Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

14 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Absolutely yes to this one, he is a Jamie Ward with hamstrings and yes we would play him wide right I would expect 

he would not be playing central at all in my opinion - this would be a very good signing and he can take an excellent set piece.

we all know clough was able to spot a diamond and he wanted this one a lot if people need a recommendation 

Ahhh someone who could take a decent set piece, what a novelty.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Absolutely yes to this one, he is a Jamie Ward with hamstrings and yes we would play him wide right I would expect 

he would not be playing central at all in my opinion - this would be a very good signing and he can take an excellent set piece.

we all know clough was able to spot a diamond and he wanted this one a lot if people need a recommendation 

I'd take Waghorn if the idea was to play him wide - I've been crying out for a new Jamie Ward for ages (actually I thought we should just get THE Jamie Ward back) - But someone with that desire and passion plus a bit of talent is what we need (#BringbackmyJonny)

But not sure Clough was necessarily a genius when it came to transfers - I'd say we picked up 2 bang average players for every decent player - McClaren had a much better hit-rate for me

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

I'd take Waghorn if the idea was to play him wide - I've been crying out for a new Jamie Ward for ages (actually I thought we should just get THE Jamie Ward back) - But someone with that desire and passion plus a bit of talent is what we need (#BringbackmyJonny)

But not sure Clough was necessarily a genius when it came to transfers - I'd say we picked up 2 bang average players for every decent player - McClaren had a much better hit-rate for me

In fairness clough only had tuppence though 

9 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

£200,000 last season but he is worth what anyone pays 

Better than Weiman imo. We got £2 million for Weiman. Coutinho cost £8 mill sold for £160 million and worth even more now!!! 

49 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

In fairness clough only had tuppence though 

So did McClaren the first time around - Morris didn't come in until the end of McClaren time (Morris' first act being to sack him) - But McClaren managed to bring in a series of loan and permanent players who were a step above

2 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

So did McClaren the first time around - Morris didn't come in until the end of McClaren time (Morris' first act being to sack him) - But McClaren managed to bring in a series of loan and permanent players who were a step above

Partly correct. I believe MM purchased 50% before the play off final which became 100% towards the end the 2014/15 season.

46 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Partly correct. I believe MM purchased 50% before the play off final which became 100% towards the end the 2014/15 season.

Sorry, I should have been more clear - He didn't have control until the end of the McClaren time - And I think his share was a lot smaller than 50% before that time

2 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Makes me really pissed off when I look at some of our fans reaction on twitter to this. 

From the local Leeds press it appears that Vydra has asked for more money. Is that Lampards fault? No. Is it Morris fault? No. But according to our fans it is. 

Leeds are the only club in for him. If they feel his wage demands are too high. Then what on earth can we do about it? 

Also Burke. Apparently we really hard up now cos we can't afford Burke or convince him to come here over Hull. 

As far as I'm aware the only paper to say we were in for Burke is the Sun? 

Is your head up mels arse? Mel signed off on the wages Vydra is on at the worst level of his form. He’s now coming off the form of his life and another club won’t pay him the same or more depending on the rumours you believe? But no it would never be mels fault, he only sprinkles magic dust and has nothing to do with any poor decisions at the club

3 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Is your head up mels arse? Mel signed off on the wages Vydra is on at the worst level of his form. He’s now coming off the form of his life and another club won’t pay him the same or more depending on the rumours you believe? But no it would never be mels fault, he only sprinkles magic dust and has nothing to do with any poor decisions at the club

image.png.c0362924b865d24b4db8c4dd14e2b06d.png

54 minutes ago, DontTrustTheDevilInside said:

Why is that poor from mel you moron we would never have bought vydra if the wages were not good he was coming from a prem team

Right, I need to get my head round this... Derby fans are angry at Mel Morris because Leeds can't afford to increase his wages from what he's on here? 

I'm sure if I read it enough I'll be able to understand why some people are angry. 

?

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

Sorry, I should have been more clear - He didn't have control until the end of the McClaren time - And I think his share was a lot smaller than 50% before that time

He bought 20% before the play off final.

This was when he was appointed chairman.

GSE then asked him to bring forward his next planned investment, to cover running costs of the next season, this he did in return for the appropriate share, plus extra money he invested on top to improve the training ground, for which he received no immediate benefit.

He took full control around the time McClaren was sacked.

2 hours ago, Ramet said:

Why is that poor from mel you moron we would never have bought vydra if the wages were not good he was coming from a prem team

Selling/loaning one of your last two strikers and buying a player who hasn’t scored many goals in a previous season and doesn’t perform on his own up front to play on his own up front is poor business. Particularly for 8mill and his wages. The fact it’s worked out since you could say was obvious but a couple of managers didn’t... Rowett has made it happen not Mel. Has it worked out... yes... was there more luck than judgement by Mel... yes. Could that money and wages have been spent better... yes. Am I grateful he’s put his money in as a supporter... yes. If he wants to take the glory and pose with half the signings should he be immune to criticism... no! The fact still remains what was paid and agreed whether that was needed to get him was far too much and has been shown that even after Poty awards and top goal scorer records there isn’t a load of clubs after him at lets be honest a pitiful profit for the differences in form.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Right, I need to get my head round this... Derby fans are angry at Mel Morris because Leeds can't afford to increase his wages from what he's on here? 

I'm sure if I read it enough I'll be able to understand why some people are angry. 

?

Who’s angry... but if you think our transfer dealing in the last few years have been well ran you’re on cloud cuckoo land and some accountability has to go to the top. 

Archived