Florian Jozefzoon - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

2 hours ago, eddie said:

Is this one of those "We've heard enough from experts" things? You know, a Goveism? Asking for a friend (who may or may not be an expert)

Since they banned interpolation, I guessed that there would be a problem sooner or later. ?

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Yes indeedy  but all in the best possible taste. Frank is trying to deal with players signed by six different managers. 

That’s madness that this is actually a thing 

6 managers worth of players 

good grief

23 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

That’s madness that this is actually a thing 

6 managers worth of players 

good grief

Only 4 managers signed pĺayers

1 hour ago, Ramet said:

Only 4 managers signed pĺayers

Clough, McLaren (2 stints) Clement, Pearson & Rowett. I make that 5 managers unless my maths is wrong. Can't think of any first team players who've been here since before Clough Jr. ?!? Wassall didn't sign anyone that I recall in his brief spell as caretaker (out of transfer window).

12 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Clough, McLaren (2 stints) Clement, Pearson & Rowett. I make that 5 managers unless my maths is wrong. Can't think of any first team players who've been here since before Clough Jr. ?!? Wassall didn't sign anyone that I recall in his brief spell as caretaker (out of transfer window).

Forgot Chris Powell but I think his short stint was outside the transfer window also.

8 hours ago, Rampage said:

Yes indeedy  but all in the best possible taste. Frank is trying to deal with players signed by six different managers. 

Of course, if we’d actually bothered to instill the “Derby Way” instead of wholesale backroom staff changes and differing football philosophies, then the number of players brought in under different regimes would have been inconsequential.

2 hours ago, cosmic said:

Of course, if we’d actually bothered to instill the “Derby Way” instead of wholesale backroom staff changes and differing football philosophies, then the number of players brought in under different regimes would have been inconsequential.

Could not be more accurate or relevant, cosmic. 

2 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

Looks like we’re on the way back to the Derby way, mate. All is well. 

It baffles me that people still get caught up on the Derby way being about the style in which how we play on the pitch 

If u listened to mel talk about it, its very much on how the club developed its own players from their accamdemy introducing a couple a year  and so on..

Southampton was the model used,

no reference was made to style or playing philosophies when taking about the Derby way 

thats been manifested by the some fans 

unless of course ur talking about finally seeing some youngsters in and around the squad ... then bravo not really seen since clough maybe maybe a little bit from MAC with Lowe and Hanson 

1 minute ago, NottsRam77 said:

no reference was made to style or playing philosophies when taking about the Derby way 

That's not quite true - They talked about a philosophy and style being implemented across the club so that when the youth players stepped up to the first team they'd slot right in rather than needing to adapt - That would mean you'd need to have a similarity in playing style across all levels of the team to do that - We've seen how difficult the senior players have found it to adapt to different playing styles

I actually think looking at the youth sides they've been the ones playing "the Derby way" consistently for the last few years - Looking at the way the youngsters seem to be slotting into the Lampard set up suggests we might be back to working in that way

1 hour ago, cheron85 said:

That's not quite true - They talked about a philosophy and style being implemented across the club so that when the youth players stepped up to the first team they'd slot right in rather than needing to adapt - That would mean you'd need to have a similarity in playing style across all levels of the team to do that - We've seen how difficult the senior players have found it to adapt to different playing styles

I actually think looking at the youth sides they've been the ones playing "the Derby way" consistently for the last few years - Looking at the way the youngsters seem to be slotting into the Lampard set up suggests we might be back to working in that way

Agree with that mate ?

2 hours ago, NottsRam77 said:

It baffles me that people still get caught up on the Derby way being about the style in which how we play on the pitch 

If u listened to mel talk about it, its very much on how the club developed its own players from their accamdemy introducing a couple a year  and so on..

Southampton was the model used,

unless of course ur talking about finally seeing some youngsters in and around the squad ... then bravo not really seen since clough maybe maybe a little bit from MAC with Lowe and Hanson 

I asked Mel at Sausagegate what 'The Derby Way' was, and his reply basically was "Continuity".

The Andre Wisdom SatNav gag earlier in the thread is highly appropriate.

27 minutes ago, eddie said:

I asked Mel at Sausagegate what 'The Derby Way' was, and his reply basically was "Continuity".

The Andre Wisdom SatNav gag earlier in the thread is highly appropriate.

Did he mean a “continuous” stream of managers ? 

Not asking u to answer this but just saying surely sticking with a manger for more than a season would help this continuity plan

Lol 

Archived