stoners

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

From the Forest forum:

114c922bb37414c25431e470926930d0.png

Christ, Morris' decision to spend money is purely because Forest have spent a fair bit apparently. I would have thought it was because we've got 16-20 million from Vydra, Weimann, Rowett's compensation and the Ince add ons and he's simply reinvesting some of that, but what do I know? And fair play to him for finding out Johnson's wages when none of us know, he must have great sources

Funny..they really are full of it.

Sith Happens
8 hours ago, sawley_ram said:

Anyone else buzzing for the Derby v. F*rest game more than usual this year?

A lot of expectations on both sides, new players, big spending... I hope it gets the old rivalry going again.

Maybe we can add another year to the tally of years they've failed to beat us. 

Nah not really,  more looking forward to games against teams that havent languished in the bottom half of the table in recent seasons.

Just now, David said:

Yes. Our club is run purely on knee jerk reactions watching those lot down the A52. Jeezus.

If you get chance and fancy a laugh, read the most recent couple of pages on the Derby thread. They're mocking the Waghorn fee which is fair enough, I'd probably do the same if he signed for them for that much, but some of the other posts are just silly. That same guy who claims Johnson is on 37k a week also knows Thorne is on over 20k, Martin over 30k and has recently purchased a Mclaren. Many are claiming we're just flat out lying about having concerns over Vydra fitting into Lampard's system, despite there being evidence based on his time at other clubs and here that he struggles as a lone striker ?‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

If you get chance and fancy a laugh, read the most recent couple of pages on the Derby thread. They're mocking the Waghorn fee which is fair enough, I'd probably do the same if he signed for them for that much, but some of the other posts are just silly. That same guy who claims Johnson is on 37k a week also knows Thorne is on over 20k, Martin over 30k and has recently purchased a Mclaren. Many are claiming we're just flat out lying about having concerns over Vydra fitting into Lampard's system, despite there being evidence based on his time at other clubs and here that he struggles as a lone striker ?‍♂️

I did see a couple when the traffic died down, they couldn't understand how Vydra didn't fit in our team, was all excuses that we're making up.

Gave up at that point.

I mean he's a number 10. That's his position. We play 4-3-3.

Yeah, can't be bothered. May as well read the Beano instead. 

12 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Just had a look and one of thems pulling me up on my tongue in cheek comment about us having all those strikers? Made it onto the famous forum, lifetime ambition achieved?

19 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Funny..they really are full of it.

And signing an untried portugese kid for 13m is safe as houses lmao

could be the best thing since sliced bread, may not be able to handle the intensity of the championship or settle... who knows... i mean ud think after andre silenzi and nicola jerkan theyd be a tad more  cautious

dick heads 

2 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

And signing an untried portugese kid for 13m is safe as houses lmao

could be the best thing since sliced bread, may not be able to handle the intensity of the championship or settle... who knows... i mean ud think after andre silenzi and nicola jerkan theyd be a tad more  cautious

dick heads 

I saw one Forest fan trying to suggest they aren't risks because they'll all have big resale values even if they don't do well. Yeah, I'm sure there will be tons of clubs banging on their door to spend 20 million + for a Portuguese lad who failed in the English second division 

49 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

From the Forest forum:

114c922bb37414c25431e470926930d0.png

Christ, Morris' decision to spend money is purely because Forest have spent a fair bit apparently. I would have thought it was because we've got 16-20 million from Vydra, Weimann, Rowett's compensation and the Ince add ons and he's simply reinvesting some of that, but what do I know? And fair play to him for finding out Johnson's wages when none of us know, he must have great sources

You know what really pisses me off about this: you don’t do a 360 on something, you do a 180. I’d be a hypocrite if I picked him up on the spelling mistakes (‘singing’ lol), but ‘doing a 360’ doesn’t make sense, just means he’ll end up where he started. 

Move actually come to the realisation that he hasn’t suddenly changed his tune anyway, and he didn’t lie to Rowett. The only reason we’ve had significant money to burn is because we’ve sold Vydra. Rowett would have never sold Vydra, so we would have had far less money to burn if we’d have kept Rowett (not to mention the 2 mil from Stoke, which we wouldn’t have had if Rowett stayed). Simples. 

37k a week sounds about right for Johnson. Wouldn't surprise me if you had 10 or more players on over 20k a week to be honest. 

I've heard a lot about 'big-spending Forest', particularly on Sky last night which is balls as we were playing a team that has been bringing in and spending Premier League money for the last 7 seasons. Our squad cost a pittance compared to WBA...

Also, a lot of the money we have spent has come from sales. In the last few years we've sold Antonio (7m) Assombalonga (15m), Lansbury (5m) and Burke (13m). And during this time barely spent anything in fees. We've also taken on the two biggest deals in the clubs history in Bet bright and Macron.

2 hours ago, David said:

I did see a couple when the traffic died down, they couldn't understand how Vydra didn't fit in our team, was all excuses that we're making up.

