v Coventry (A) Match Thread

LE_Ram

Just now, reveldevil said:

Bradley Johnson plan B? 

A championship Fellani, perhaps?

The amount of crosses I can see us putting in this season, he'll always be a big threat if he can get in the box. I think he makes a lot of sense as one.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Joined the game very late. How are we playing? Very surprised to see Max Lowe starting again. Are we pushing him to see if he will break down again?

Dominating the game but have only created a few chances. It's been mostly the back 4 passing around because Coventry don't want to close them down at all and none of our midfield (even Huddlestone) seem particularly interested in coming to make an option. Our main threat has been down the left with Lowe and Bennett beating their right back for fun. We've put in plenty of crosses but not managed to get on the end of many other than a cross from Wisdom to Johnson in which he scored and a cross from Lowe to Johnson in which he should have scored. We nearly got a 2nd through Bennett charging down a clearance but it narrowly went wide. Their best and only real chance came from a sloppy pass by Keogh which led to them putting together a couple of passes to get to the edge of the area but the shot was blocked (by Keogh, I think). Best players have been Lowe, Wisdom, Bennett and probably Johnson, just because he looks our most likely scorer 

The Good

Lowe and Bennett owning the left flank. Strolling through them at times. Firing the ball from one flank to the other to stretch them and then putting one straight down their throats for a quick lay off and go. If we go too long without finding that ball down the middle then Lowe just runs past them all instead

The Bad

Want to see more of Luke Thomas. He's done well with what he's had but he's not had a good deal to work with. He was involved with the goal and those are the areas we haven't been able to get him on the ball facing the right way.

The Ugly

erm... nothing. It's a training exercise so far. Easy peasy. Maybe some of the crossing?

Just now, Alpha said:

He was involved with the goal and those are the areas we haven't been able to get him on the ball facing the right way.

Quite a heavy ball to be honest, Wisdom did well to well to get the ball knocked in. Johnson had a ridiculous amount of time to wind up his neck to power head it in.

I never understand it when a player comes really deep to collect the ball, gives it back to a defender, and then runs back to their position. 

Just now, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Whos the number 18 sibley? 

16 y.o new academy scholar. 

Played for the u23s against Villa last week

Archived