Mason Mount - Signed on a season long loan

Cam the Ram

17 minutes ago, Mr Giggles said:

That's quite interesting actually, which managers was it?

https://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/how-the-football-manager-video-game-became-a-real-life-football-manager-1321062

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3929830/Inside-Football-Manager-managers-using-train-Porto-employee-got-big-break-thanks-game-Sportsmail-speaks-one-FM2017-s-creators.html

From my time as a beta tester then moderator of Football Manager Live (the online version of FM) I know that 2 minor national team managers were playing and used it as a tool for research and the staff at SI told us that 1 Premier League manager not only played regularly but used it as a research tool also.  This was 10 years ago, the database is much more advanced now.

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

That explains our last run at the top!

Definitely explains some of our signings.

1 hour ago, maxjam said:

https://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/how-the-football-manager-video-game-became-a-real-life-football-manager-1321062

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3929830/Inside-Football-Manager-managers-using-train-Porto-employee-got-big-break-thanks-game-Sportsmail-speaks-one-FM2017-s-creators.html

From my time as a beta tester then moderator of Football Manager Live (the online version of FM) I know that 2 minor national team managers were playing and used it as a tool for research and the staff at SI told us that 1 Premier League manager not only played regularly but used it as a research tool also.  This was 10 years ago, the database is much more advanced now.

Supposedly it was Moyes at Everton

1 hour ago, cannable said:

You say that as if Palmer wasn’t on loan here last season and the Eredivisie isn’t on Sky… Football Manager’s poo

I say that as someone that is actually big enough to admit that he has never ever heard of Mount, has no idea where he plays or if he is any good at all....and saw every minute Palmer “played” for us last season and could not tell you one thing about his game at all...

but hey, honesty is frowned upon isn’t it.!?

1 minute ago, MK-Ram said:

Supposedly it was Moyes at Everton

Sounds about right, although I don't recall them telling us who it was.

Just been trying desperately to remember who one of the guys was that played regularly, had to search a load of countries to find him... Stephen Constantine; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Constantine.

He was a moderator on the server I played on, not only was I the lead mod and could tell him what to do, but I was a better manager than him too - I've wasted my talent ? Tried to find a screenshot of the game, best I could find is my club badge (I was living in Alrewas at the time, hence the name).  Pity it never took off, it was much more fun than the offline version that everyone knows now - the vast majority of people couldn't cope with losing or being able to reload the game after every defeat however ?

ALREWAS1 copy.png

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Seen either of them play much..? Football manager is the source of all knowledge 

I will hold my hand up and say I haven't watched a single game Mount play but I'm kinda excited by the possible signing. 

As with any player linked with us that I've not heard of I do a quick background check, whoscored stats, see what he's about, very rarely do I then venture on to YouTube, but his stats were very impressive, seriously impressive. 

So I checked the YouTubes and boy is he impressive in a show reel. 

Now I would usually be slightly reserved still, but with Lampard and Morris in charge, they will know all about Mount, this won't be a kid they have looked at the stats and watched him for a couple of games and not really know what to do with him.

If they want him, they will know why and you would hope play in a system that they have identified a position for him. 

When you start reading up on him other things come out, player of the season at Vitesse, Frank Lampard is the player he looks up to and trying to emulate. 

Couple of months ago I wouldn't have a clue who he is, now I want him more than my missus. 

I also wanted Jacob Butterfield for what it's worth.

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

I say that as someone that is actually big enough to admit that he has never ever heard of Mount, has no idea where he plays or if he is any good at all....and saw every minute Palmer “played” for us last season and could not tell you one thing about his game at all...

but hey, honesty is frowned upon isn’t it.!?

Okay 

I’m sure different people watch more or less football and of differing levels 

1 hour ago, David said:

I will hold my hand up and say I haven't watched a single game Mount play but I'm kinda excited by the possible signing. 

As with any player linked with us that I've not heard of I do a quick background check, whoscored stats, see what he's about, very rarely do I then venture on to YouTube, but his stats were very impressive, seriously impressive. 

So I checked the YouTubes and boy is he impressive in a show reel. 

Now I would usually be slightly reserved still, but with Lampard and Morris in charge, they will know all about Mount, this won't be a kid they have looked at the stats and watched him for a couple of games and not really know what to do with him.

If they want him, they will know why and you would hope play in a system that they have identified a position for him. 

When you start reading up on him other things come out, player of the season at Vitesse, Frank Lampard is the player he looks up to and trying to emulate. 

Couple of months ago I wouldn't have a clue who he is, now I want him more than my missus. 

I also wanted Jacob Butterfield for what it's worth.

That was such a long post it must have been the Sermon on the Mount ?

23 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

That was such a long post it must have been the Sermon on the Mount ?

Was going to say I’ve got a longer one coming, but with i Rams earlier post I better not. 

There's an odd twitter account that seems in some way linked to Mount. Posted lots about him coming to Derby. Liked by Trevor Mount. He seemed to incorrectly post something about Ajax a couple of weeks ago. Can't work out if he has contact with Mount or he is a stalker. 

Archived