New Kit Sponsor - 32Red

ThePrisoner

1 minute ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Obviously I was pointing out the hypocrisy of those playing the moral high ground regarding betting advertising.

Yeah I know. In terms of morality it just seems that couple of notches grubbier than Pedi or Bass. At least they were local employers.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The day we renamed our stadium the iPro was the day it became very clear that our club will do anything from a commercial standpoint if the money is right.

So I am not even bothered by this - we have obviously given the sponsorship to the highest bidder and that company just happens to be a betting company.

Life goes on.

Just now, philmycock said:

Let’s hope so! Wondering if that’s their old logo?

Nah if you go on their website their "logo" doesnt make it in any of their sponsorship images. 

Just now, AdamRam said:

If it helps toward FFP then I have no problem with it.  MM has to get every penny to subside what he puts into the club, and rightly so.

See, this is where I struggle a bit. I'm perhaps old-fashioned, but my first game was in '85 in the old 3rd division and back then DCFC was something for the community, a place to meet mates every other Saturday and regardless of the football something we had a bit of pride in. It was a sport that we all enjoyed going to.

It should not nor ever be a business, no matter how much that is the pervasive ideology pushed on us by (mainly) Sky, it's not about selling burgers from DNC, it should not be about getting little Johnny or Joanna the change Keepers shirt, should be about the game.

I know it's not my money, but I would not have minded seeing the club have some integrity and showing some social responsibility, by saying that we refuse to take betting money despite the fact it may harm us.

Just imagine if Mel had come out and explained to the fanbase why he didn't take this deal, the PR and goodwill would have been immense. As it is, we are just another business taking dollar from the highest bidder.

I'm not angry, just disappointed.

14 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

Morally wrong in so many ways. Not good Mel and now were about to appoint a manager who has never managed before. Where is this club heading?

Morally wrong? Come on are you telling me you have never placed a bet? Nobody forces anyone to go in a betting shop or bet online I have worked in the industry for 25 years and for most people it’s a bit of fun a leisure interest. Did you think Bass was morally wrong in the 80s?

2 minutes ago, Mick Harford said:

See, this is where I struggle a bit...

Just imagine if Mel had come out and explained to the fanbase why he didn't take this deal, the PR and goodwill would have been immense. As it is, we are just another business taking dollar from the highest bidder.

I'm not angry, just disappointed.

Yeah I was to, but reading your post and thinking about it. Someone would have hated whoever we go with. 

What I'd hope for is some sort of 'community' 'gamble aware' bit on the part of the Club?

10 minutes ago, Pearl Ram said:

Not for me, teetotal these days, used to think coming out of a pub sober was as big a crime as coming out of a restaurant hungry.

Packed it in because I didn’t like myself when I’d had drink but being a live and let live kind of guy I wouldn’t get on my soapbox about it.

The point is betting and alcohol are no different. They bitb are popular they both are addictive.

Archived