2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Edtheram said:

Forest played Okay. WBA were awful, we would have put 3 or 4 past them. Forests star players looked average only Guediora looked dangerous and that's because no one was pressing him. Not concerned about either side....

I thought Carvalho looked quite good, he linked up play well. Lolley (not really a star player, I know) I thought was absolutely woeful. He'd do the hard bit and find himself a bit of space, then pick the wrong pass, fire over/wide or just hold onto the ball for far too long and lose possession 

1 minute ago, eezzeetiger said:

Should be a bit closer this season. You could have/should have lost to Reading, we could have lost/should have won against WBA/Bristol City

Is this one of those Nottinghamshire if she wasn't my sister she could have been my wife things?

As poor as WBA were at times. Forest looked good tonight and if I was a forest fan I would be excited about this season. They’ll be in the mix. But David Johnson is getting carried away with himself saying comfortably top 2. Forest look good but ain’t a Wolves, their Defence can be got at.

I fancy our chances this season but we’ll be a slow burner and develop through the season. We’ll be in the mix also.

Who will get promoted? Who knows? It’s the championship! 

To all our Forest chums.

Ignore the ungracious,  carping criticism from our huddled masses.

I think unbeaten in 2 games is a cracking start to the season and forest are mixing it up nicely by both coming from behind AND failing to hold on to a lead.

I'm very apprehensive about what will happen when you hit peak form in august. ......er............oh............hang on

..........?

Reading their fans comments on the game you would have thought they won 5-0. Some saying it’s their best performance in years but I guess they have been awful! 

I thought they were okay but West Brom were awful and still had the better chances.

Think Mendes has hooked them up with players Wolves rejected last season because they weren’t on Neves and co’s level! 

3 minutes ago, Mckram said:

Reading their fans comments on the game you would have thought they won 5-0. Some saying it’s their best performance in years but I guess they have been awful! 

I thought they were okay but West Brom were awful and still had the better chances.

Think Mendes has hooked them up with players Wolves rejected last season because they weren’t on Neves and co’s level! 

I think you might be right on the wolves reject notion.

Neves having got wolves promoted can now pull the same moves without actually delivering on the back of last season. Everyone sseems to have brought the forest doing a wolves narrative a bit easy.

They'll bbe better this year, but I wouldn't go overboard.

57 minutes ago, eezzeetiger said:

Should be a bit closer this season. You could have/should have lost to Reading, we could have lost/should have won against WBA/Bristol City

Dead right tiger. We need a bit of luck early in the season so we don't drop too far behind you big spenders. 

We've sold our top scorer and bought a lower league replacement and an Ipswich player for less than we received and got a couple of teenagers on loan so we'll just have to put up with all your "mind the gap" Mickey taking early doors.

Just hope that Frank can somehow knit together a very young team to play attractive football and try and catch your multi million pound "Man City of the Midlands" team later in the season.

The only thing that really concerns me is that I work in a bakery. I hope your owner doesn't read the forum.

I only saw the last hour-ish, but I thought both sides were woeful until WBA put in a bit of a burst last 10 minutes that lifted their performance to 'average'. 

Between Grabban's goat impression and Gayle's cornish pasty head, I was quite entertained anyway.

Watched in a bar in Majorca, sat outside with a 3 doggies in red arse-wipes sat inside on the other side of the window, giving it the biggun. When the equaliser went in I gave them a bit through the window. Funny. Never heard a peep after.

Edit...which one of the pork and cheese lads was the £13m one? Anyone know?

Thought we played well last night against a team full of seasoned premier league players. Any one on here denying that is deluding themselves. 

Our defence definitely needs work though. Byram is apparently on his way this week which go a long way towards sorting it. Wouldn't mind a promising young striker on loan too. 

Once the team gels I think there could be a few hammerings dished out at the CG.

Feeling positive about us this morning although last night it felt a bit like a defeat. Against a relegated team that still has most of its players that's definite progress from what we have witnessed in recent years hence the massive positivity on forest forums.

5 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Thought we played well last night against a team full of seasoned premier league players. Any one on here denying that is deluding themselves. 

Aww bless, if half their team wasn't looking to get out of West Brom I wonder if it would have been such a half arsed roll over performance. 

Archived