Florian Jozefzoon - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

2 minutes ago, gccrowdpleaser said:

It was a weak area for us last year. Weimann has gone. Anya sounds like he may be going. Blackman isn't a winger. 

Thomas is promising but has had one good game. Bennett is injury prone. 

That would leave us with Lawrence and Wilson for the wide positions. 

The system played at Notts requires high energy and fitness in particular from those positions. That is unsustainable Sat/Tues with a low number of bodies. 

Our midweek results were comparatively poor last year because playing the same players over. OK for defenders but if your 6 other outfield players nerd high energy press to make the system work then you nerd bodies with pace and energy. 

I agree with this. We left ourselves ridiculously weak in wide areas last season. Wingers tend to pick up injuries more frequently and suffer more fluctuations in form due to the nature of the position. It is no surprise that our best season in recent memory came when we had four strong options (Ward, Russell, Dawkins, Bamford) in the position and could comfortably rotate them to keep ourselves fresh and the opposition guessing about potential threats.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think if we are promoted this season...brilliant...but the masterplan is for the season after. All the old men are out of contract and we will have a young but experienced side that will only need tweaking. The loans will have gone back but our ready made home grown players will be there to step in. Perhaps lol

1 minute ago, SaintRam said:

I think they will get chance to do so. What we're doing is basically replacing our entire pool of wingers.

Weimann's gone. Anya's leaving (apparently). I doubt Blackman's going to be in FL's plans. 

That leaves Wilson, Lawrence, Jozefzoon, Thomas, Bennett across 2 positions that are fairly notorious positions for the picking up short term knocks. You wouldn't want to go into a season with only 2-3 wingers. Especially with the possibility that Lawrence could move central.

Exactly what i thought but you wrote it 

A bit more from the Brentford forum, for those who find this sort of stuff interesting:

"I know Zoom is probably off...but on some days he was considerably more than one eleventh of the team and made a big difference in certain games providing much of the danger. He will be a loss so we'll have to hope others step up like Canos/Benrahma/Ogbene."

"Best outcome for me would be that it's for a non-championship club, as he's a good player, so I'd prefer to see anyone other than our rivals strengthened."

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Pure speculation but we know Rowett and stoke are struggling to get wingers so maybe they have slipped in a bid for Lawrence that is acceptable to us? 

It would need to be a very large bid in my opinion 

5 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Pure speculation but we know Rowett and stoke are struggling to get wingers so maybe they have slipped in a bid for Lawrence that is acceptable to us? 

I think under a manager who actually wants us to have the ball, Lawrence could become a very good player and I suspect he won't have to do it all himself!

14 minutes ago, superzak said:

I think if we are promoted this season...brilliant...but the masterplan is for the season after. All the old men are out of contract and we will have a young but experienced side that will only need tweaking. The loans will have gone back but our ready made home grown players will be there to step in. Perhaps lol

Regarding the loan situation, if (and that's a massive if) we were to get promoted, it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that we may be able to keep the loanees for another season. If we'd done right by them and Chelsea/Liverpool wanted them tested in the Premier League but not necessarily by themselves, then we'd be in prime position.

Frank, while looking the coolest guy alive has a master plan and you will have to be good not to be roasted by our four wingers. Play against one for 60 minutes then get another free for 30 minutes! Fastest team in the league is emerging. FLDCFC rules OK. 

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Frank, while looking the coolest guy alive has a master plan and you will have to be good not to be roasted by our four wingers. Play against one for 60 minutes then get another free for 30 minutes! Fastest team in the league is emerging. FLDCFC rules OK. 

Just need someone uptop to bang them in consistently ? 

Striker and fullback will be turning up soon, I suspect. Books still about level in Frank era after Weimann and compensation now Florian Marc Jozefzoon is on his way. 

Frank has brains and is planning to win the league, make no mistake about that. 

If he wants Marriott, he will be coming here.

The word is on the street - Frank is building a Championship version of Chelsea/Man City. Derby is the place to go if you want to show your skills. 

1 minute ago, Rampage said:

Striker and fullback will be turning up soon, I suspect. Books still about level in Frank era after Weimann and compensation now Florian Marc Jozefzoon is on his way. 

Frank has brains and is planning to win the league, make no mistake about that. 

If he wants Marriott, he will be coming here.

The word is on the street - Frank is building a Championship version of Chelsea/Man City. Derby is the place to go if you want to show your skills. 

Are you drunk? ? 

If we can see which positions need strengthening how can Frank not see it and more? 

He said that we will be 'at it' when the season starts. 

He knows which players will not be good enough, so those positions will be strengthened by end of August. 

23 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Brentford have accepted an offer from Derby County for Florian Jozefzoon. 

https://www.westlondonsport.com/brentford/derby-county-and-leeds-united-bees-jozefzoon-bid#.W086etQYV_M.twitter

Really like this signing. We've got serious strength in depth out wide now. Can't see him being a starter over Wilson or Lawrence. But his pace could be a serious weapon to bring off the bench.

Archived