v Coventry (A) Match Thread

LE_Ram

Tell you what Sibley's bigger than he looks. Had no idea he had that size on him! 

Dwarfs Wilson and Mount (well, maybe thats an exaggeration)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, islandram said:

anyone at game can they watch out to see how sibley goes . my mates say he is the one to watch

Watch the (free) replay of the match on the official site tomorrow.

Also watch the U23s V Villa from earlier in the week where he played as a marauding left back. Has a bit of something about him.

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

I never understand it when a player comes really deep to collect the ball, gives it back to a defender, and then runs back to their position. 

I assume its to drag a player out of position so the space they leave can be utilised, if nobody follows them then yeah its pointless

Sibleys the next genuine Derby talent, for sure. He's been with us since 2010 I think.

To be honest, he's never looked as complete as he does right now. It's amazing how quickly things can change with youths.

Although he has played for England, so obviously the professionals have seen more than me. Shocking really.

2 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

16 y.o new academy scholar. 

Played for the u23s against Villa last week

Cheers...thats why ive not heard of him! Looking at the 2nd half team sheet it looks like hes playing centre mid. Is that right? If so it say much for the other centre mids we got..thorne. butterfield etc

1 minute ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Cheers...thats why ive not heard of him! Looking at the 2nd half team sheet it looks like hes playing centre mid. Is that right? If so it say much for the other centre mids we got..thorne. butterfield etc

He's been with us for 8 years but he only signed as a proper (I forget the term) contract in the summer, I think, Played in the u18s mostly. 

Saying he was a new-scholar is not accurate, as I think they're considered scholars their whole time in the academy. I've lost my terminology knowledge ?

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

7 u21s used today I think and a fair few who are only a year or 2 above that bracket. Somewhere Rowett is hissing away 

You can't imagine how much I'm beaming at this sight tbh. Loads of the teenagers I've been following, who have not had a single look-in, are all being involved and fitting in really well. I'm really excited.

My only disappointed is the situation with Elsnik. Not sure what's happened there ? 

Just now, David said:

Lawrence takes it, bit crap, saves.

Probably the most casual penalty you'll ever see. But we'll forgive him in a pre-season game ? 

Just now, SaintRam said:

You can't imagine how much I'm beaming at this sight tbh. Loads of the teenagers I've been following, who have not had a single look-in, are all being involved and fitting in really well. I'm really excited.

My only disappointed is the situation with Elsnik. Not sure what's happened there ? 

Lets hope Lampard is a lot braver than Rowett and some of them get chances during competitive games. The whole, "if I used young players and we lose, fans will blame me for doing it," stuff really pissed me off. Like, come on Gary, you used poo old players and we lost and we still blamed you, you numpty 

Archived