If your reading this Mel.........

Pearson

On 28/05/2018 at 21:43, RoyMac5 said:

Oooh get you! Perhaps your way isn't the way to do it?

Plus the rest of us do care, we just disagree with you! ?

Well it's fairly obvious that you disagree.  Look, it now seems like this Lampard thing is going to happen. It doesn't make any sense to me, but I hope I am wrong.    

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens
25 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I approve of this too please Mel. A mix of young and old(not too old though maximum 50) cheerleaders to make everyone happy.

Don't be daft, medical insurance will cost him a fortune 

The OP is wasting their breath. The fans have decided it's Lampard they want.

Of course, if it all goes wrong they will all be complaining of another dreadful appointment by MM and completely forget that they clamoured for him to be given the job.

I'll be behind him 100% when he's in charge, no question. It would be unfair not to be.

But this just cements my suspicion that MM has no real plan as to where the club is going, and has been flying by the seat of his pants since he took charge. I don't dislike Mel, and I genuinely believe he wants what is best for Derby County, but this vanity appointment is making me lose any confidence in him.

2 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

Of course, if it all goes wrong they will all be complaining of another dreadful appointment by MM and completely forget that they clamoured for him to be given the job.

I'll be behind him 100% when he's in charge, no question. It would be unfair not to be.

But this just cements my suspicion that MM has no real plan as to where the club is going, and has been flying by the seat of his pants since he took charge. I don't dislike Mel, and I genuinely believe he wants what is best for Derby County, but this vanity appointment is making me lose any confidence in him.

Seriously LER, how can you genuinely believe that he wants the best for DCFC and then call the possible appointment of Frank Lampard a vanity appointment.  If it was then he wouldn't be doing the best by DCFC.

We've had, apparently, 20 applicants. Amongst then will be a number of unappointables, quickly rejected.  They've probably then considered a number seriously.  They may also have interviewed some of them formally.  Maybe, just maybe, (because I haven't been part of this process any more than you have) Frank Lampard was the best at interview.  Maybe he was the most convincing, the one that persuaded Mel and the other people on the panel that he would offer the best opportunity for us to get into the PL. Maybe, if Frank is appointed, and having been part of the process, Mel genuinely feels he is doing the best by the club.  Your doubts might be because you weren't at Frank's interview and the subsequent discussions to hear what he had to say.

You're right that results will influence whether there is a positive vibe in 8 months time. But that will apply to whoever the appointee is. And Mel. Nothing to do with a vanity appointment, or not

13 minutes ago, LittleEatonRam said:

I’ve got some really positive chi going on about this possible appointment LER and I posted last night I’d be happy for my post to be bookmarked and take the pelters off the sceptics should it go Pete Tongue. (got to slip a bit more rhyming slang in, in tribute to the Cockney mafia)

I take on board your suspicion re Mel but I really think this could at last be the appointment his ambitions for the club finally bare fruit as it were. Can’t explain it, just got a good feeling about it.

Time of course will tell and if I’m wrong I’ll have no problem holding my hands up and admitting I got it wrong.

I’m an old wrinkly type of guy who stood at the Baseball Ground watching the Rams devouring Arsenal and a like on those dark evening games and from my perspective this is by far the nearest opportunity  I believe we have ever been to replicating those feelings towards a manager and team in all those years.

Please if it does happen, embrace it and enjoy the ride because as an experience it never leaves you.

I've been preaching for someone much older for several appointments, as I think someone a bit more savvy could steer the ship straighter when it veers off course - we've never needed too much more to get over the line, so I imagine somebody who could pick up another point here and there through experienced decisions could be the missing factor.

I am however prepared to give Frankie, who is at totally the other end of the spectrum, a go because he's something new and hopefully brings a fearlessness with him - a lot of the managers inbetween (that are in our range) develop a cynicism that almost prevents positivity whilst also lacking the nous to see their thoughts to fruition.

This will be interesting, and I'm believing Frank will inspire players and command their respect.

• 1 year later...
On 27/05/2018 at 20:56, Pearson said:

............and the rumours/gossip are true, please do not employ Lampard as manager.

Alan Shearer, John Barnes, Bobby Charlton, Paul Gascoigne, Gary Neville, Tony Adams, I could go on, all fantastic international footballers who have failed miserably when stepping into a managerial role.

Leaving their undoubted football ability aside they all had one thing in common, no evidence or testimonial that any of them could manage a football team. They were all a gamble which led to the inevitable outcome.

So why Mel are you doing exactly the same thing with Lampard?

You are a shrewd business man generating phenomenal wealth based on good business practice, and I guarantee, the employment of experienced and shrewd staff.

So why employ Lampard, the scenario is exactly the same.

From my prospective, if Lampard is employed we are faced with another two to three years in the wilderness with heaven only knows what carnage will be left behind.

Final plea, employ a proven and successful manger, do not meddle, leave then to do their job and you will eventually realise yours, and the supporter’s dream, of Premiership football.

Ha ha ha ha ha

Yes I'm bored going through old topics for reasons unknown 

3 minutes ago, Squid said:

Ha ha ha ha ha

Yes I'm bored going through old topics for reasons unknown 

So just to recap, this guy thought employing Pearson was a good idea and employing Lampard was a bad idea.

Please tell me he thought employing Cocu was a bad idea, that may be our only hope!

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

So just to recap, this guy thought employing Pearson was a good idea and employing Lampard was a bad idea.

Please tell me he thought employing Cocu was a bad idea, that may be our only hope!

Almost the entire forum thought hiring Nigel Pearson was the right appointment at the time, it's worth remembering.

28 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Playing Devils advocate, Lampard was employed, and we have been left with 2-3 years worth of a mess to sort out because we didn’t sign any decent perm players.

I hope for the devil's sake he's got you on No Win No Fee because that's a poor argument. We've spent a lot of money on permanent signings for about 5 years now and got nowhere.

Our most influencial players have been youngsters, bargain deals and loans. That's what will get us out of this league and free us up to spend money more expansively.

14 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I hope for the devil's sake he's got you on No Win No Fee because that's a poor argument. We've spent a lot of money on permanent signings for about 5 years now and got nowhere.

Our most influencial players have been youngsters, bargain deals and loans. That's what will get us out of this league and free us up to spend money more expansively.

Never said it was my argument... just there is an argument for it. Personally, I blame our clueless recruitment team for the mess we’re currently in.

Archived