it keeps me young to laugh. 

2 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

And he does seem like a genuinely nice guy. He does a lot of charity work too. It's a shame it didn't work out for him. His confidence would have taking a ridiculous knock since joining us. Imagine going from champ top goal scorer at christmas...to rotting in the ressies. And for those who will say 'ahhh well he's on a lot of money'...he seems like the kind of guy who would much rather just be playing football than having a nice wage packet going in every week. 

Well spoken, jb. 

5 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I’m sure he’s lively, but it pisses me off that he seemed to show no effort during pre season, despite having a decent, confidence boosting season last season. 

Moving to derby was probably the biggest regret he’ll ever have. It’s not gone wel for anyone. I’m not shedding any tears. He’ll fade from my memory quicker than last night’s tea.

But I’ll never forget that one penalty he scored.  

Ffs I’m normally very supportive and think booking is bad and all that but in this case ‘see ya Nick, don’t let the door hit you on the way out.’

47 minutes ago, Papahet said:

I’ve seen more than enough garbage at this club in Beck, Earnshaw, John, Graham,  Holdsworth, Best and Sammon ?

Blackman should be at his peak now (28), other than a three month patch at Reading, I honestly can’t understand how he’s made it at this level. 

Should have returned from Israel with confidence, hoping to impress the new management here. Yet still looked horrific against Notts County and the U23 games. Doesn’t seem arsed whatsoever, that or he is just totally poo.

Worst signing ever for the money involved without question, Atleast Mikkel Beck was a mere 500k and was a success in Germany and at Boro prior to joining, what’s Blackman got other than the 3month bit of form at Reading

I can agree that he was a very poor signing but to suggest that he wasn't arsed is blatantly untrue. On the few times he got on the pitch it looked to me as if he was trying too hard and could not play his natural game. He is also willing to get off his behind and move to Israel and Spain to get a game. 

Good luck to him. 

Archived