Bugger all happening

oldtimeram

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

If it wasn't for the World Cup , I would be a bit naffed off with the lack of activity at Derby. 

Signings are always exciting. Looking forward to a couple new faces in the squad! However- we are still sitting on a side that fired (well, limped) into the playoffs. Still some quality in the side.

I expect far more out-then-in this summer; and I’m happy about that. I still would expect top ten (playoff push) this year, even if we don’t turnover too many starters. This is still a good side. 

As long as we get two quality wingers, I'll be content, we do have a good squad. Imo we only need two quality wingers and maybe a left back to compete for top 6. I think the lack of activity is down to good players not being available yet, or too expensive at the moment. 

Would you rather we just got ripped off by Leeds with a crap vydra fee, just so we can get players in. Relax, im glad derby are sticking to their valuation of Vyds. It will get done and transfers will start moving....

In the mean time.....

it's coming home!!!

We don't necessarily need to buy in loads of new players. Some good loans will do while we're trying to move some players on. I'd sooner wait to get the right fees for players like Vydra rather than selling them for stupidly low amounts like the £8m which was quoted. 

I would be perfectly happy if we signed nobody and blooded Elsnik, Guy and played one of Bennett, Thomas, Gordon on the wing.  I actually reckon Blackman could do ok this year too.

It's a transition year for me.  And I'd be more than happy to shift a few out and play some youngsters  

8 minutes ago, feisty said:

I would be perfectly happy if we signed nobody and blooded Elsnik, Guy and played one of Bennett, Thomas, Gordon on the wing.  I actually reckon Blackman could do ok this year too.

It's a transition year for me.  And I'd be more than happy to shift a few out and play some youngsters  

A man after my own heart!

I'd be quite comfortable with a consolidation season if we use it to give some of the younger players a chance...

Carson

Wisdom, Davies, Keogh

Huddlestone

Bogle, Lawrence, Elsnik, Lowe

Jerome, Bennett

Archived