2nd Oldest Football Club O'Nottsaurus Forest

stoners

13 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Couple of reports I've read and heard is that we played well against Bournemouth, particularly the young Portuguese lads with Carvalho in particular looking electric. Seems to be a good mix of youth and experience. 

Can they do it on a cold Tuesday night in Stoke though?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It'd be bleak for forest if the new owner golden period didn't yeild at least one optimistic season. September.

FTFY

18 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Had a nosy on the Forest forum to see if they were linked with any new players and ventured into the Derby thread. Some chap with the username Steve Stone's Mullett appears to have information no media or anyone on here has got a hold of, that Martin is refusing to leave as he has purchased an expensive house in Quarndon and his family is settled. Not the most far fetched rumour in the world to be fair, but I wouldn't have expected it to come from some random bloke on the Forest forum. Would sort of explain why the QPR links just seemed to go quiet

Plenty of mentions about Keogh as usual and how we've not addressed the issue that is centre defence. Since Clough left we've had a better defensive record than them every season and our worst position on the goals conceded table has been 7th. There was also mention of Davies not being able to read the game very well, at least not as well as Dawson

And there was a bit of chatter about how our massive squad will create unhappiness within the team. Possibly true and we're all hoping we see some move on, but Forest aren't exactly blessed with a small tight knit squad

Derby: Carson, Mitchell, Roos, Forsyth, Keogh, Davies, Wisdom, Pearce, Lowe, Olsson, Hanson, Bryson, Jozefzoon, Anya, Lawrence, Johnson, Butterfield, Bennett, Blackman, Thorne, Ledley, Huddlestone, Thomas, Mount, Wilson, Martin, Vydra, Nugent, Jerome, Marriott and soon to include Evans. Total = 31. We definitely need a handful sold or loaned out

Forest: Pantillimon, Smith, Kapino, Evtimov, Henderson, Figueredo, Fox, Darikwa, Lam, Worrall, Dawson, Robinson, Mancienne, Guedioura, Bridcutt, Osborn, Cash, Colback, Lolley, Watson, Carvalho, Dias, Goncalves, Ariyibi, McKay, Yates, Ward, Murphy, Brereton, Grabban, Soudani, Clough and Vellios. Total = 33. 

?‍♂️

Can take McKay off that list.

On 27/07/2018 at 11:09, Duracell said:

Who’s “they”? Mount, Wilson, Ledley, Huddlestone, Thomas, Bogle, Davies and Marriott weren’t around when Mac was last here.

Of those who struggled the most, Weimann and Bent have left the club and Johnson looks to be further down the pecking order.

So it’s not fair to say that Derby fans are expecting different results with the same set of players.

Notice it wasn’t “we”.

No surprise McKay has gone and I don't think anyone will be bothered Trentside. Dangerous player on his day but too few and far between. Heart of a mouse.

Surprised they found him for the photo actually as he's been hiding since November.

Forest journo saying it's for £1.5m + add ons. Also selling Kapino to Germany for about a million quid. So that's £2.5m for squad players who cost us £500k. Finally someone at the club is running things like a proper business. 

1 hour ago, Caesar said:

No surprise McKay has gone and I don't think anyone will be bothered Trentside. Dangerous player on his day but too few and far between. Heart of a mouse.

Surprised they found him for the photo actually as he's been hiding since November.

Forest journo saying it's for £1.5m + add ons. Also selling Kapino to Germany for about a million quid. So that's £2.5m for squad players who cost us £500k. Finally someone at the club is running things like a proper business. 

How’s the new Portuguese player doing in pre season?

7 hours ago, Boycie said:

How’s the new Portuguese player doing in pre season?

I haven't been to any games but from reading reports and seeing highlights they look very promising, particularly Carvalho and Dias. Early days yet though. 

Put it this way they're clearly a significant step up in quality to Ward, Tomlin and Lolley who themselves aren't bad players at this level.

5 minutes ago, David said:

Time to start looking for a new job Aitor

Blummin eck! 

Nowt like piling on the pressure is there?

