2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Caesar said:

So Vydra doesn't fit in to the team...where does that leave Wells, Waghorn, Marriott, Nugent, Jerome, Martin and Blackman then? Must be 150k a week in wages for that lot alone. ?

Wells - isn't our player at the minute

Waghorn - can play both up front and out wide, just like he did for Ipswich last season

Marriott - likely starter

Nugent - backup

Jerome - trying to loan out/sell

Martin - trying to loan out/sell

Blackman - is a winger, but also looking to loan/sell

I can understand someone from a club like Bristol City trying to mock us for the squad size, but yours is massive as well isn't it?

14 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I never said he fits into a 4-3-3. I'm making the point about all your other strikers, all on massive money and all cack. If you're insisting on one up top then what happens to the rest? Unless Fat Frank insists on Waghorn and Wells out wide...in which case ???

None of them can lace Vydra's boots can they? You better hope Fat Frank knows what he's doing. I find it utterly amazing that sheep fans are pleased about selling their best player, getting an inferior player in return on a loan and stock-piling bang average expensive mercenaries. 

If we insist on one up top then the same thing happens to the rest as it does at every single football club, they're either on the bench or not in the matchday squad. We'll try and loan or sell some of them and some will stay as backup ... I know, crazy right? You have Grabban starting, so what are you going to do with all the other cack strikers you have? Murphy, Brereton, Clough, Soudani and Vellios? Oh and you have Walker and Cummings out on loan as well right? 

As for some of us being happy about Vydra's departure .... it's not that simple, is it? We know you aren't very smart judging by your short time on the forum, but surely even you can see we didn't just sell Vydra and get a loan in return and that's that. We sold Vydra and signed 4 or 5 new first team players to improve our starting 11 with the money from him. Yes he was our best player, but I think most Derby fans would tell you the team is better as a whole now than it was last season with Vydra

Waghorn scored the same amount of goals from open play than Vydra last season. We just need someone to be able to keep a steady head when taking penalties. Grabban, on the other hand, scored one more from open play than both of them. 

Waghorn got 13 assists though, in comparison to Vydra's four & Grabban's one. 

It could be argued that we've signed a player who will add a lot more to our general play, which is what the scouting staff have picked up on. 

5 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

I saw one Forest fan trying to suggest they aren't risks because they'll all have big resale values even if they don't do well. Yeah, I'm sure there will be tons of clubs banging on their door to spend 20 million + for a Portuguese lad who failed in the English second division 

And for Grabban when he's almost 36 at the end of his contract .  When Murphys contract finishes he's only a year from getting a telegram from the Queen. Don't forget Brereton and Worrall are worth 20 million each as well.

3 hours ago, Caesar said:

37k a week sounds about right for Johnson. Wouldn't surprise me if you had 10 or more players on over 20k a week to be honest. 

I've heard a lot about 'big-spending Forest', particularly on Sky last night which is balls as we were playing a team that has been bringing in and spending Premier League money for the last 7 seasons. Our squad cost a pittance compared to WBA...

Also, a lot of the money we have spent has come from sales. In the last few years we've sold Antonio (7m) Assombalonga (15m), Lansbury (5m) and Burke (13m). And during this time barely spent anything in fees. We've also taken on the two biggest deals in the clubs history in Bet bright and Macron.

All that money was used to service previous debt wasn't it otherwise why sell your better players and not spend it on new ones.   Why does 37 k a week for Johnson sound about right ?. He signed from Norwich not Madrid

3 hours ago, reveldevil said:

I'd rather take the hit than have Macron as a shirt supplier.

Because every kid plays on the embankment in the hope they could one day pull on the Macron shirt and follow in their heroes footsteps!

Poundshop shirt, poundshop sponsor and poundshop club.

They sponsor Newquay AFC . 

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, Caesar said:

37k a week sounds about right for Johnson. Wouldn't surprise me if you had 10 or more players on over 20k a week to be honest. 

I've heard a lot about 'big-spending Forest', particularly on Sky last night which is balls as we were playing a team that has been bringing in and spending Premier League money for the last 7 seasons. Our squad cost a pittance compared to WBA...

Also, a lot of the money we have spent has come from sales. In the last few years we've sold Antonio (7m) Assombalonga (15m), Lansbury (5m) and Burke (13m). And during this time barely spent anything in fees. We've also taken on the two biggest deals in the clubs history in Bet bright and Macron.

It isn't from the sales at all. That money went towards trying to stop the club falling into even more debt. 

The reason you have some money now is because fawaz chose to write off some of the debt owing to him.

Forest were losing more money than derby despite us spending a few quid.

That said its a while now since we had a net positive spend.

Its easy to guess how much players are on,  I could say I heard Dawson was on 60 k a week.

Just because I say it doesn't make it true.

8 hours ago, Caesar said:

What a gash post. For the sake of clarity, I've highlighted the bits that are either factually incorrect, of zero interest, or both. 

8 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Don't forget Brereton and Worrall are worth 20 million each as well.

Don't know who said they were worth that...unless it was the same person who said Hughes was being scouted by Barcelona and then ended up in Watfords reserves ?

3 hours ago, Paul71 said:

It isn't from the sales at all. That money went towards trying to stop the club falling into even more debt. 

The reason you have some money now is because fawaz chose to write off some of the debt owing to him.

