Raheem Sterling - Naive, Stupid or No-one else's business

Gaspode

Raheem Sterling - Naive, Stupid or No-one else's business?  

115 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Ramarena said:

The U.K is one of the largest exporters of weapons in the world........that's ok!

Footballer gets a gun tattoo.....what an evil scumbag!

It would be funny if it wasn't so stupid!

Piers Morgan was apparently outraged about the tattoo - the same Piers Morgan who supports Arsenal - you know, the team nicknamed the Gunners with a bloody great big cannon on their emblem - you can't make this stuff up

2 hours ago, StivePesley said:

When you've been slated for shopping in Poundland AND then slated for being generous with your wealth - it's hard to fathom why he is singled out for this treatment. Clearly something personal about it. No other footballer seems to be under this much scrutiny

I may be wrong on this, but considering the publications involved, in particular The Mail, couldn't have something to do with his, shall we say, deep tan...

23 hours ago, David said:

I want to say naive but then I find myself arguing against that, what you can’t argue against is that it’s his body, his choice.

As footballers they are seen to be role models, you kind of have to accept that as part of the job, even if you don’t see yourself as a role model that kids should look up to. Is that fair?

Regardless of the story behind the tattoo, it could be seen by kids that guns are “cool”, not really the message you want to send out.

To argue against that you have millions of kids picking up games such as Call of Duty each year, is that not the same, making guns look “cool”.

Now I’m back at it’s his body, his choice where this all should have started and ended. Typical English press sitting on a 3 month old tattoo to “expose” 2 weeks before the World Cup. The sad thing is we are giving them the attention they are looking for when it would be far better to not buy, don’t click, share or even discuss. Complete blackout, same goes for that Mr Burns down the road.

Blackout?? Would need to be a full solar eclipse to block out fat Kenny.

1 hour ago, Gaspode said:

Piers Morgan was apparently outraged about the tattoo - the same Piers Morgan who supports Arsenal - you know, the team nicknamed the Gunners with a bloody great big cannon on their emblem - you can't make this stuff up

If I was given a free pass to hit anyone on the planet in the face as hard as possible I would probably pick Piers Morgan. I am usually quite chilled but this guy properly boils my piss. 

5 hours ago, Gaspode said:

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If I was given a free pass to hit anyone on the planet in the face as hard as possible I would probably pick Piers Morgan. I am usually quite chilled but this guy properly boils my piss. 

Surprises me because he's had a fairly good run of telling people who are talking poo that they are talking poo. He has been a decent ambassador for common sense on Twitter and that morning show from what I've seen.

Anybody who tells Kanye West to stfu can't be all bad. He's not normally one for mock outrage. 

I mean the tattoo isn't glorifying guns but it is rubbish and the reason he gave doesn't exactly make sense. You can't defend Sterling there. 

Anybody who's kids are inspired by Sterling's leg art are probably not doing great at parenting.   

The English media have a weird obsession with Sterling. I would say the reason is because he is black but they don’t have this negative obsession with Rashford, Alli or Lingard. 

Maybe it’s because the scouse media are still angry at him for leaving Liverpool as he did.

On 29/05/2018 at 13:58, ramsbottom said:

The Sun & The Mail really are staffed by utter pond life.  Their repeated bashing of the lad is not only racist, but a little creepy as well. 

Why racist? They've done similar to Wayne Rooney for about 15 years. I think its just about the need to create villains to sell papers, and the desire we seem to have in this country for watching people fall from grace. 

Here is the exact same type of headlines directed towards white man Wayne Rooney:

jjjjjjjjj.PNG.3dd58dc8677b5503bf465c75aba7e290.PNG

46 minutes ago, McLovin said:

The English media have a weird obsession with Sterling. I would say the reason is because he is black but they don’t have this negative obsession with Rashford, Alli or Lingard. 

Because the fall out he had with Liverpool fueled the 'greedy footballer' narrative, and gets people foaming at the mouth. He was an easy target.

If it wasn't him it would be somebody else, and they don't have to have a certain skin colour.... he's basically replaced Wayne Rooney as the 'go to' guy for a kicking, now that Rooney is past his best and no longer playing for England. 

3 hours ago, Alpha said:

Surprises me because he's had a fairly good run of telling people who are talking poo that they are talking poo. He has been a decent ambassador for common sense on Twitter and that morning show from what I've seen.

Anybody who tells Kanye West to stfu can't be all bad. He's not normally one for mock outrage. 

I mean the tattoo isn't glorifying guns but it is rubbish and the reason he gave doesn't exactly make sense. You can't defend Sterling there. 

Anybody who's kids are inspired by Sterling's leg art are probably not doing great at parenting.   

It's more his sense of moral superiority, especially after his conduct working for the News of the World and hacking a dead girls phone that does my head in.

12 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's more his sense of moral superiority, especially after his conduct working for the News of the World and hacking a dead girls phone that does my head in.

Yeah, I get that. Can't believe nobody fires it at him when he's giving them grief

Most of the media love telling us (and some of us enjoy reading) about how money doesn't make you smart, or kind, or sexy or switched on. My opinion is Sterling is an idiot who's entitled to tattoo whatever he wants wherever he wants. Money will soften his heartache in this case!

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Most of the media love telling us (and some of us enjoy reading) about how money doesn't make you smart, or kind, or sexy or switched on. My opinion is Sterling is an idiot who's entitled to tattoo whatever he wants wherever he wants. Money will soften his heartache in this case!

Why is he an idiot?

Archived