v Southampton (H) Match Thread

On 20/07/2018 at 20:43, CamsChorizo said:

In from the States. Going to my first Derby match ever. My wife and I are so excited. Any suggestions on pubs to hit up before/after the match? Thanks!

COYR!

Did you enjoy the game Cams? You might be our lucky charm, you should come to every game ?

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Oh I am, trust me it’s a breath of fresh air

But nonsense posts like that

“ one more signing and promotion is in the bag”

is just rediculous 

it usually comes out of the mouth of someone that equally thinks that we were all set to get relegated after the Mansfield result and performance second half against Mansfield.

just asking for people to calm down and retain a some level headed ness.

this season like any other season will give us highs and lows and I’d love to be able to come on here after a defeat and not have the usual suspects baying for the managers blood 

this club craves stability and it just winds me up when I see people who say we’re brilliant and it’s promtion all the way after one win but it’s relegation, sack the manager, get rid of mel when we lose 

drives me up the wall 

yes let’s enjoy it, the football is shaping up to be infinitely better than last year but let’s not turn into red dogs and start claiming we’ve won the league by end of August cos we’ve won a couple of friendlies shall we 

were better than that ? 

Infinitely better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was like watching a Man City game for me. Similar style but just developing it. I cannot explain how the quality of passing and positional play had developed so quickly. Never been so convinced that performance is key.

I am still buzzing after watching the match yesterday. When is the whole game shown again on RamstTV?

2 hours ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I think it was around 48,000. The stands were full and people were sneaking in and sitting in other peoples laps. 

Comma in wrong place, nearer 4,800.?

A few people will be regretting not being there.

12 hours ago, jono said:

As a founder member of the happy clappy society I reserve the right to be completely over excited

I just loved it. Every second. The older heads like Leadley and the imperious Huddlestone did exactly what the experience end of a balanced team should do ... just keep it all together while the young guns went out on raiding parties. The precise opposite of last year where they controlled everything and just let the kids have a moment or two to run off some spirit. 

We didn’t play 433 and we weren’t Mac 1 ... unless MAC 1 had Sat Nav, Alloys, a turbo and variable geometry. After a settle down period we played dominant football (with the odd slip up - but who cares ) 

Wilson and Mount, so mobile, energetic and flexible. Nuge a bit slow to start and I thought he run out of legs came in to it as time went by.

Bryson making so many off the ball intelligent runs and later on a shot on target - back to his best. Lawrence, bit hurried to start and then, (frankly speaking ? ) ended up strutting like rooster of the walk. Even Butters looked tidy. What price him as away match choice at CM. ?

Random asides in no particular order. And yes this is all a bit OTT but that was entertainment and football all at once ??

Leadley = John Eustace with a beard

Bennet = razor sharp picking up that rebound

Flo Jo = two magic touches and 2 not so magic ones but pretty sure he’s got the star dust and we are going to love him

Hudds = classiest old brand of glue available on the market today 

Keogh and Davies = Ronseal

Max Lowe = future 8 figure value .. hope we’ve got him nailed down 

Bryson = not an old dog .. doesn’t need new tricks 

Wisdom = full of it

Butterfield = well you know clean slates might not just be clichés

Vydra still to come back = now won’t that be interesting !  

Who needs a target man or a battering Ram when you have skilled all round footballers playing with intent and panache 

Team 2 = came out wanting to be in team 1 without a sulk in them. 

Friendly ..yes Southampton poor ..maybe 

But all said and done that the most athletic flowing DCFC I have seen for a fair while.

keep it up for the next 2 warm ups and we’ll be peaking for the opening weekend and bouncing when Leeds come visiting

PS .. Is there  a St Frank ? 

Saint Francis - known to his mates and animal friends as FRANK

7 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Infinitely better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was like watching a Man City game for me. Similar style but just developing it. I cannot explain how the quality of passing and positional play had developed so quickly. Never been so convinced that performance is key.

I am still buzzing after watching the match yesterday. When is the whole game shown again on RamstTV?

Was going to write a similar post....spot on mate ??

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

Just wandering if anyone knows if /when the match highlights would be on here.

noticed the full Notts 90 minuted is available to watch but not Mansfield.

i went to both so wasn’t fussed about watching it but after Mansfield I thought Id save some match day credits for when poo gets proper serious, (having a season ticket doesn’t half cost me in  “house jobs” and shopping trips) 

So having not gone yesterday I’m gagging to see some footage 

Mansfield game is up on RamsTV but better not to watch second half. I am gagging to see the Soton game again.

13 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Mansfield game is up on RamsTV but better not to watch second half. I am gagging to see the Soton game again.

Haha me too! I went but I’ve still deliberately got all my errands out the way this morning so I can watch it again this afternoon if they put it up. Although I’m sure they didn’t put the notts county full 90 up till last Monday. 

2 minutes ago, Ramos said:

Haha me too! I went but I’ve still deliberately got all my errands out the way this morning so I can watch it again this afternoon if they put it up. Although I’m sure they didn’t put the notts county full 90 up till last Monday. 

Highlights last 90 minutes on this one!! ?

Was anybody else on here in the South stand yesterday and did you notice that the speakers didn't seem to work until the final subs came on? We could hear the music from the East stand speakers, but could hardy hear a word said on the mic.

And it's nice to see they have changed the big screen so the score and time is at the bottom and not a little box in the top corner.

47 minutes ago, ossieram said:

Was anybody else on here in the South stand yesterday and did you notice that the speakers didn't seem to work until the final subs came on? We could hear the music from the East stand speakers, but could hardy hear a word said on the mic.

And it's nice to see they have changed the big screen so the score and time is at the bottom and not a little box in the top corner.

Yes, was same in West Stand. 

56 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Rowett

Best one word post ever, Boycie.

One word can paint a thousand pictures.

Nuclear meltdown for him is the Rams getting all the headlines for great football whilst Stoke fans moan at their boring football.

I cannot imagine Rowett changing his tactics and formations or his interviews. 

4 hours ago, Rampage said:

Comma in wrong place, nearer 4,800.?

A few people will be regretting not being there.

I was abit apprehensive when I saw stands were closed but really glad I went. I think the 2 back to back home games is a little strange as usually we have one big ore season home game. It will be interesting how many go next week. 

13 minutes ago, ollycutts1982 said:

I was abit apprehensive when I saw stands were closed but really glad I went. I think the 2 back to back home games is a little strange as usually we have one big ore season home game. It will be interesting how many go next week. 

A key game in a new era, ollycutts 2018

Archived