Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we replaced Vydra & Martin with Waghorn & Marriott I would think its for similar price in total but wages combined would be much lower which is the main issue.

Weimann pretty much covered Jozefzoon so would be break even on transfer fees.

Daily Mail article does say a deal worth 8m, could be much lower than that with addons

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

We haven't got £11mil for Vydra yet.

His stats are impressive for last season, but that's it. The Rangers spell doesn't hold much ground for me. If he'd had seasons like that at this level for two or three levels consecutively, then yeah maybe.

But the facts are he's 28 years old and he's hit double figures three times in his career. Once was in the Scottish second-tier, another time was nine seasons ago.

This would just seem like Blackman all over again.

Not physically got the 11m but we are meant to have got an 11m bid, you said about us not being able to get 11m for him

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

Not physically got the 11m but we are meant to have got an 11m bid, you said about us not being able to get 11m for him

Until he's sold for £11m, we haven't got £11m for him though have we? If Waghorn is really worth £8m then teams should be queuing up for Vydra at £3m more.

6 Million for 23 year old Marriot for me seems the far better deal than 8 Million for 28 year old Waghorn. Waghorn's best position of late has also been wide right, its not like we need a wide man. Would rather keep Lawrence. 

Buying Waghorn for me only makes sense if Vydra, Martin and Nugent/Jerome is off (and Marriott comes in). 

Id be happy with the acquisition of Waghorn.

We wouldn't know the fee until somoene intelligent looked through the FFP breakdowns over the next few seasons, so I will choose to assume its low and reasonable, due to the fact that we are being very careful around FFP.

Does not make sense to risk it all now.

Suggests to me that a deal for one of our players (probs Vydra) is some way down the line and the fee covers both Mariott and Waghorn.

Archived