Florian Jozefzoon - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

Brentford boss Dean Smith confirmed last night that they had accepted a bid from an unnamed club for Florian Jozefzoon. 

Sky Sports News understands the bid is from Derby County. It is also understood that other clubs have made offers for Jozefzoon but they have failed to meet the Bees’ valuation.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Hathersage Ram said:

Brentford boss Dean Smith confirmed last night that they had accepted a bid from an unnamed club for Florian Jozefzoon. 

Sky Sports News understands the bid is from Derby County. It is also understood that other clubs have made offers for Jozefzoon but they have failed to meet the Bees’ valuation.

Oooooo aaaahhhhhh

2 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ok then, I’ll have to withdrawal my comment saying leeds can have him. Best winger in the league trust me, may as well be signing Ronaldo 

Welcome to the foot in mouth club @Millenniumram I did something similar earlier 

2 members and growing, might have to buy foot in mouth ties and t-shirts soon 

It was a weak area for us last year. Weimann has gone. Anya sounds like he may be going. Blackman isn't a winger. 

Thomas is promising but has had one good game. Bennett is injury prone. 

That would leave us with Lawrence and Wilson for the wide positions. 

The system played at Notts requires high energy and fitness in particular from those positions. That is unsustainable Sat/Tues with a low number of bodies. 

Our midweek results were comparatively poor last year because playing the same players over. OK for defenders but if your 6 other outfield players nerd high energy press to make the system work then you nerd bodies with pace and energy. 

21 minutes ago, DcFc Dyycheee said:

Nice. Hopefully can get that done.

Wilson, Lawrence, Thomas and Jozefzoon as our wide options is very impressive. 

I'm hoping this will mean Lawrence can play centrally, much better there in my opinion.

Jozefzoon and Wilson with competition from Thomas and Bennett, please!

I know nothing about this guy. Obviously a lot of talk around Brentford's squad and the talent they have but can't remember this guy being mentioned. 

Again if the reports are true, we'd be getting another different option on the wing to what we currently have which is only a good thing. If we end up playing 3 up top then a fluid three could be really exciting. My only concern would be a lack of anyone to hold the ball up but dependent on how we play I suppose. 

Do hope its not an Abdoul Camara part deux! 

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I'm a little disappointed. I wanted to see Thomas and Bennett pushing for a starting spot.

I think they will get chance to do so. What we're doing is basically replacing our entire pool of wingers.

Weimann's gone. Anya's leaving (apparently). I doubt Blackman's going to be in FL's plans. 

That leaves Wilson, Lawrence, Jozefzoon, Thomas, Bennett across 2 positions that are fairly notorious positions for the picking up short term knocks. You wouldn't want to go into a season with only 2-3 wingers. Especially with the possibility that Lawrence could move central.

Archived