Bugger all happening

oldtimeram

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone says they are happy with the team but if vydra goes where does everyone see the goals coming from if pour happy we don't get anyone wasn't to next goalscorer to vydra on like 8 or sumat so he basically tripled everyone on goalscoring 

8 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Everyone says they are happy with the team but if vydra goes where does everyone see the goals coming from if pour happy we don't get anyone wasn't to next goalscorer to vydra on like 8 or sumat so he basically tripled everyone on goalscoring 

That was the same worry when Ince was shipped(and Martin before that). I’m not saying we can replace one golden boot with another one...but I’m not too fussed about losing Vyds (if that happens). Goals will come. From where...that’s up to the players and Lampard to figure. 

13 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Mbhanny said:

we are still sitting on a side that fired (well, limped) into the playoffs. Still some quality in the side.

Can't sit still and you cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear , don't see that side getting into the top six this season more like top ten at best 

1 minute ago, JG400 said:

Can't sit still and you cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear , don't see that side getting into the top six this season more like top ten at best 

I hear ya. I just think we can accomplish quite a bit with less turnover then some seem to want. I’m advocate for trimming the side, giving a couple of youth a go, and bringing in only a couple new faces to start the season. 

I think that approach will provide financial relief while not hurting our chances to perform. 

16 minutes ago, JG400 said:

In football, you can clearly make a silk purse from a sows ear. It happens all the time.

People are obssessed with signing new players and clearing out the 'deadwood' all the time, when it's so obviouly down to systems and how the players all function as a team. Players continuously look good/bad at one place, then the opposite at the next.

Butters is totally and utterly rubbish now, but he was really good at his last place.

Chris Martin was pretty average for a few seasons before we took him on loan.

Forsyth couldn't get a game in a weak Watfotd team.

Vydra was deadwood for us 2 seasons ago.

Lawrence was a goal machine at Ipswich.

11 hours ago, feisty said:

I would be perfectly happy if we signed nobody and blooded Elsnik, Guy and played one of Bennett, Thomas, Gordon on the wing.  I actually reckon Blackman could do ok this year too.

It's a transition year for me.  And I'd be more than happy to shift a few out and play some youngsters  

That sounds really good, and I'd love that to pay off, but bringing a lot of youngsters through at the same time is very risky. Lampard is in his first job in management, he will want to do as best he can

We have been linked with the below players (I may have missed a couple), as far as I am aware not a single 1 of them has moved clubs so no need to panic.

John Terry

Robert Huth

John Souttar

Reece Burke

Jay Dasilva

Kasey Palmer

John McGinn

James Morrison

Tom Bayliss

Florian Jozefzoon

Harry Wilson

Marcus Maddison

Jack Marriott

Tammy Abraham

McGinn looks likely to go Celtic + Bobby Reid went Cardiff but neither will have gone to rivals

Remember how excited we all were when Derby were going mad in 15/16. Transfer activity every week. Look how that turned out!

Pleased with Derby’s business so far. Selling Weimann is a good move, did well for us and had right attitude but his quality at crucial times was lacking. Selling him means we have both him and Russell to replace, could be two signings or stand up Luke Thomas!

I have a feeling the loan deadline of end of August is Derby’s main focus

I’ve been reasonably calm that we’d get stuff sorted but I must admit I’m starting to get a little concerned now, not with the lack of confirmed signings but the lack of serious rumoured moves really. Not quite time to worry just yet tho, see how this week goes now we’re back from Tenerife, stuff needs to start moving this week imo or we’ll get left behind. Don’t want another Pearson summer window.

Signings don’t just magically appear one day as someone decided to go into the office and make a quick phone call, so to say bugger all is happening is simply not true.

We have a new manager that has not had the luxury of a previous season identifying and sounding out postential targets for the summer window, it’s going to take a little longer, patience is required.

As for departures the club was blasted for what we believed to be the first offer for Will Hughes, now they appear to be holding out for the best price players are being asked to do one now. Players that a just few weeks ago were sending us wild sticking the ball in the net.

Pretty sure Lampard and the rest of the squad would have preferred to have the summer transfer business done and dusted now, even more so than the fans.

Pretty sure the club would like the best possible deal financially for our players, even more so than the fans.

We have a month till the window shuts, one month, plenty of time left on the clock to be getting our knickers in a twist already.

55 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Remember how excited we all were when Derby were going mad in 15/16. Transfer activity every week. Look how that turned out!

Pleased with Derby’s business so far. Selling Weimann is a good move, did well for us and had right attitude but his quality at crucial times was lacking. Selling him means we have both him and Russell to replace, could be two signings or stand up Luke Thomas!

I have a feeling the loan deadline of end of August is Derby’s main focus

Personally I wasn’t excited by all the signings we made at that time in fact I was more disappointed mainly because thorne hughes and Bryson all picked up bad injuries- transfers we made that I was pleased about Ince Carson Davies because they were improvements on what we had and eventually vydra because he was a quality goalscorer in the championship and would have proved very successful next to Martin - but we have never tried that !

Yes lets not sign anyone and have a crap season. You mention youth but youth can only play if good enough for the Championship? When have any of out youngsters other than Bennett shown in a championship game that they are good enough? which league were Elsnik and Gordon in last year? Lampard wouldn't of come to derby to just finish 14th and have a quiet season. He wants to achieve something so expect players to come in and make the team better.

Archived