Florian Jozefzoon - Signed on a 3 year deal

DcFc Dyycheee

Don’t see why we would want him. With Lawrence and Wilson as starters and Bennett and Thomas off the bench do we need more?

unless the plan is to play Lawrence centrally?

would rather get a new struker like marriot first. Maybe there’s money for both?

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

After today, would signing him make that much sense?

I can't see him displacing Wilson or Lawrence in the wing positions, so would we spend £2m+ on a player who isn't guaranteed starts? Particularly when we're supposedly waiting for a sale to bring in some permanent signings.

I think we need one more winger, I just can't see us paying a decent amount of money for one.

If we are to press high and with intensity i can see both wing positions being subbed most games like under mac1, cant rely on 4 really young players imo in Wilsom, Lawrence, Thomas & Bennett. Could do with an experienced winger in to imo

Just now, DCFC1388 said:

If we are to press high and with intensity i can see both wing positions being subbed most games like under mac1, cant rely on 4 really young players imo in Wilsom, Lawrence, Thomas & Bennett. Could do with an experienced winger in to imo

Two players for each position is the perfect amount, so yeah 4 in total. I want Thomas to be given a chance. He's done nothing but impress and deserves the chance. Bennett has had chances and uninspiring loan spells, so whilst I'm not against the idea of having him involved, I'd prefer somebody more reliable. You need players on the bench that can really change a game, so whilst we're strong in wide positions, we probably still lack real strength in depth.

I don't know if Jozefzoon is the answer, but I feel the money would be better going towards a player who would start every week.

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Two players for each position is the perfect amount, so yeah 4 in total. I want Thomas to be given a chance. He's done nothing but impress and deserves the chance. Bennett has had chances and uninspiring loan spells, so whilst I'm not against the idea of having him involved, I'd prefer somebody more reliable. You need players on the bench that can really change a game, so whilst we're strong in wide positions, we probably still lack real strength in depth.

I don't know if Jozefzoon is the answer, but I feel the money would be better going towards a player who would start every week.

I think we can carry 5 wingers in the squad if Thomas & Bennett are 2 of them as I cant see them both on the bench at the same time, I can see one being on the bench then when theres suspensions or injuries we have the other to make the bench. The one who doesnt make the squad can still play with the u23s

Whoever we buy though will surely know they will be classed as a sub. Wilson will need to play most games with the clause and Lawrence will play also.

its possible though as no pressure to play or select Thomas and Bennett for every match

2 hours ago, EnigmaRam said:

Whoever we buy though will surely know they will be classed as a sub. Wilson will need to play most games with the clause and Lawrence will play also.

its possible though as no pressure to play or select Thomas and Bennett for every match

What clause?

13 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

That's assuming that Frank sees Lawrence as first choice winger - which he might not. 

I doubt he wouldn’t be unless moved central.

his stats show he was our beat winger last season in a defensive team and I can see him playing to an improved performance in a more attacking team.

i could be wrong though!

Archived