Forest were losing more money than derby despite us spending a few quid.

That said its a while now since we had a net positive spend.

Its easy to guess how much players are on,  I could say I heard Dawson was on 60 k a week.

Just because I say it doesn't make it true.

The 37k 'sounds about right' as Johnson was a Premier League player and your clubs record signing at the time. This came at the start of a period where you were throwing money around like it was going out of fashion on oxygen thieves like Butterfield, Bent, Shackell and Anya. Plenty more than that too if I could be bothered to go back and check.

There is absolutely no way on this planet that the following are not on 20k+ a week.

Carson 

Davies

Keogh

Huddlestone 

Johnson 

Nugent 

Vydra

Anya 

Martin 

Butterfield 

Ledley

Lawrence

Jerome 

Based purely on the stage of their careers, career history and the transfer fees involved. It's virtually nailed on that probably 3 or 4 of them are on 30k+ and it wouldn't shock me if Johnson was one. Laughable really considering how terrible he is...He didn't even know your clubs name when he signed. Not difficult to forget I suppose as outside the East Midlands you're most famous for being our rivals.

9 minutes ago, Caesar said:

The 37k 'sounds about right' as Johnson was a Premier League player and your clubs record signing at the time. This came at the start of a period where you were throwing money around like it was going out of fashion on oxygen thieves like Butterfield, Bent, Shackell and Anya. Plenty more than that too if I could be bothered to go back and check.

There is absolutely no way on this planet that the following are not on 20k+ a week.

Carson 

Davies

Keogh

Huddlestone 

Johnson 

Nugent 

Vydra

Anya 

Martin 

Butterfield 

Ledley

Lawrence

Jerome 

Based purely on the stage of their careers, career history and the transfer fees involved. It's virtually nailed on that probably 3 or 4 of them are on 30k+ and it wouldn't shock me if Johnson was one. Laughable really considering how terrible he is...He didn't even know your clubs name when he signed. Not difficult to forget I suppose as outside the East Midlands you're most famous for being our rivals.

The definition of a rival is someone or something competing for the same objective or superiority in the same field of activity. Let's face it, other than in the minds of Florist fans, you've not been that in years.

6 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Carson 

Davies

Keogh

Huddlestone 

Johnson 

Nugent 

Vydra

Anya 

Martin 

Butterfield 

Ledley

Lawrence

Jerome 

Let's do the same analysis of Forest then. I mean, your reasoning is impeccable 

Pantillimon - a Premier League player in his prime who played for Man City in the past. Surely he's on 30k+ a week

Guedioura - looking at his club history we can safely say he's on over 20k a week

Grabban - where to start here then. Premier League player, in his prime, had a number of clubs interested and the big fee involved ..... 40k a week?

Watson - decent club history and a Prem player so 30k a week sound about right?

Murphy - signed from a Prem team so at least 25k a week

Bridcutt - he's been about a bit so with his career history we're looking at around 20k a week at least

Dawson - similar situation to Davies at us so he must be on 20k a week at least

Carvalho, Dias and Goncalves - where to start here then. For the fees and future fees involved with them I reckon by your reasoning all 3 are on at least 50k a week

Sound about right? 

28 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Pantillimon - a Premier League player in his prime who played for Man City in the past. Surely he's on 30k+ a week

Guedioura - looking at his club history we can safely say he's on over 20k a week

Grabban - where to start here then. Premier League player, in his prime, had a number of clubs interested and the big fee involved ..... 40k a week?

Bridcutt - he's been about a bit so with his career history we're looking at around 20k a week at least

Carvalho, Dias and Goncalves - where to start here then. For the fees and future fees involved with them I reckon by your reasoning all 3 are on at least 50k a week

Sound about right? 

38 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Sound about right? 

That sounds a totally biased opinion, based on nothing more than envious conjecture for a club you hate to see doing well.

Oh hang on, it’s Forest, carry on.

5 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

I think this is the point Caesar goes on to say he has 'rattled' us with a fishing emoji. 

Yeah, probably, that seems to be the trend online now. Someone says something a bit silly, then someone else replies to make them look like a bit of a numpty and because the original poster has nothing witty to respond they'll just say ???

Sith Happens
56 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Carson 

Davies

Keogh

Huddlestone 

Johnson 

Nugent 

Vydra

Anya 

Martin 

Butterfield 

Ledley

Lawrence

Jerome 

Why are you so concerned what we pay our players anyway? Its no ones business but theirs and mel morris provided we dont breach the FFP regulations.

Whatever we are paying them, at least we pay them on time, how many times in recent years have Forest failed to pay players on time? Or been threatened with winding up orders, or disgracefully not paid a club on time the balance of a transfer fee owed.

Like i said in a previous post, how come you are brave enough to come on here now you have spent a bit..where were you when you were finishing below Burton in the league?

31 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

I think this is the point Caesar goes on to say he has 'rattled' us with a fishing emoji. 

Coincidence that he’s appeared just as the school holidays began. Roll on September ?

Well I just spent an hour on Google trying to find how much money David Nugent is on and I couldn't find the exact amount because I didn't really look and I think that's because it doesn't matter.

100% confidence in the figures put forward by any Forest fans that have gone to the trouble though

When Matt Phillips scored the other night I wondered if his goal was worth his wage. Any idea what he's on? That was my first thought when he smashed it home. How much?

Archived