U23s v Aston Villa Live on RamsTV 12pm

Day

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just don’t get Blackman, he surely had to put some effort into this game?? He is clearly in the shop window, has no future at derby and needs to impress his suitors. That performance from him was abysmal. By far the worst player on the pitch and paid so so much more than those  U23s. 

Definately one to pay off. 

6 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

I just don’t get Blackman, he surely had to put some effort into this game?? He is clearly in the shop window, has no future at derby and needs to impress his suitors. That performance from him was abysmal. By far the worst player on the pitch and paid so so much more than those  U23s. 

Definately one to pay off. 

We can’t afford to pay him off he is on so much it makes it silly - he simply has to go out on loan if someone will take him

I thought we improved greatly once the first teamers went off, Zanzala looked bright, as did McAllister and Eyoma. Loved watching them try and work openings rather than launch it in to the box.

Villa were really dirty - I don't get why referees and lenient in friendly games, it doesn't make sense. It's the same game, apply the same rules.

44 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

Happily get rid of a whole XI right now;

Roos/Mitchell

Anya Guy Pearce Olsson

Johnson Butterfield

Blackman Nugent Martin Vydra(decent fee)

Keeper seems like change for the sake of it - we 're not looking for competition, get in an experienced back up and loan Mitchell out 

Guy is harsh, he's not had a proper shot yet

I like Pearce, you know if he comes in he'll do a job

Nugent is expendable once we get a first team striker, but Martin is probably still the best (only) no. 9 we have so we can't let go yet 

Vydra is an expensive luxury we could use to generate cash to spend elsewhere

Johnson will always float around the squad and be back up for almost every midfield role, I hope we let his contract run down and move him on as he's past his peak and never going to be good enough in any role.

Anya, Olsson, Butterfield, Blackman would be off if anyone bid and it's hard to argue otherwise. I don't think we'd take a lot of persuading over Hanson, Thorne, Martin, Johnson, Jerome and others either.

Blackman was really disappointing. Should have been totally up for this and looking for goals.

Tel Aviv may come back in for Blackman, equally one of the smaller teams in our league may come in for him. I don't know. He's definitely done here though. I can't say I was impressed with any of the first team players, none of them seemed arsed in the slightest. 

I did watch it intermittently, however.  

26 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Tel Aviv may come back in for Blackman, equally one of the smaller teams in our league may come in for him. I don't know. He's definitely done here though. I can't say I was impressed with any of the first team players, none of them seemed arsed in the slightest. 

I did watch it intermittently, however.  

Completely agree, I was very critical of Blackman, but on hindsight, Thorne, Butterfield and even Martin looked well off it. 

The Thorne situation is so sad, what could have been, he looked immense when we first signed him, but now...

I still have hope he can rediscover his old form, but every time I see him play i doubt this a little more. 

Just now, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

Completely agree, I was very critical of Blackman, but on hindsight, Thorne, Butterfield and even Martin looked well off it. 

FFS it's Martins 1st 45 minutes and the midfield were mostly appallingly awful.

1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

The Thorne situation is so sad, what could have been, he looked immense when we first signed him, but now...

I still have hope he can rediscover his old form, but every time I see him play i doubt this a little more. 

The sad emoji is for Thorne.

Through sheer bad luck he looks unlikely to ever fulfil his potential, what a waste.

I'd love him to prove me wrong, but it doesn't look likely.

The bad news? Reading scouts were meant to be watching Blackman's performance today.

The good news? I don't believe they turned up! Just as well really...

Given he only left a couple of years ago, and given Clement's the manager now, surely they know what they're getting? Hopefully a bid in soon.

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

FFS it's Martins 1st 45 minutes and the midfield were mostly appallingly awful.

He did look well off it, that’s not a criticism, just an observation. I actually think Martin could be a key player this season if given a chance. 

4 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

He did look well off it, that’s not a criticism, just an observation. I actually think Martin could be a key player this season if given a chance. 

Couple of nice moves - he put Blackman in (as much as that's possible and it wasn't), he had a break down the wing and cut in to win a corner, he won headers, he laid off some passes and took some tackles from behind and won free kicks. There was hardly any support or chances from midfield.

Archived