Snake City watch

Zag zig

9 hours ago, Lambchop said:

If I'm interested in something I'll research the duck out of it, to the extent of reading about it for thirty years, doing a couple of master's degrees, maybe teaching it. 

And therein lies the problem.. 

Teachers the ruination of a generation..

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 09/01/2019 at 16:24, rustylee said:

They have only paid £1 million compensation to Luton for Jones so he is only going to be half as good as Rowett.

On 09/01/2019 at 17:15, ilkleyram said:

Or twice as good......

Can we meet in the middle and agree on twice as bad?

Bit worried about this.

I've heard stokies talking about "giving him time", "hope he gives the kids a chance", "not interested in going up, just want to see some football"

Im hoping thats just one or two of the older ones and not a general feeling amongst the Sky generation, I'd hate for them to be patient and slowly build a good team.

Thank duck that'll never happen at the gumps while the bakery burner is in charge.

27 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Bit worried about this.

I've heard stokies talking about "giving him time", "hope he gives the kids a chance", "not interested in going up, just want to see some football"

Im hoping thats just one or two of the older ones and not a general feeling amongst the Sky generation, I'd hate for them to be patient and slowly build a good team.

Thank duck that'll never happen at the gumps while the bakery burner is in charge.

This is why I think it’s a bad match. I’m sure this Nathan Jones would be perfect to bring about a bit of a revolution there, get them playing attractive football, bring youth through etc. But he’s got two things going against him.

1) poo house football has been so ingrained into the stoke dna now, that anything else will confuse the duck out of them. 

2) these quotes are singing a very different time to the majority of stokies at the start of the season, who assumed they were going to bounce straight back up. Any revolution there will take a good couple of seasons to get the dead wood out and bring in new players and get them playing how he wants to. There’s not a chance in hell that they’re going to have that kind of patience. And if they do, we’ll be long gone by the time they find this new persona. 

It’s going to end up like clough at Leeds, mark my words. A total poo show while the manager tries to implement a style on players that have only known one way to play for as long as they remember. Bad results, fans get impatient, everything turns sour. When they finish bottom half of the table at the end of the season, he’ll be sacked.

Meanwhile, Luton will get promoted, and Jones will have sacrificed the chance to be the manager of an up and coming, exciting team, getting ready to come straight up and rattle the cages of the teams at the top of the league, to instead end up banging his head against a brick wall with stoke, and eventually getting sacked, his stock having fallen almost a second low as Rowett’s.

And it will have proven to be a bad decision all round.

11 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

This is why I think it’s a bad match. I’m sure this Nathan Jones would be perfect to bring about a bit of a revolution there, get them playing attractive football, bring youth through etc. But he’s got two things going against him.

1) poo house football has been so ingrained into the stoke dna now, that anything else will confuse the duck out of them. 

2) these quotes are singing a very different time to the majority of stokies at the start of the season, who assumed they were going to bounce straight back up. Any revolution there will take a good couple of seasons to get the dead wood out and bring in new players and get them playing how he wants to. There’s not a chance in hell that they’re going to have that kind of patience. And if they do, we’ll be long gone by the time they find this new persona. 

It’s going to end up like clough at Leeds, mark my words. A total poo show while the manager tries to implement a style on players that have only known one way to play for as long as they remember. Bad results, fans get impatient, everything turns sour. When they finish bottom half of the table at the end of the season, he’ll be sacked.

Meanwhile, Luton will get promoted, and Jones will have sacrificed the chance to be the manager of an up and coming, exciting team, getting ready to come straight up and rattle the cages of the teams at the top of the league, to instead end up banging his head against a brick wall with stoke, and eventually getting sacked, his stock having fallen almost a second low as Rowett’s.

fingers crossed mate!

14 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

I imagine he's gone from earning a modest wage in football terms too a very nice amount that will probably change his life for the better..

Don't think he will give another thought too luton when he gets his first paycheck.

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Thank duck that'll never happen at the gumps while the bakery burner is in charge

Bakery burner...there goes the coffee.

Stoke fans are like an  unreasonable version of Derby fans.

I think most of us appreciate Mel.

They despise their owners.

Any county that had the Winking Man as its premier nightspot for years is bound to have profound problems in its gene pool.

9 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

I wouldn't be so sure - they have a number of players who would suit a passing/attacking style of play to build around: Bojan, Etebo, Woods, Allen, Williams, Ince, Martina, Indi

21 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I wouldn't be so sure - they have a number of players who would suit a passing/attacking style of play to build around: Bojan, Etebo, Woods, Allen, Williams, Ince, Martina, Indi

We’ll see. A leapaed doesn’t change its spots so easily. They tried it when they bought a bunch of champions league players like shaquiri, but eventually reverted to type. 

Jardim and Jokanovic at the top of the betting at the moment. I think either of them would be a huge coup for the club. I can't see Jardim taking it, but he's got history with the owner. It will be interesting to see just how much money is promised. It's not like they have parachute payments and it seems like Karanka has been their Clement in that sense. 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Jardim and Jokanovic at the top of the betting at the moment. I think either of them would be a huge coup for the club. I can't see Jardim taking it, but he's got history with the owner. It will be interesting to see just how much money is promised. It's not like they have parachute payments and it seems like Karanka has been their Clement in that sense. 

Wrong thread! 

4 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Methinks you’ve got your hilariously sacked / quit managers mixed up there. Easy mistake to make. I find myself flicking back and forth trying to decide which thread makes me laugh more. 

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Plus they have one of the best keepers in the league in the form of Butland. I dont know what the quality of their defence is like, but I think people are being a bit hasty saying the new manager wont be able to achieve anything with this squad. They are only 8 points off the playoffs as well - not exactly insurmountable.

Archived