Day

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Sven Karic on, Sibley off
Cameron Cresswell on, Martin off
Henrich Ravas on, Josh Barnes off.

Both Cresswell and Karic look so comfortable at this level. They always impress me. 

Just now, Beagle said:

Steve Mac and assistant john Eustace at the game

Aye Eustace was on his own first half. 

Sadly Blackman isn't selling himself ? 

Prosser is getting some right grief off their coach.

Bit of a hotchpot team just to get players minutes and so far we've been pretty mediocre. Not looking like much more than a training match in terms of intensity. 

Very high pressing. Half the time Hunt, who must easily be ten foot tall, is the only man back.

Full backs getting forward okay, especially Sibley, not surprising as both usually play further forward. Not a great deal of link up play with their respective wingers though. 

We have vast seniority and physicality advantages against them, especially centrally, but not made much of it. Most of our senior pros have had the odd moment, usually when afforded a bit of space.

That said I've seen very little from Blackman, Butterfield or Hanson (bar the goal - he's now played bang average in 3 positions this preseason) to show they merit involvement with the first team. I'll give Martin a pass - McLaren obviously looking at him and Thorne, will have learned little other than they are relatively fit. It depends if he feels he can coax form out of them if he takes them down south. 

Draw at half time seems fair. No surprise we conceded, but quality equaliser.

Just now, Animal is a Ram said:

Butterfield might well do though...

I think they've probably come to check on Thorne's fitness, primarily. Maybe Martin too, but I don't think Lamps will let Martin go unless he gets one of his targets.

Butterfield's having a decent enough game though, could maybe tempt them. Depends on what their transfer plan looks like. 

Hanson is probably not entirely off the table either.

The absence of Cameron Jerome is curious. Did we get wind of an injury? 

1 minute ago, Rample said:

Prosser is getting some right grief off their coach.

Bit of a hotchpot team just to get players minutes and so far we've been pretty mediocre. Not looking like much more than a training match in terms of intensity. 

Very high pressing. Half the time Hunt, who must easily be ten foot tall, is the only man back.

Full backs getting forward okay, especially Sibley, not surprising as both usually play further forward. Not a great deal of link up play with their respective wingers though. 

We have vast seniority and physicality advantages against them, especially centrally, but not made much of it. Most of our senior pros have had the odd moment, usually when afforded a bit of space.

That said I've seen very little from Blackman, Butterfield or Hanson (bar the goal - he's now played bang average in 3 positions this preseason) to show they merit involvement with the first team. I'll give Martin a pass - McLaren obviously looking at him and Thorne, will have learned little other than they are relatively fit. It depends if he feels he can coax form out of them if he takes them down south. 

Draw at half time seems fair. No surprise we conceded, but quality equaliser.

Villa put their tallest defender on Hunt for a corner in the first half, and he was staring Hunt in the chest ? 

Villa player upended Karic on the wing and the next nearest Derby player was on the penalty spot ? 

Slightly comical.

2-1 Villa

George moves so so slowly nowadays. He still has a pass on him, but he's so much less mobile than he was. And he wasn't mobile before. 

Blackman's spent this game looking like a trialist - Villa's teenage defenders just take the ball off him whenever they feel like it. 

2 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Butterfield and Elsnik off, Zanzala and Babos on.

That Max Hunt is 6ft 6ins. 

2-1 Villa, looked like a foul in the build up, Karic got flattened, but lino gave nothing. Switched off.

Bizarre, just barged him over. Still we should have been more alert but that's a foul all day long.

Archived