Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

How is Waghorn suddenly so highly rated? Always looked like a bang average player at this level to me, am I missing something?

If we are dropping that sort of fee I would rather see it go on Marriott to be honest and I am not sure we need both.

16 goals and 11 assists in a really poor Ipswich team last season. Played up front, out wide and behind the striker so could be quite useful for us

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

How is Waghorn suddenly so highly rated? Always looked like a bang average player at this level to me, am I missing something?

If we are dropping that sort of fee I would rather see it go on Marriott to be honest and I am not sure we need both.

If Vydra, Nugent and Martin all leave, a case could be made for needing both. 

The fees being waved about are almost certainly way above the mark. We know for a fact P'boro arent asking for 6m for Marriott, Chairman said the asking fee wasnt that high.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

16 goals 11 assists last season, with less than half his games as an out and out striker, playing left wing, right, attacking midfielder. Impressive stats, and seems the style of player that would work well in our system

Just now, Cam the Ram said:

16 goals and 11 assists in a really poor Ipswich team last season. Played up front, out wide and behind the striker so could be quite useful for us

If we sign him we need to get behind him. Seems about double what I would have expected to pay mind...

4 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

He was good against us at home last season. 

Just now, ThePrisoner said:

Alan Nixon is not a beacon of knowledge. The only thing he’d be good at is a beacon at the top of a lighthouse. 

Why would he be good at that?

Are you calling him bright?

Just now, Jimbo Ram said:

If we sign him we need to get behind him. Seems about double what I would have expected to pay mind...

At least it looks like we'll have a number of options in the attacking areas if any aren't performing. Last season Rowett continued with Weimann and Lawrence after poor performances because Russell left and Thomas wasn't trusted by him

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Impressive season but still too similar to Nick Blackman for me. One good season at this level and he'll turn 29 during the upcoming season. He would still be a gamble. As a joint record signing, I don't think you can afford that to be a gamble.

The only positive is I can't see us bidding £8m. If we have then it'll be accepted in an instant, and if not then Ipswich are bigger fools than us.

2 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

He’s one of those annoying plix when he plays against us, not a fan because he irritates the ? out of me. 

That being said he might just be one of those Robbie Savage or David Speedie types. ???‍♂️

What...………...cr*p???

This is not a trusted source (it gets the odd bit right) but a part exchange would make a lot of sense in this situation, with FFP and all

All got very interesting hasn’t it 

waghorn I believe would be a very good signing - obviously at a lower price than Ipswich want 

it looks more likely that Vydra will be off at some point 

or/and

lawrance just showed that he can score goals against an established premiership team - just maybe one of them has put in a very large bid which has opened our signing opportunities - maybe even Southampton themselves ( Hughes does pay silly money)

Archived