Martyn Waghorny - Signed on a 3 year deal

Carnero

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WAGHORN SET FOR DERBY MEDICAL

Martyn Waghorn is due to have a medical at Derby County later today, after the Ipswich striker turned down the chance to join Middlesbrough, Sky Sports News understands.

Derby matched Boro’s bid of £5m, and the player has now agreed personal terms with the East Midlands club.

3 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I swear some are so fickle on here. Look through the posts before yesterdays news...everyone saying how we dodged a bullet, now he's the best thing since sliced bread. We are so top heavy we have enough attacking players to form another team.

Am more concerned about the effect  this will have with the increase in the population of Derby.The way it's going if we don't ship players out a major redevelopment of schools and housing will be required,let alone new roads, bigger car parks ect.It's not as though I dont struggle to get a dental appointment at the best of time.

Must be plans to lose the likes of Vydra, Blackman,Martin,Anya in the forth coming days.?

13 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

I swear some are so fickle on here. Look through the posts before yesterdays news...everyone saying how we dodged a bullet, now he's the best thing since sliced bread. We are so top heavy we have enough attacking players to form another team.

No fickleness here @jimbobram

I think the same as yesterday, not impressed by this one little bit! For exactly the same reasons given yesterday  

Happy to be proved wrong, but at this point my opinion is unequivocally unimpressed by this just as yesterday and before. 

I’m getting the feeling we are buying too many... I’ve backed all of Franks buys so far and I was behind this one when I thought Vydra was off to Leeds but we will have a squad of about 35 players when this completes with no one interested in any of our players.... I can see this going wrong because we don’t seem to be buying any sort of balance, we could do with a competitive player for Bryson’s role and a full back. Waghorn is definitely a good player in the championship but where does he play I know he can play on the wing cutting in on his left but I’m also excited about Wilson. It looks as if we are trying to buy our success again rather than investing in the shrewd signings we have made so far.  However I would be much happier if we could get some strikers off our books as well.

I can't say I was overly impressed when we were linked with Waghorn, I am still not too sure if he will be a success at Derby.

What I will say is, I trust Lamps.  Waghorn scored 16 championship goals last season, he set up a further 11 goals, that doesn't tend to happen for a poor player.

In the days of Nigel Clough, if we signed a player from League 2 who had scored 16 goals and 11 assists we would be over the moon, let alone someone who has proven himself in the Championship.

Just now, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I can't say I was overly impressed when we were linked with Waghorn, I am still not too sure if he will be a success at Derby.

What I will say is, I trust Lamps.  Waghorn scored 16 championship goals last season, he set up a further 11 goals, that doesn't tend to happen for a poor player.

In the days of Nigel Clough, if we signed a player from League 2 who had scored 16 goals and 11 assists we would be over the moon, let alone someone who has proven himself in the Championship.

Blackman scored 11 goals before Christmas.

17 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

The same people said that? Or different people?

Indeed. Different people.

(I did check though, you have to be sure on places like this ?)

I swear some people think they're talking to the same 10 people on here.

10 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Am more concerned about the effect  this will have with the increase in the population of Derby.The way it's going if we don't ship players out a major redevelopment of schools and housing will be required,let alone new roads, bigger car parks ect.It's not as though I dont struggle to get a dental appointment at the best of time.

Must be plans to lose the likes of Vydra, Blackman,Martin,Anya in the forth coming days.?

Players will go why worry ??...exciting times to be a ram ??

3 minutes ago, jimbobram said:

Blackman scored 11 goals before Christmas.

Blackman found himself in a position where anything he touched went in, then his luck dried up and he hadn't scored for 3 months before we signed him.

Waghorn did it consistently all season.

The assists added to the goals he scored makes it more impressive.

that was when he had his flash in the plan and we spunked cash on him. Waghorn as been scoring goals regularly. plus Waghorn gives us work rate, a work rate that his higher than the current forwards on our books apart from marriott (he has not played yet so judgment is with held)  Waghorn also supplys goals to other players and as a decent freekick plus the new manager wants him and thinks he will complement the way he wants to play move on from the other forwards on the books a few will be shipped out very soon 

10 minutes ago, DcfcJB said:

I’m getting the feeling we are buying too many... I’ve backed all of Franks buys so far and I was behind this one when I thought Vydra was off to Leeds but we will have a squad of about 35 players when this completes with no one interested in any of our players.... I can see this going wrong because we don’t seem to be buying any sort of balance, we could do with a competitive player for Bryson’s role and a full back. Waghorn is definitely a good player in the championship but where does he play I know he can play on the wing cutting in on his left but I’m also excited about Wilson. It looks as if we are trying to buy our success again rather than investing in the shrewd signings we have made so far.  However I would be much happier if we could get some strikers off our books as well.

You’re not paying the wage bill are you? Players will go do not worry ...none of us know how much interest there is in any of our players but you have to trust Mel and Frank

This is a really exciting time to be a rams fan ....enjoy it ??Let Mel sort out the finances and Frank the squad ??

Archived