Gave up at that point.

I mean he's a number 10. That's his position. We play 4-3-3.

Yeah, can't be bothered. May as well read the Beano instead. 

So Vydra doesn't fit in to the team...where does that leave Wells, Waghorn, Marriott, Nugent, Jerome, Martin and Blackman then? Must be 150k a week in wages for that lot alone. ?

3 minutes ago, Caesar said:

So Vydra doesn't fit in to the team...where does that leave Wells, Waghorn, Marriott, Nugent, Jerome, Martin and Blackman then? Must be 150k a week in wages for that lot alone. ?

Without playing guessing games on wages because it "sounds about right" to you, why not tell us all how you fit a number 10 into a 4-3-3 formation. We're all listening....

Just now, David said:

Without playing guessing games on wages because it "sounds about right" to you, why not tell us all how you fit a number 10 into a 4-3-3 formation. We're all listening....

I never said he fits into a 4-3-3. I'm making the point about all your other strikers, all on massive money and all cack. If you're insisting on one up top then what happens to the rest? Unless Fat Frank insists on Waghorn and Wells out wide...in which case ???

None of them can lace Vydra's boots can they? You better hope Fat Frank knows what he's doing. I find it utterly amazing that sheep fans are pleased about selling their best player, getting an inferior player in return on a loan and stock-piling bang average expensive mercenaries. 

16 minutes ago, Caesar said:

37k a week sounds about right for Johnson. Wouldn't surprise me if you had 10 or more players on over 20k a week to be honest. 

I've heard a lot about 'big-spending Forest', particularly on Sky last night which is balls as we were playing a team that has been bringing in and spending Premier League money for the last 7 seasons. Our squad cost a pittance compared to WBA...

Also, a lot of the money we have spent has come from sales. In the last few years we've sold Antonio (7m) Assombalonga (15m), Lansbury (5m) and Burke (13m). And during this time barely spent anything in fees. We've also taken on the two biggest deals in the clubs history in Bet bright and Macron.

No one cares

Well we haven't signed Wells for a start so I'm not entirely sure why he figures into this conversation at all...

Blackman, Jerome and Martin aren't in the first team plans and will likely be shipped out at the earliest opportunity. Nugent, might also join that list now.

Waghorn and Marriott will rotate. 

Its not rocket science....

I'd rather take the hit than have Macron as a shirt supplier.

Because every kid plays on the embankment in the hope they could one day pull on the Macron shirt and follow in their heroes footsteps!

Poundshop shirt, poundshop sponsor and poundshop club.

4 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I never said he fits into a 4-3-3. I'm making the point about all your other strikers, all on massive money and all cack. If you're insisting on one up top then what happens to the rest? Unless Fat Frank insists on Waghorn and Wells out wide...in which case ???

None of them can lace Vydra's boots can they? You better hope Fat Frank knows what he's doing. I find it utterly amazing that sheep fans are pleased about selling their best player, getting an inferior player in return on a loan and stock-piling bang average expensive mercenaries. 

Inferior player on a loan? 

You're right of course. Tomori is a far worse striker than Vydra. 

Also a) well almost certainly be thinning the heard before the end of the loan window. 

b) what does it matter to you if they’re all there collecting a wage and letting their contracts run out next summer. 

Having too many players is not really a stick to beat anyone with. It’s one below the perennial attendance comparisons. 

If you did a qpr or a villa and used your parachute payments to buy the league and ‘buy all the players’ to quote the gif, then I’m pissed off with those sorts of shenanigans. But as long as you’re operating within ffp (which we are), then what does it matter that we’re buying better players than those we currently have, tailor made for a new system that we’ll be playing (which we’ve so far shown works to great effect in preseason and season, let me know when you’re system starts to kick in). 

There’s no point in not buying a better player because we’ve already got a player in that position, and we can’t get rid of him. You buy the better player anyway, if you can afford it, and then you deal with the surplus players. 

I really can’t see anything about this that you can have a go at is for. But fair play for giving it a go. 

8 minutes ago, Caesar said:

I guess it's a similar situation to Forest's goalkeepers, how many do you have for 1 position?....oh but you're getting rid of.......exactly.

The loan window is open till the end of the month where it's likely a number of Derby players will go out on loan, why? Because they are in the last year of their contracts and it's true, a number of them are on decent money but I doubt anywhere near the 37k you seem to believe.

By going out on loan they get to stay on the same contract, not taking a drop which will happen where they end up next if they wish to continue playing football.

I know Karanka likes to smash round pegs in square holes, but Vydra doesn't fit the system it's as simple as that, players that we have signed in Marriott and Waghorn do.

Don't we go through this every season?

Always ends up the same way though - us in and around the playoffs, Forest being grateful that they've not been relegated.

Fair play though, a few decent signings this season means they'll probably hit the heady heights of mid table. It would be lovely if we had a genuine rivalry again, but I suspect it'll be Leeds, Stoke and Villa this season rather than Forest.

Archived