Mason Mount - Signed on a season long loan

Cam the Ram

2 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Promising. Those stats, in a fairly reputable league & in that position is an exciting proposition. Let’s hope the Lampard connection will help us get it over the line.  

What those stats don’t tell you though is just how good he is at picking up the ball from deep and beating players.

He is a really dangerous, creative midfielder and he’ll end up at the top. Very Tom Cairney like. But as I said, PSV are desperate for him I think. 

• Replies 581
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

What those stats don’t tell you though is just how good he is at picking up the ball from deep and beating players.

He is a really dangerous, creative midfielder and he’ll end up at the top. Very Tom Cairney like. But as I said, PSV are desperate for him I think. 

Just watched some of that YouTube video and he loves to run at players. He looks the sort of player to get you off your seat which is something we need. 

2 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Perhaps Chelsea want him to be tried in England. He’s already proven he is more than capable in that division. As Dyche just posted, he is compared to some with Lampard. So why not let him develop here! 

I’ve just dropped a good friend of mine who is a huge Chelsea fan a text. He said Mount is regarded as their best youth prospect outside he crop who have played for Chelsea. 

Modric also needs irn bru and haggis. I think not. 

Mounting pressure to make a mountumental signing. 

A mountie always gets his man. Frank always gets his mount(ie). 

Frank to sign a job lot from Chelsea. DCFC becomes feeder club for Chelsea. We feed all their players. 

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

All I am reading from Chelsea fans on Twitter is that he is way too good for the championship. Apparently he is a wanted man in Germany. Sounds like this would be a coup if Frank can pull it off

Should be noted that Lampard is his all time favourite player, and who he's said in multiple interviews he's trying to emulate.

*SEEMS* to me to be a no brainer to get coached by the man you're trying to emulate, regardless of the league. But that's just my cold logic talking.

Just now, SaintRam said:

Should be noted that Lampard is his all time favourite player, and who he's said in multiple interviews he's trying to emulate.

*SEEMS* to me to be a no brainer to get coached by the man you're trying to emulate, regardless of the league. But that's just my cold logic talking.

And the man who's evidently helped him get this far in his young career in Jody Morris...

3 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

All I am reading from Chelsea fans on Twitter is that he is way too good for the championship. Apparently he is a wanted man in Germany. Sounds like this would be a coup if Frank can pull it off

Werder Bremen want him as do Ajax and PSV. Ajax might be best destination to replace their star man Frenkie De Jong who Barcelona are heavily linked with. He’s a very good player.

"My goal is to play at the highest level I can," he explains. "To get to the top, that’s the goal of every young football player. I want to play in the Champions League; that’s the pinnacle of club football. I am working towards that. I am working hard in training every day to achieve that.

"I am working on my finishing. I want to score more goals and make more assists. That’s definitely my target: make as many goals and assists as I can. I work on my finishing with my right and left foot, my corners, free-kicks and my all-round game.

"When I was growing up and playing for Chelsea, Frank Lampard is someone that I would always watch. He is a goalscoring midfielder. I was watching his games, his goals and how he arrives into the box. He is always in the right position, so that’s something I try to look at and emulate

Full interview http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/meet-mason-mount-chelseas-lampard-loving-loanee-taking-the/wmoirkxgx1in1as7z42rwcx7p

7 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

& by your former coach in Jody Morris 

Archived