U23s v Aston Villa Live on RamsTV 12pm

Day

Only 8 on the bench so some players will get 90 minutes in their legs. Lampard doing the opposite of Rowett and using the U23s as a means of getting first teamers fit.

Presumably Gordon and Sibley marauding fullbacks, Hunt and Hanson centrebacks, Thorne the anchor with Elsnik and Butterfield making up the rest of the midfield. Then Martin central with Blackman and Macdonald either side. 

Edit: forgotten Calum Macdonald is a defender as others have pointed out. Maybe he swaps with Hanson who moves to fullback leaving either Gordon or Sibley as the other wide player in the front three, which suits them better? 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Despite what chat? That's a long tweet for Nixon but still lacking in info. Will be interesting to see the team. 

Martin, Blackman, Anya, Thorne? And presumably Elsnik if fit as he's not quite crossed the divide. 

The kind of chat that Nixon invents himself because in reality he has no insider info at Derby?

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The kind of chat that Nixon invents himself because in reality he has no insider info at Derby?

He knew Martin was fit and starting before any of us did ?

I've also explained what "chat" he is referring to. And it was prevalent.

2 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Only 8 on the bench so some players will get 90 minutes in their legs. Lampard doing the opposite of Rowett and using the U23s as a means of getting first teamers fit.

Presumably Gordon and Sibley marauding fullbacks, Hunt and Hanson centrebacks, Thorne the anchor with Elsnik and Butterfield making up the rest of the midfield. Then Martin central with Blackman and Macdonald either side. 

Never seen Macdonald play that far up - usually CB, LB or DM. If it is 433, then I wouldn't be surprised to see Sibley pushed up on the wing

Max Hunt is bloody hooge. 

I really hope he can kick on, I've seen very little of him but we're desperate for a decent CB to come through.

John Eustace, Assistant to McClaren at QPR - is watching.

Martin and Thorne are playing. 

Lets hope Blackman has an amazing game.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

John Eustace, Assistant to McClaren at QPR - is watching.

Martin and Thorne are playing. 

Lets hope Blackman has an amazing game.

I fall into the same trap every time. I get into the mindset of, 'it's probably time for Thorne to move on as he can't really be relied on due to his injuries,' then within about 5 minutes of watching him play like this I'm straight back thinking, 'please never leave me.' ?

3 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

I fall into the same trap every time. I get into the mindset of, 'it's probably time for Thorne to move on as he can't really be relied on due to his injuries,' then within about 5 minutes of watching him play like this I'm straight back thinking, 'please never leave me.' ?

To be fair he always looks amazing in U23 games cos he gets so much space. 

I wouldn't be upset if he left. I'd be upset that his career got stalled as hard as it has done though, if he can't kick on this season (for someone).

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

You are not watching this game then?

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Does Elsnik ever make mistakes? Every time I see him he never loses the ball.

His mistakes are usually dwelling on the ball too long around opposition players who are stronger than him.

Those players are not hugely prevalent at this level, so he always looks infallible ? 

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Does Elsnik ever make mistakes? Every time I see him he never loses the ball.

Having never actually seen him play, what sort of player is he? I know he's a centre mid, on the attacking side, but is he a Hughes/Mount type? Bryson?

Archived