v Coventry (A) Match Thread

LE_Ram

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Yeah - It's quite exciting for me because I don't watch the U18s a great deal so I don't actually know a great deal about him. He only made appearances in 5 U23 games last season. So he's just leapfrogged straight into the first time (very fringe) picture. It makes a nice change from watching a player not be given their chance for a long time.

Brain seems there. Physically he's very impressive and he has some technical ability. It all looks incredibly promising.

Thanks for the updates on Sibley and I am pleased he is impressing. He has lovely quick feet and not afraid to mix it with the older players.  Usually plays left back/ left wing back but has always liked going forward. When I have seen him he is still a bit rash in the tackle so maybe playing Bird at left back as more solid defensively? 

3 minutes ago, drgoodspeak said:

I love that there’s what looks like a five-a-side pitch in the distance with floodlights on.

Every little helps.

Watching the last 20 minutes of that game made me quite sleepy. Forgot to turn my light on so my monitor was on my only light source. Was basically watching in the dark. 

"Owen and the RamsTV team will also bring you all the half-time talk as well as post-match reaction from Jody Morris and a member of the first team following the conclusion of the match action."

I've been had, I want my fiver back.

Sibley, looks very promising. Had a moment where he brought the ball down and wriggled away from the opposition. Seems a bit fiesty too, with a good pass on him. I also thought McDonald looked steady at left centre back. Lowe, Bird, Bennett, Bogle and Thomas also looking good. 

I think we have a lot of talent in our academy, I really hope Lampard gives them the chances this season...

Thank God were signing a striker/strikers. Our front men are so so Poor. Neither Nugent or Jerome has bagged themselves a goal yet. I believe that pre season form can pass over into the early games of the season so out two strikers are showing exactly why they need replacing. Hopefully Marriott and Waghorn (possible) can come in and prove there worth on Saturday v Wolves. UTR, another win and clean sheet with a youthfuly mixed side....

It was very comfortable in the end, played a slower pace than I imagined it would be. 

A few thoughts: if we didn't know already, there's definitely a big emphasis on passing and moving. It is massively refreshing compared to what we were playing under Rowett. It also seems like we can introduce youngsters into the first team seamlessly, whereas that would have been neigh on impossible last season due to the difference to tactics & play. 

The youth team players did well. Lowe is an absolute shoe-in to start the first game & looks every bit an experienced first team player at this moment in time. The worry is the lad's ability to stay out of the treatment room. Bennett & Thomas look like viable options to start games in the Championship if they're needed. Sibley looks like a real talent, more so when you consider he's only 16. 

I think the defence looks extremely solid. Carson, Wisdom, Keogh, Davies, Lowe. I'm happy to go into the season with those as the options. Ledley or Huddlestone infront of them, then the attacking talent we have added doing their bits. I think the minimal additions, along with the change of tactic, stands us in good stead for the season. 

Upfront, however, it's not been great all through pre-season. I hope Marriott can change that. It could be worthwhile either keeping hold of Vyds or bringing someone else in. I don't know if Waghorn is that man, but I do think he'll be a better option than Nugent & Jerome in this set up.

Also - I much prefer Mitchell to Roos. The end. 

Archived