v Southampton (H) Match Thread

13 hours ago, Rampage said:

A career on the boards awaiteth thee, fair Grimbeard. Exit stage left to fanfare of the trump and the dulcimer on a good day. For England and for Frank. Thy midsummer night's dream of a win at Mansfield lies shattered in the Field Mill of battle but thou hast arisen again valiantly and hast aquitted thineself as a skilful man in the 3 nil defeat of Southampton. So prepare and gain thee vittals for the forthcoming battle against the small Forest creatures that seek to rise In triumph against thee, especially in the away game. To horse, Grimbeard and failing that catch the number 29 to Chaddesden where thou will find succour and strength to thine soul. Also a couple of pints of John Smith's ale shall comfort thee. 

Is this a striker I see before me? 

Alas poor Weimann, I knew him well. 

Et tu Gary? 

Top post (but forgiveth me if I swapeth the John Smith's for a better tipple ?

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we have any tech geniuses on our hands, it would be great to pick out Max Lowe's input from this game. I honestly couldn't think of a better left back performance in years. He just seemed to be on absolutely everything. We have a Derby Goals on youtube, maybe a Derby Defence would work too... 

On 23/07/2018 at 12:24, Shang said:

Lawrence full of confidence, clearly got a point to prove. Playing more of inside forward, cuts in a lot earlier than last season, positioning and movement similar to Gareth Bales last season for Spurs.

So, basically on a treatment table in Madrid?

2 hours ago, richinspain said:

"For Spurs"? ?. Re-reading it I presume you mean "Gareth Bale's IN HIS last season for Spurs" (not being pedantic, literally read it as if Bale was at Spurs last year).

That would make sense if I wrote 'Gareth Bale last season' without the 's' at the end of the name.

Archived