Snake City watch

Zag zig

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

When I was younger the passion of football was scoring goals. Nothing could beat that excitement for me. Nothing. 

I'm enjoying Lampards style of play but if it doesn't lead to us scoring the goals to get us promoted is it actually anything to get excited about?

Fair enough. I don't actually mind being in the Championship, I just care about enjoying and feeling optimistic we can get a result going into every game. So far under Frank I've had that so I'm enjoying it.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Don't quite get the 'anti football' tag.

Football is about scoring goals at one end and keeping them out at the other.

At this stage of last season we were better off in both stats than we are currently.

What happens in between is a different matter but that is more about personal enjoyment. It's only Sky TV that have led everyone to believe that goals should not be scored unless they are preceeded by 5000 passes.

That's a point of opinion - I like goals but on average we get just over 1 per game - So I get like 30 seconds of excitement per game if it's just based on goals - I like wins but I prefer goals - I left the 1 0 late Bucko goal vs Forest game on a bigger high than the 5 0 win because of the manner of win but generally more goals = happier

I want to enjoy the other 89 minutes of the game as well and I enjoy it more when we have the ball - Even if the progress is slow it's more enjoyable for me than the other team having the ball

That's all - I get that some people enjoy the win enough that the rest of the proceedings don't matter but that's not for me thanks

3 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Anyone who thinks a championship side is better off without Will Hughes shouldn't be anywhere near running a club

Yep

Hated the bar steward when he was here for the poo hoofball he made us play and for showing what a footballing philistine he was by selling Will Hughes. He is an arrogant talentless see you next Tuesday and I hope he never gets another job in football management again. Apart from that I wish him well.

And we look an absolutely tin pot club/bunch of supporters at the way everyone calls him a snake etc...it is just pathetic.

He was a class player for us, that was instrumental in a team that played the best football we have seen down there in 30 years and then he took over as manager and did a decent enough job, getting us to the play off semis and then left for what he perceived as a bigger job....where is the problem?

Its just classless to be so hateful towards the man.

12 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

And we look an absolutely tin pot club/bunch of supporters at the way everyone calls him a snake etc...it is just pathetic.

He was a class player for us, that was instrumental in a team that played the best football we have seen down there in 30 years and then he took over as manager and did a decent enough job, getting us to the play off semis and then left for what he perceived as a bigger job....where is the problem?

I agree I’m am so so sorry he was sacked by stoke ?????? sorry couldn’t help it stupid is as stupid does sorry Gary you had that one coming ?

4 hours ago, McRamFan said:

Will Snake's career go the way of wee Billy BS?

Said it before, I’ve heard it said from a fairly close friend of his, he was apparently losing his love for the game, which is why I was originally surprised he moved to Stoke.

I’ve absolutely no idea if it’s true or not and it could also be b.s but the same person suggested to me he was trying to make the most he could from the game. Which thinking on, made me believe at the Stoke move, he’s just gone for the money, nothing else. That’s why you can’t feel sorry for him and I somehow doubt he will lose a lot of sleep with the compensation package.

So id say right now, Rowett has done well for himself as a football manager, without ever achieving much for the teams he managed, albeit the Birmingham dismissal seemed harsh at the time.

If he chooses, he probably never has to work again, unlike many others who get made redundant, so those feeling sorry for him, at Stoke, really shouldn’t I.m.o.

4 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Anyone who thinks a championship side is better off without Will Hughes shouldn't be anywhere near running a club . Good riddance and glad he has been found out .

Stoke only put up with the cunextuesday for 6 /7 months, we on the other hand put up with him for a year.Football realy doesn't need people like him .

17 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

image.png.e95170e7a692799695c9f64d80620596.png

2 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

Gutted really. Gonna miss reading that 'rowett out' thread on oatcake forum.

Used to perk me up everything monday morning

It was a humdinger, and I am happy to be classless and tinpot for having enjoyed it. 

5 minutes ago, Lambchop said:

It was a humdinger, and I am happy to be classless and tinpot for having enjoyed it. 

I’m so happy the one and only thread (possibly classless and tinpot) I’ve created, has so far reached 80 pages.

Talking about setting the bar high for the next one!

33 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Good bant tho innit 

46 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

,And we look an absolutely tin pot club/bunch of supporters at the way everyone calls him a snake etc...it is just pathetic.

Said he loved us ,we were his club then jumped ship for a larger transfer pot. classless probably clueless certainly he is 

5 hours ago, cheron85 said:

Apparently he has for years - He was the whole time he was at Burton and Birmingham and don't think he's moved since going to Stoke - When he was Birmingham manager and they came to us he was interviewed saying every week he headed off to Birmingham games while his wife was taking his oldest lad to Pride Park as he's a Derby fan. He was quoted in interviews when he joined Stoke saying how difficult he'd found it personally being Derby manager - He'd taken the job originally having loved playing for the club, living in the area and his family loving the club - But it all soured because of those reasons too

I could feel sympathy for that rubbish about it turning sour because of all that badge kissing false rubbish if he hadn’t just signed a big new contract ,extracted from us by the threat of going to stoke when they were in trouble in the prem then leaving once they were in the championship with us with a bigger budget and better wages for him ???

nope the bloke is a bullshiter of the highest order and a snake ,

im hoping that karma does the full job and derby go up

Archived