Hes already walked out on one team, collected all his toys back, and gone back  at boro.

Seems like lazy journalism to me. New foreign owners come in, spend a bit and want promotion? Well obviously.

Just like about 9 or 10 other teams in the league, including you as you can bet your bottom dollar Fat Frank will be gone if you're nowhere near challenging. 

For me personally I would consider success to be finishing the season with the same manager and roughly the same team and seeing consistently improved performances. If this is the case we'll do alright.

21 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Seems like lazy journalism to me. New foreign owners come in, spend a bit and want promotion? Well obviously.

Just like about 9 or 10 other teams in the league, including you as you can bet your bottom dollar Fat Frank will be gone if you're nowhere near challenging. 

For me personally I would consider success to be finishing the season with the same manager and roughly the same team and seeing consistently improved performances. If this is the case we'll do alright.

I think our ambitions are about the same. Most people would have taken top ten and more attractive, exciting football when Frank was appointed. We’ve learned you can’t expect promotion in a first season, that’s a bit fair and unrealistic. But a few good results in preseason, and a few exciting signings, and those goal posts are changing. 

String a couple of good early results together, up among the top teams by Christmas, and it all gets a bit exciting (I feel I need to describe this, as you won’t have experienced it for a while, up near the top in August doesn’t count). Expectations start becoming more unrealistic, and everyone forgets that a season is full of ups and downs and it all evens out by the end. 

So we’ll see how your new owners get on during the downs. That’s when it will get interesting on here. 

Football has gone mad let's be honest. When Fawaz sacked O'Driscoll on Boxing Day 2012 when we'd just beaten Leeds 4-1 and were in the top 6 it was madness and since then we've gone through manager after manager.

Same elsewhere though, you have sacked a few since you decided to stop being a well run steadily-building club under Clough and McClaren and started to go for broke and splash the cash about like it's going out of fashion.

We're all slaves to the Premier League money. Whether it's teams at the bottom of the PL getting through 2 or 3 managers in a season to desperately avoid the drop or whether it's teams in this league risking the future of their clubs to go up.

To be honest I'm not sure I'd want us in the top flight. The promotion would be great but then the season after would probably be a nightmare and you often come down with more problems than you started with.

The club have also sold 20,000 season tickets for the first time after bringing in Michael Dawson, Costel Pantilimon, Jack Robinson, Tobias Figueiredo, Jack Colback, Diogo Goncalves, Joao Carvalho, Gil Dias, Hillai Soudani and Lewis Grabban.

Or rather

The club have also sold 20,000 season tickets for the first time after reducing prices to reflect the state of the ground fans are expected to sit in, under 11s can now endure a game in the rusty shed for just £15 this season and under 17s, £70.

Nottinghamshire Police have thanked the club and hope to see a reduction in crimes reported on Saturday afternoons.

11 minutes ago, David said:

The club have also sold 20,000 season tickets for the first time after bringing in Michael Dawson, Costel Pantilimon, Jack Robinson, Tobias Figueiredo, Jack Colback, Diogo Goncalves, Joao Carvalho, Gil Dias, Hillai Soudani and Lewis Grabban.

Or rather

The club have also sold 20,000 season tickets for the first time after reducing prices to reflect the state of the ground fans are expected to sit in, under 11s can now endure a game in the rusty shed for just £15 this season and under 17s, £70.

Nottinghamshire Police have thanked the club and hope to see a reduction in crimes reported on Saturday afternoons.

To be fair under 12's are free for us as long as they are with a paying adult and have squad membership.

Granted, Forest can't offer this. The kids would have to wake their parents up from their drug induced deep sleep, (where they are dreaming of 1980, despite not being born) and drag them along to the 'match'.

13 minutes ago, David said:

How many keepers does Karanka need, I know he's defensive minded but is he planning on playing 2 or 3 in his 11?

Pantilimon, Evtimov, Henderson, Kapino, Smith and now Steele has just joined. 

Kapino has been sold to Bremen for £1m. Evtimov and Henderson probably will be released and Smith to go out on loan.

As you were.

Archived