The Forgotten Man !

loweman2

2 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I only read the first post of the thread, I'm sure the next few pages of comments will rightfully be glowing but I wanted to add my two pennetjh worth.

What a wonderful and beautiful thing you've done, to see it through to the end and actually get him his medal is superb and somerhing you should be very proud of doing.

Fair play to the decision makers as well.

Lovely story. 

nice one @ronnieronalde, I am just pleased for jim !

A truly memorable and heroic effort on your part, @loweman2.  In awe of what you did for Jim.

It'd be nice to think the other players from his generation would drop him a note to congratulate him after so long without what was rightfully his.  He earned his medal and you earned my total respect for doing this selfless act.  Well done.  Hope your son is proud of what his Dad and Grandad managed to achieve.  Great for him to rub shoulders (well, his shoulder to their hip) with such legends of our club.

Cheers!⛹️‍♂️ 

16 minutes ago, loweman2 said:

fantastic @CROSSWORD, great to see that the old grey matter is stirred a little by some of my posts ! funny about the left foot, when we went up last week Jim was taking shots at my lad (who is 8) and he was smashing the ball at him with the same left foot but perhaps just a bit less gusto !!! from the response on here and twitter he was a well liked player and he really is nice guy still today !

3BEDF649-FD1C-41AF-BA24-FDBD4B993225.jpeg.3bcda93add8d45697e364d158e3633b5.jpeg

• 3 years later...

What a truly fantastic post, and a fantastic gesture from you, @loweman2.  You should feel rightfully proud.

I'm assuming that on-pitch presentation never materialised (?).

Was it ever made public what the hold up with that was all about?

Top, top thread.  No idea how I missed it first time around, although it was started the day before Muckerette's birthday, so maybe she was draining some of my attention away!  Selfish to the core, that one!  ?

??

4 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

What a truly fantastic post, and a fantastic gesture from you, @loweman2.  You should feel rightfully proud.

I'm assuming that on-pitch presentation never materialised (?).

Was it ever made public what the hold up with that was all about?

Top, top thread.  No idea how I missed it first time around, although it was started the day before Muckerette's birthday, so maybe she was draining some of my attention away!  Selfish to the core, that one!  ?

??

thank you mate, somebody had liked a comment on it and that made me think it was time to resurect it, it was a real privelidge to be involved in, it wasnt of course all me but i never did get to the bottom of why it was suddenly hushed up, the club rang me and said that they couldnt tell me why, im not sure if it may have been something to do with not opening the flood gates for so many more medals to be awarded, maybe the FL approached the club, who knows but jim got his medal.

20 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

As someone else has suggested, Loweman, you should take up the mighty pen because you clearly have really good writing skills. 

thank you mate, i think that on here is as good as its gonna get !! and "the colours of the rams" of course !!

the world wide best seller on the history of the dcfc shirt !!! (avaliable on Amazon? )

• 5 months later...