Snake City watch

Zag zig

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, BurtonRam7 said:

I don't know what George Thorne did in a past life but it must have been bad to warrant this much bad luck.

Its worth betting that poor old George will get swallowed by a whale at some point.

15 hours ago, Lambchop said:

Someone called Janet. Who the duck names a child Janet!

Omg that name. I've known two Janets in my lifetime. Both with almost identical personalities. Just crap, vile, asexual, dull, bitchy, insular, selfish, grey nobheads. Thankfully i no longer see any of them and hopefully i'll never meet another Janet.

2 hours ago, Parsnip said:

Omg that name. I've known two Janets in my lifetime. Both with almost identical personalities. Just crap, vile, asexual, dull, bitchy, insular, selfish, grey nobheads. Thankfully i no longer see any of them and hopefully i'll never meet another Janet.

She's one of my best friends, but yeah, I know what you mean. 

3 hours ago, BathRam72 said:

I am very rarely wrong, only in your world ?

And unlike some, I admit it when I am.

If I'm interested in something I'll research the duck out of it, to the extent of reading about it for thirty years, doing a couple of master's degrees, maybe teaching it. In those areas, I'm reasonably confident my opinion is as well informed as it can be, but I'm still happy to learn by being shown something I hadn't come across or thought of. I'm used to pretty high levels of academic scrutiny; alll knowledge is open ended and in constant flux. 

Most things I know little or nothing about, but if I express an opinion I'll still try to consider all angles, and show the same diligence in forming it. Too many people don't do that, they just knee jerk from a given frame of reference. It's difficult to discuss things with those people, because they generally don't even realise that's what they're doing. Trying to point that out is a frustrating and annoying process for both sides, particularly on a forum where you aren't allowed to discuss certain ideas, or mention particular words. 

That's my take on it, anyway. 

Archived