World Cup 2018 thread

jackhasler23

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we’d blown it when they scored then it went to pens... but shocked we won a shootout 

best id seen Kane play thought he was excellent holding up the ball inviting fouls great performance 

maguire & stones were brilliant. Stones always finding a pass & looked solid thought he was supposed to be dodgy at the back 

pleased for pickford & henderson

As bad as it sounds after Columbia’s constant fouling & trying to wind our players up im glad they lost in the cruelest way. We deserved the win & so often we’ve lost in the past 

In a game where Dier and Pickford are ultimately going to be the heroes, I'd like to give a special mention to Harry Maguire. I thought he was brilliant, he has been in every game he's played this World Cup to be fair. Decent on the ball, our best defender and he was a leader, very calm when tempers were beginning to rise. I'd be surprised if he finishes the summer at Leicester.

Kane hold up play great, MOTM

Fair play to England, probably edged it

But goodness me, you need to create more from open play, been disappointing since the first 30 mins vs tunisia

Maguire did so well, how many other managers would have been tempted to put a customary manchester utd centre back on

This is the kindest world cup draw england will ever get- fans dont expect much, make the most of it guys

Thats what the WC is about, shame James didnt get to play, I love seeing talent. Colombia let themselves down, when they actually want to play, they can hurt teams

From the moment Colombia equalised. Went through so many emotions, anger at conceding a late goal, despair on how we were playing during extra-time knowing it was going to penalties, dejection  when Henderson had his penalty saved, relief when they hit the bar, hope when Pickford saved, then utter joy as Dier scored.

Not sure if my heart is up to more games like this.

9 minutes ago, Kernow said:

In a game where Dier and Pickford are ultimately going to be the heroes, I'd like to give a special mention to Harry Maguire. I thought he was brilliant, he has been in every game he's played this World Cup to be fair. Decent on the ball, our best defender and he was a leader, very calm when tempers were beginning to rise. I'd be surprised if he finishes the summer at Leicester.

Agreed. I also thought Henderson and Stones were outstanding. Stones might not quite be there yet but he has all the attributes to be a world class defender.

Well that was.... fun.

Controlled the majority of the match without ever looking dangerous.  Dier probably took the worst penalty and we have to thank Ospina's limp wrist for the fact it went in but I'll take it ?

Sweden will be a tough, tough match and we'll have to create a lot more than we did tonight but you never know, we could be growing into this tournament game by game.

COYR, er I mean COE!

PistoldPete2
15 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Yes I thought Maguire was very very good. And all credit to england , they looked shaky in the first half of extra time , but settled in the second half.  And finally slayed those demons.   

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

All Dier does is flatten grass.

All that talent in the squad and we have to bring on a grazing moose.

Inside every moose is a hero waiting to come out!

My heart sank when I saw him step forward but fair play to him he put his cloven  hoof through it .

Thought the Harrys were excellent. Trippier too.

Turnips against the Swedes again.

Can't  wait. 

PistoldPete2
11 minutes ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Kane hold up play great, MOTM

Fair play to England, probably edged it

But goodness me, you need to create more from open play, been disappointing since the first 30 mins vs tunisia

Maguire did so well, how many other managers would have been tempted to put a customary manchester utd centre back on

This is the kindest world cup draw england will ever get- fans dont expect much, make the most of it guys

Thats what the WC is about, shame James didnt get to play, I love seeing talent. Colombia let themselves down, when they actually want to play, they can hurt teams

Not only open play , I thought our dead balls were disappointing compared to the two first group games.. apart from the penalties of course.

Archived