v Leeds Utd (H) Match Thread

rynny

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Unmentioned but think Bryson’s been quite poor myself, I’d take him off now and bring a bit more strength into the team.

Agree. Or Ledley. Both never in position when out of possession. Never showing when in possession. Need a lot more from them if we are going to get something out of this.

We have to make ourselves less open, not just in this game but going forward. I’m starting to get very worried that Lampard May be over ambitious in his attacking style and we could get cut open regularly like we have in this game if we don’t sort it out, particularly the midfield balance. Hopefully it’s just a bit of inexperience that will be sorted out over time, because you can really see what we’re trying to do, it’s just never going to work with pout a bit of organisation to back up the attacking play.

You can't have Lowe at LB and Ledley at DM in the same team. You just can't.

Lowe pushes forward a lot and when he, or his teammates lose the ball, Ledley isn't quick enough to cover both the LB position and squeeze space in midfield. The opening goal was 100% down to this.

Leeds look like breaking down their right side every time because Lowe is out of position and has no defensive cover.

We've been poor. The only reason this looks like an entertaining game is because Leeds were excellent, but they play at such a pace that they're also vulnerable to leaving spaces open.

We barely constructed a decent passing throughout that half. Waghorn has been feeding off scraps.

Sith Happens

I know wouldn't affect the score but why cant officials be consistent. Leeds should have had two bookings early on but soon books derby players for similar offences.

Just now, gccrowdpleaser said:

We're crying out for a monsterholding midfielder. Ledley doesn't seem to be doing anything. It needs mobility an ability to read the game. Both of which appear to have deserted him.

We lack pace and power in midfield. 

Id bring on Johnson for ledley at half time, he cant do much worse at stopping Saiz

Archived