Matej Vydra - Signed for Burnley

Bris Vegas

All of the part time managers on here are assuming he wont fit in this system.

Just because it didn't work under a different management team, doesn't mean the current manager can't make it work.

We know Vyds can score, so if he is to stay then surely introducing him in games where we are 2 or 3 up near the end of the game will give an insight as to if he can fit in.

Otherwise he sits on his current salary not contributing and his stock starts to fall

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF he stays then it becomes about one thing... Coaching. He clearly has quality. Nobody hits the ball harder. He finishes well. Good pace. Decent energy. 

It's then about coaching to keep his head up, adjust his play, improve generally as a player. 

I have faith in FL and JM to identify what needs to be worked on and do that. For the good of the club to have a player firing and for the good of the club to have a valuable asset to sell should it be required. 

If he's here I don't see him being frozen out unless he dictates that he doesn't want to change his game. I can't see any goalscorer denying the opportunity to be made better. Maybe at 36 but not at his age. 

Funnily enough I think Vydra not leaving might have saved Martin and Jerome. 

It's clear to see the money from the Vydra sale was going towards Waghorn who is an absolute brick of a man. Thicker than he is tall.

With Waghorn not coming Lampard will be forced to look at strikers who offer something slightly different. He's already got Nugent (experience, knack of knowing where to be), Marriott (finisher) and Vydra (finisher). 

He might look to Jerome or Martin to be his option if he wants a hold-up striker.

17 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

All of the part time managers on here are assuming he wont fit in this system.

Just because it didn't work under a different management team, doesn't mean the current manager can't make it work.

We know Vyds can score, so if he is to stay then surely introducing him in games where we are 2 or 3 up near the end of the game will give an insight as to if he can fit in.

Otherwise he sits on his current salary not contributing and his stock starts to fall

so anyone with an opinion you're saying is a part time manager yes??? thats why fans come on here mate to give an opinion...its called a fans forum ?...just like you've given your view ....

17 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

Funnily enough I think Vydra not leaving might have saved Martin and Jerome. 

It's clear to see the money from the Vydra sale was going towards Waghorn who is an absolute brick of a man. Thicker than he is tall.

With Waghorn not coming Lampard will be forced to look at strikers who offer something slightly different. He's already got Nugent (experience, knack of knowing where to be), Marriott (finisher) and Vydra (finisher). 

He might look to Jerome or Martin to be his option if he wants a hold-up striker.

Jerome cannot hold his pants up

it bobbles off him 

10 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

I’ve been going to football matches for over forty years. What the chuff is a false 9?

Once you find out if you could tell me that would be great.

It's all these new football manager playing namby pambies thinking they know everything there is about football because they completed a panini sticker book once.

To me Vydra is a footballer who scores goals, put the ball in the right area for him and there isn't a better finisher at the club, that we know of.

I would imagine Vydra, Mount, Wilson and Lawrence would all be on the same wavelength...it could be lovely to watch.

32 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

I’ve been going to football matches for over forty years. What the chuff is a false 9?

I think the youngsters believe it is someone who plays up front but doesn’t play up front and isn’t allowed to tackle or challenge for the ball and if an opposition player touches them they are allowed to cry and roll on the floor until they get scored a false 9 for artistic impression! 

26 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

It's all these new football manager playing namby pambies thinking they know everything there is about football because they completed a panini sticker book once.

I would imagine Vydra, Mount, Wilson and Lawrence would all be on the same wavelength...it could be lovely to watch.

I agree there is a certain amount of football snobbery and coming up with names and formations to complicate a simple game.

However, if you took over managing a team and they had just bought Michael Owen (in his prime) as their number 9. Would you expect to play the same way and be looking to buy similar players as if you had Alan Shearer as your focal point.... or had just bought Andy Carroll...or had Jermaine Defoe as your main striker?

Liverpool can play with 3 (Mane, Firminho, Salah) up top...all interchanging...all dropping back or gettibg down the line, with none of them saying I am the focal point...back to goal. Be lovely to see us do that and can see how people would like to imagine Vydra perhaps being part of that.

41 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

It's a 9 but not the proper dude

Pretends to be a 9 but then metamorphoses into an 8 or a 10 especially when you are not looking. Looks like he could be a CF but cannot score for toffee. Locally abundant but quite rare in a biosphere sense of the concept in an ethereal, metaphysical, deterministic, nihilistic way. What's not to understand? OK, SaffyRam

53 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Once you find out if you could tell me that would be great.

To me Vydra is a footballer who scores goals, put the ball in the right area for him and there isn't a better finisher at the club, that we know of.

Totally agree, MRiG?

1 hour ago, SaffyRam said:

It involves a sock and a cucumber

Archived