Raheem Sterling - Naive, Stupid or No-one else's business

Gaspode

Raheem Sterling - Naive, Stupid or No-one else's business?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If The Sun, and by definition the Sun lookers at pictures ('readers' if you want to really stretch a point) are against it, then I am if favour of it.

Lots of people spouting the same balls argument of "He's a role model and should hold himself to higher standards". I hate that.

All famous people aren't role models by default and therefore under obligation to revise their standards. People are role-models because of their standards.

And if anyone genuinely does idolise Raheem Sterling, they'll know enough about him to be aware of the meaning behind his tattoo. All this "my first impression was that it was glorifying guns" tripe is just irrelevant rubbish being spouted by random people with a sense of entitlement that conjures within them the delusion that their opinion on the topic should matter.  

5 hours ago, Gaspode said:

I've seen what he's said since it hit the papers - though there is an argument that if he has to explain it, the 'deeper meaning' is lost and it's just a picture of a gun....also, if you've lost someone close due to gun crime, why on earth would you pick a gun to commemorate it? The 'reason' he's given seems more than a little tenuous...

My own view is that he can do what he wants on his own body - but he's naive to have something like that and not expect some stick given the high profile that he is.... though the media over-reaction is sickening...

Yes that does seem strange, but then Christians use a cross as their logo.

I think it was Bill Hicks that said, "A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks, do you think if Jesus comes back he wants to see another cross?"

Just now, Gladys' Handbag said:

Yes that does seem strange, but then Christians use a cross as their logo.

I think it was Bill Hicks that said, "A lot of Christians wear crosses around their necks, do you think if Jesus comes back he wants to see another cross?"

Now then - nice try, but you're not going to get me to comment on the logic of religious folk....

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Now then - nice try, but you're not going to get me to comment on the logic of religious folk....

But proof denies faith.

It's like if St Lamb of Pard actually manages us for few games, we won't get to believe he'll be really god at it. The religious point of view is that belief is more important than actually doing anything.

Really this is headline front page news! The papers really need to get their facts straight, unlike the front page and page 5 of the Sun says, this is not an M16, it is in fact an M4, you can tell by the telescopic butt, the short forgrip and the thicker barrel, people have satanic emblems and knives through skulls tattooed on their bodies, should they be sacked as well! Get a grip PC pancy’s  FFS

11 hours ago, jimbobram said:

The way The Scum have literally bullied this guy for years is an absolute joke. How do they get away with doing it. They literally made out it was Raheem's fault to guys got killed this weekend. 

When you've been slated for shopping in Poundland AND then slated for being generous with your wealth - it's hard to fathom why he is singled out for this treatment. Clearly something personal about it. No other footballer seems to be under this much scrutiny

Archived